It’s Official: Mormon Founder Had Up to 40 Wives

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Their secret vows demand these things should they break their vows.  I have good friend who have been delivered from the LDS as well as some who work among them to spread the Gospel of Christ.  It is most certainly true.  They vow to raise their children in the LDS under penalty of their vows.  They then think that is the only way they can be saved in the mormon faith.  I have seen the terror in the eyes of those about to be excommunicated from LDS, as well as the thought of taking their kids out of LDS.  I didn't understand it until I started to understand the vows of the lower echelon of Masons under eternal death should they reveal their secret codes, and was told about it by an LDS who had defected.  Another LDS asked for prayer covering as she had renounce the church.  There is terrible bondage with regular LDS--not so much rLDS.  

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I believe his "revelation" was a case of Automatic Writing.

I think you are correct...

By the way, the book of Mormon is a good read....   fiction, but a good storyline.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Smith having many wives does not faze the average Mormon. They believe he was truly called by God to be a latter day prophet and restore apostate Christianity. They also believe he was told by God to take these women for wives.

This shows how very deceived they are. One of satans most destructive work.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cobalt.....

No.  There is one small section in Northern Arizona known as the Fredonia Strip where a different sect of Mormonism that the main LDS church does not recognize is practiced but the LDS does not practice it anymore and has not for decades.  They had to stop practicing it or Utah would not have gotten statehood otherwise.  The RLDS, as far as I know has never practiced it.

I understand what you are saying as far as the official sects that used to practice polygamy.......so I really should not have said "as I understand it,many "mormons" practice spolygamy" I guess what I meant to say(after watching the recent documentary -2 days ago is "AS I understand it ,there seem, to ne many off shoot sects of the mainstream LDS that still practice polygamy in America"they are not legal plus it is not permitted by the LDS church,anyone caught would be excommunicated     Those that still practice do it secretly,the modern FDLS societies.....I ,for one,do not have first hand information so that is what I "heard"   I believe we all only have second hand information,we have either read about it(who wrote it?lol) OR heard about it(from where/whom?lol)   I suppose what I viewed is as good as anyone elses source,NOT!

I believe I was watching the ID channel(crime investigations ) I do know a family that belongs to LDS,they believe their will have the same family (spouses,children) in Heaven,an "celestial family" or choose a celestial spouse.....some strange doctrine that I don't understand where they came up with that idea? Its funny because there is another gal I know who says she is Mormon & in all our discussions we don't disagree much.....she does read a KJV though and seems to have a personal Relationship with God in Christ,we don't nit pik or talk about non-SAlvational issues-Praise Jesus (She Believes Jesus is God,her Lord & Savior)            With love-in Christ,Kwik

I am told that what goes on in the Mormon Temple is similar to what goes on in the Masonic Temple...   I have no way of a reality check on that though but the people that told me that should know.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

On 7/4/2017 at 11:19 AM, other one said:

I am told that what goes on in the Mormon Temple is similar to what goes on in the Masonic Temple...   I have no way of a reality check on that though but the people that told me that should know.

There are a number of supposed opportunities to see what goes on at YT. One such claim was captured by hidden camera.

I'll check it out later.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Knowing many dozens of LDS and my husband having dozens of mormon relatives, we are over run with missionaries.  I don't invite them in if my husband is unable to be present.  We have a temple here complete with Moroni blowing a trumpet on top,  and nearly 50 "churches" in our area of about 350,000 people.   When I have attended their services they sang frontier songs and Jesus was not mentioned.  They are trained to agree that they believe like we do.  But they don't mention that they believe in many gods, including Jesus.  Every god has his own planet.

From Catholic Answers:   The lowest heaven is populated by adulterers, murderers, thieves, liars and other evil-doers. These share in a glory and delight impossible to imagine. Their sins have been forgiven, and they now enjoy the eternal presence of the Holy Ghost. 

The middle heaven contains the souls and bodies of good non-Mormons and those Mormons who were in some way deficient in their obedience to church commandments. They will glory in the presence of Jesus Christ forever. 

The top heaven is reserved for devout Mormons, who go on to become gods and rulers of their own universes. By having their wives and children "sealed" to them during an earthly, temple ceremony, these men-gods will procreate billions of spirits and place them into future, physical bodies. These future children will then worship their father-gods, obeying Mormon commandments, and eventually take their place in the eternal progression to their own godhood. "   This is the info I received from the elders as well.

