I loved that Dr. Seuss video.:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

There is a video forum for all videos.  Do not embed videos in any thread outside of the video forum, nor create a link to YouTube.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Not sure, but I think everyone waits for me to go somewhere then they all follow. Can't be that I am just one of the many ants dragging gains of sand, helping to make the ant pile ever taller in the process-

Guest BacKaran

I can spit off my apartment and hit one of their Church cars in their parking lot. 

No spitting allowed.   Really, there's old western laws about chaw and spitting, it ruins the dresses of the ladies in the 18-19th centuries! ?

Edited by BacKaran

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

I'll go out on a limb here and guess you live in an apartment?If so I would suggest that is why when looking for a place it is always best to make visits throughout the day to see what the ambient noises are like before committing to a lease. 

These suggestions may help you. Besides moving of course. 

How To Reduce Ambient Noise at Home, Inside and Out

Top 3 Ways to Reduce Noise in Your Apartment

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, delade3 said:

It used to be jungle but now it's multi-laned??  Where did the US get all that monies for development in so few years??  And seeing now that the U.S. is over 19 Trillion dollars in debt, who provides for the new developments and how is outsourcing for residents NOT an issue?  Where did all the katydids  and the tree frogs followed by the morning mocking birds go? 

I am not even sure what the topic of this thread IS, to be honest.  But if you're bothered by all the noise, move.  If you can see people looking into your apartment, hang shades. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

My best friend's daughter moved to the city last year. She could only afford a walk-up and the other apartment buildings on the block were like this members, a stones throw. What she did was she went to the auto parts store and bought mirror tint for cars. Great stuff in that she has a fire escape platform outside the windows that face those near neighbors. She affixed the mirror tint that helps in noise reduction on the thin glass. Plus if her neighbors think to be nosy and look into her place, they see themselves reflected back being nosy.:laugh:

This land's people sit on an awful lot of money don't they?

Why I just returned from California, the place where we hear there is nothing  but woes. Yet I saw nothing but the busiest of building going on everywhere. Now it is terrible to me, but the locals and the new residents they love what they see as grand opportunities. I talked with several individuals, from all over the lands of the Pacific rim and  Central America. They are enthusiastic. 

It is in the eye of the beholder and the mindset of the individual , what is seen and perceived, I guess.

7 hours ago, Danger Noodle said:

My best friend's daughter moved to the city last year. She could only afford a walk-up and the other apartment buildings on the block were like this members, a stones throw. What she did was she went to the auto parts store and bought mirror tint for cars. Great stuff in that she has a fire escape platform outside the windows that face those near neighbors. She affixed the mirror tint that helps in noise reduction on the thin glass. Plus if her neighbors think to be nosy and look into her place, they see themselves reflected back being nosy.:laugh:

I was surprised to see the relatively low starting price for a large new apartment at So. Ca. this month, under $800 least as a start, but oh my I wouldn't be able to do it. There were five stories high of bonfire lumber being stuccoed over right at the edge of  the commercial parking lot on a major surface road looking at the rooftop  of Whole Paycheck Market. Dreadful, (to me) but that is what I was seeing everywhere I went. And obviously a pleasure to many,  or else they would not be filling up the apartments.

So the subject?- noise and it's effects on some of us at least. I have been privileged to live  a country life, a city life, a suburb life, and now  I desire a gentleman's farm life. But,-  life gets in the way. So I just pick myself up each day  and pray; Lord please send me into some humble service yet again, get me through the day. May I see some joy, and be encouraged by all the young families and even younger singles, all beginning their own journeys finding you are sovereign in all matters.

Thank you Lord for the adventures.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I was surprised to see the relatively low starting price for a large new apartment at So. Ca. this month, under $800 least as a start, but oh my I wouldn't be able to do it. There were five stories high of bonfire lumber being stuccoed over right at the edge of  the commercial parking lot on a major surface road looking at the rooftop  of Whole Paycheck Market. Dreadful, (to me) but that is what I was seeing everywhere I went. And obviously a pleasure to many,  or else they would not be filling up the apartments.

Housing costs in California is very, very high.