• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, cherubim said:

But not everyone is "our brother."  Some are from the evil one.  

Hi, I love that you brought that up! For it triggered a fond memory of a time with the man I just now got off the phone with, my uncle, a fine bond-servant in so many ways. He long ago said what follows below to me in response to  a serious conversation we were having about business, and of a man  that was our enemy, but who my uncle considered  to be friend.

I had just warned him not to share of our business much information with this adversary that we were about to meet with, for he is not truly a friend  to my uncle at all, but instead means us much  harm.

My uncle's response was: I may not be his friend, but He is mine.

I learned over some time from that to be  a friend to all and that it is not necessary for  anyone to be a friend back. 

And this  enemy? He  did us great harm. He is now long dead,  as also is  the consequence of the serious damage he did us. In retrospect I see that it was all temporary; and in God's plan for our life.

It is now kinda easy, once I do not demand reciprocation as a condition of being someone's friend, to be a friend to most anyone and everyone.

And as to that particular enemy, may God have found him to have known Jesus as his Lord  at the time of his death from the cancer that killed him. It was hard for me to learn, but I have since forgiven that man, and hope that he forgave me any grief that I may have caused him too.

I even now enjoy the experience of that  lesson I went through. It was an e ticket ride at great expense of time and money, but it shaped much of my life and  in part led to my present service and circumstance under my Lord's  employ as His bond-servant.

Praise God for His long suffering patience  till we learn the lessons He teaches. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

14 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

My uncle's response was: I may not be his friend, but He is mine.

I learned over some time from that to be  a friend to all and that it is not necessary for  anyone to be a friend back. 

It is now kinda easy, once I do not demand reciprocation as a condition of being someone's friend, to be a friend to most anyone and everyone.

I like this.  If all see me as a tare, or an enemy, why would I react as anything different?  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, hmbld said:

I like this.  If all see me as a tare, or an enemy, why would I react as anything different?  

How about, who is fit to judge a tare thinking themselves the wheat? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,424
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, cherubim said:

I have seen satan use even Christians, and has probably used me at times.  I wonder how he gains access to our thoughts - I've never read any good books about it, although I have read a number of spiritual warfare books.  I know we are to take every thought captive.  

I am interested in the title of the spiritual warfare books you read.  You can PM  me if you don't want to post them, which i fully understand .   If you are not inclined to give those titles that is understandable too .  

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

It might be easy to misjudged a person. I think it's not hard to see who loves Jesus. If you don't love your brother you really don't love the Lord. If you love your brother then you love Jesus.

And perhaps if I  do not love my  enemy I don't love God. The saints are encouraged into a much higher and harder calling by our Lord. And to my mind  it then doesn't matter much as to my judgement of another man's plight before his Lord. At least not as it pertains to what is my "perfect" treatment of him.

I must be perfect. Praise God for His mercy upon me and for the sacrifice made by my Lord Jesus that atoned for my failures and my sins against God's will for me.

From the beatitudes:

"Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

And perhaps if I  do not love my  enemy I don't love God. The saints are encouraged into a much higher and harder calling by our Lord. And to my mind  it then doesn't matter much as to my judgement of another man's plight before his Lord. At least not as it pertains to what is my "perfect" treatment of him.

I must be perfect. Praise God for His mercy upon me and for the sacrifice made by my Lord Jesus that atoned for my failures and my sins against God's will for me.

From the beatitudes:

"Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Yes we must love our enemies.  God loved us when we were against him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86

This subject can be very troublesome because who decides? What criteria is used?

i know some people believe Catholics who believe all that Mary stuff that the RCC espouses are tares, but do we know this for sure, especially if they say they trust in Christ for justification? 

So you see, this can be dangerous on some levels. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Yes we must love our enemies.  God loved us when we were against him.

Jesus did say "love your enemy", but in what context, did he say to go to the enemy and give him a love gift, what is a love gift anyway. 

They are different kinds of enemies, and we are all enemies to those of a different persuasion, when we try to procilitize their family members, do you know how they may perceived you, and how they may talked about the Christian who tried to snatch one of their sheep away from them. 

