Andy_d

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

as for Tattoo's or no Tattoo's is a choice between you and God, as long as it is between you and God and not for yourself.

Isaiah 44:5-6

5"This one will say, 'I am the LORD'S; And that one will call on the name of Jacob; And another will write on his hand, 'Belonging to the LORD,' And will name Israel's name with honor. 6"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

on weather Jesus would or could have a tattoo?

Revelation 19:16

16And He has a name written on His robe and on His thigh: King of kings and Lord of lords.

I say these things not because I justify my thoughts, but to show God is true and Holy and what is God's is God's what is of this world is of this world. I personally have a Tattoo that proclaims my love for my Savior Jesus Christ.

so in closing, what is permissible for one may not be permissible for another. God calls us unto Glory and proclaim his name in many different ways. only thing he asks is for our hearts to be open to his will and calling. if God has not called you to something, turn and run from it.

Whatever you do, do unto the glory of God, and God alone!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Even if one does not care about maring the beautiful body God gave, one should realize the skin is the largest organ we have and the tattoo inks are not vegetable based but car paint, printers' ink or any other ink that is cheap. This ink toxin can travel to the liver, kidney etc. causing untold health issues in years to come and the needles may not be sterile causing hepatitis.

Now that's all a good reason to stay away.

In addition Jews were told not to mark their bodies as the pagans did. Nor should they or we cut ourselves as the pagans did. All perfect reasons for me not to do it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lambsy

Thats exactly what I was saying.....

Blessings....

Thousands of years ago a very special people were hand picked by God & H e Called then His Chosen ones.....The Hebrew people were given the very Word of God with very specific instruction ,these instructions were a list of do's & do-nots......they were so full of WISDOM far beyond human comprehension,only recently have men realized that the dietary laws for humans described in these Holy Scriptures are perfect  to keep ones body healthy & functioning as best as it possibly can in every way........God did not give man a set of daily instruction without very good Reason,for our best interests,because He Loves His children......

We have seen many replies here that are wonderful,well thought out answers.....covering many reasons why we should not defile the Temple of God,we understand the pagan origins of this practice,we understand that  it was a "do not".......& now let us consider Gods Infinite Wisdom that once again,only recently have men realized that this method of "decorating" ones body has had terrible consequences,like Hepatitis C for one,tattoos having been one of the ways to contract the disease......God Knew these things before the thought ever entered mans mind......it just Amazes me how our Loving Father never leaves any stone unturned in our Daily Life Instruction Book...............His Word,to God be the Glory!                                                           With love-inChrist,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/5/2017 at 1:38 PM, arphaxad said:

I don't think I could put it better than @No124get1952 had at the top of this discussion....
I had tattoos before giving my life to Christ....
none since then....

but have considered it....

Mainly to get more God glorying art over some of my less reverent ones....
but just haven't done it yet....

The bottom line I believe is that as long as you are doing it to glorify Jesus....
I can't image Christ having a problem with it....

If you have Christians around you that would be offended....
I would not show it to them....
as it could cause them....
to stumble....

:emot-heartbeat:

Even Jesus

“Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.

Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are continually before me.
Isaiah 49:15-16 (
English Standard Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 1 month later...
Guest Judas Machabeus

I personally would not get a tattoo. But I'm not opposed to them as a general rule. 

I checked out that link  some I liked and some I thought were border line tasteless and some I thought were inaproperate. 

I do like this one though. (Found on the link in post #2)

IMG_0812.PNG

I accept the Bible teaching against tattoos and personally strongly object to this one and any like it. This one in particular shows Jesus our Lord only crucified...He completed His sacrifice on the cross and now sits at His/our Father's right hand......alive not just crucified.

We serve a risen not crucified Lord.....

38 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

I accept the Bible teaching against tattoos and personally strongly object to this one and any like it. This one in particular shows Jesus our Lord only crucified...He completed His sacrifice on the cross and now sits at His/our Father's right hand......alive not just crucified.

We serve a risen not crucified Lord.....

:thumbsup:

There Is One "Tattoo" I Desire

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12

And I've Been Assured

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

I'll Carry It

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:15-18

Forever And Ever Amen~!

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

Fresno, with that I fully agree and for which I can hardly wait! Maranatha!

16 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

Fresno, with that I fully agree and for which I can hardly wait! Maranatha!