Jesus had a very special message to the Jews, when he said "love your enemies". 

The Jews were wondering if he is really the Christ, how he is going to deal with the Romans our enemies . 

He never spoke against them, he is not advocating an uprising, he is not gathering strong men of the war arts around him, he is telling the people pay your taxes to the Romans, and so on. 

For the Jew love your enemies , is advocating , love the Romans. 

That sheild the fate of Jesus in the minds of the Jews, as not being the CHRIST. 

The Christ must bring death to the Romans, and not the "LIFE", and it happened the other way around, the Romans got the "Life", and not the Jews. 

I think looking at JESUS as an example , that we should stay away from our enemies , that's what he did himself, many times he run away from them to save his life, the same as Paul, and all the others. Especially if the enemy has the means to hurt. 

Jesus wanted the Jews to perceived him as his enemy, but he didn't want them to love him, he wanted them to hate him to death, we do not have to follow Jesus in everything he did, we do not have his mission on our shoulders. 

There are times that we need to shake the dust from our feet, but we need to be careful not to do this to someone the Lord has sent, because he is not from the same dogmatic spirit. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings cheribum

Happy Resurrection Day .... Im glad that you Understood & Received well, I hope many others do too..... Its my daily prayer.... Yes, the first course of action is being awake, aware..... Look within & be accoubtable, responsible for ourselves

Its very easy too constantly point the finger .... Gods Word is very clear we must first remove that big ole beam from our own eye so we can see clearly to point out that speck in someone elses eye and help remove it....

I tire of hearing this one is a false teacher, that one is a false teacher and there is no sunstanstiated evidence, only hearday & rumor..... Who is the rumor monger, the one the spirit of hearsay has prompted to slander and accuse others.... They devil is called" the accuser" 

Here on Worthy we have a lovely Thread called " the 10 commandments of online witnessing"  with thise as a daily reminder, prayer & waiting for our Lord beforr we " re- act" we can ovrercome the ememys feeble attemos to steal, kill & destroy from within the Body of Christ..... Many are in denial and we must pray for them, they are our Brothers & Sisters

The enemy does not stand a chance when he is not entertained.... We dont ever need to reply to foolishness and then it will not go on for pages and pages and pages.... Again, resist the devil and he will flee.... Cant bicker by himself, can he? Cant spread false doctrine to himself, can he? Lol 

We can all do our part ....  each & every one of us must strive towards Perfection and let Holy Spirit move here like a Mighty Rushing Wind, Praise Jesus

With love, in Christ, Kwik

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I cleaned the thread of unnecessary posts so this thread is not derailed any more than what it already has been.  Let's stay on topic.

An internet discussion forum is a place where every person who replies can voice their opinion, hopefully being backed up with scripture so everyone can learn to be more like the Berean's and search the scriptures to see if what they have been told is true or false.  The idea is to see what they are being told, not who the person is that is speaking.  In the process of this form of dialog, people will say things that another person will not like while others see nothing wrong with it.  Instead of taking it personally, learn to let it roll off your back like water off a duck.  It is when a person takes it personally that the discussion turns to personal insults/attacks, which is a tool of Satan as it begins to divide brothers and sisters.  A phrase I have learned a long time ago is that internet forums are not for those with thin skin, which means that if you are insulted easily, then perhaps you need thinker skin and not let it irritate you.  It has been my experience that most people need to work on having thicker skin on the forums.

The wheat and the tears is a basic teaching, more of the milk of the word, and though it is important, it is not a salvation issue.  Satan has people everywhere, and, like Peter, we may find that sometimes we are being used.  What Peter did not have is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that will check our spirit when something is wrong.  Learn to listen to His quiet voice when we post replies and not post knee-jerking responses.

Though it is true that we cannot know another persons heart, we can see the fruit of their words.  When we learn how to allow His love and wisdom to guide our posts, we become more mature in Him.  Let's all grow together and not apart.