It has been 20 years since I talked to the man who had been a member of the 70 in Salt Lake but had been saved and renounced his church, told me about the secret vows that they take in the temple. But many including him have asked that their names be removed from the mormon membership rolls or "book of life", which includes a ritual that damns them to hell.  The women who have vowed in the temple to raise their children to be mormon are also in fear of taking them to other churches, even if they don't believe that the mormon church is Christian.  I often think of the lady who was dying in the hospital refusing to take off her mormon underwear to be washed that had been blessed in the temple.

Mormons took over a Masonic temple in Missouri and assumed the Scottish Rite Masonic rituals and part of their legends.  When I have asked missionaries and elders about this they answer that they don't claim to be the only ones who have the truth.  The mormons are not allowed now to join any masonic temple.  Jews can join but not mormons   I was in Job's Daughters, an entry level Masonic group, and am familiar with the vows they start you taking to keep secret their passwords and rituals under penalty of damnation.  There are deeper levels that take you into the occult.  I have read one of the many secret Scottish Rite books kept in their library.  They are very mystical and read like Nostradamus. They also instruct that new members should not be informed about the deeper levels.  They don't make a lot of sense, as though only the elite can understand them.  It reminds me of Paul talking about our Gospel not being hidden or secret.  They had secret orders back then, too.  

A full page article in our local  newspaper by and about wicca recommended that people join Masons or mormons to learn about and practice wicca.   So my information has been much different than some concerning mormons.   One mormon woman  was divorced by her husband so she wanted to return here to be with her family.  He chased her down, kidnapped her children, and then went to a Utah court to gain legal custody saying she had deserted them. I think she had lived in Ogden at the time.  We were friends of hers and her family as well.  My other information about their church came from the churches and missionaries themselves, literature that may be out of date since each new president is considered a prophet who can change their doctrine.  

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The Mormon faith itself is corrupt when allowing for the wedding of minor girls to its elders. Joseph Smith could have had 1000 wives and he was still doomed in his cult. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

26 minutes ago, Willa said:

Knowing many dozens of LDS and my husband having dozens of mormon relatives, we are over run with missionaries.  I don't invite them in if my husband is unable to be present.  We have a temple here complete with Moroni blowing a trumpet on top,  and nearly 50 "churches" in our area of about 350,000 people.   When I have attended their services they sang frontier songs and Jesus was not mentioned.  They are trained to agree that they believe like we do.  But they don't mention that they believe in many gods, including Jesus.  Every god has his own planet.

From Catholic Answers:   The lowest heaven is populated by adulterers, murderers, thieves, liars and other evil-doers. These share in a glory and delight impossible to imagine. Their sins have been forgiven, and they now enjoy the eternal presence of the Holy Ghost. 

The middle heaven contains the souls and bodies of good non-Mormons and those Mormons who were in some way deficient in their obedience to church commandments. They will glory in the presence of Jesus Christ forever. 

The top heaven is reserved for devout Mormons, who go on to become gods and rulers of their own universes. By having their wives and children "sealed" to them during an earthly, temple ceremony, these men-gods will procreate billions of spirits and place them into future, physical bodies. These future children will then worship their father-gods, obeying Mormon commandments, and eventually take their place in the eternal progression to their own godhood. "   This is the info I received from the elders as well.

It has been 20 years since I talked to the man who had been a member of the 70 in Salt Lake but had been saved and renounced his church, told me about the secret vows that they take in the temple. But many including him have asked that their names be removed from the mormon membership rolls or "book of life", which includes a ritual that damns them to hell.  The women who have vowed in the temple to raise their children to be mormon are also in fear of taking them to other churches, even if they don't believe that the mormon church is Christian.  I often think of the lady who was dying in the hospital refusing to take off her mormon underwear to be washed that had been blessed in the temple.

Mormons took over a Masonic temple in Missouri and assumed the Scottish Rite Masonic rituals and part of their legends.  When I have asked missionaries and elders about this they answer that they don't claim to be the only ones who have the truth.  The mormons are not allowed now to join any masonic temple.  Jews can join but not mormons   I was in Job's Daughters, an entry level Masonic group, and am familiar with the vows they start you taking to keep secret their passwords and rituals under penalty of damnation.  There are deeper levels that take you into the occult.  I have read one of the many secret Scottish Rite books kept in their library.  They are very mystical and read like Nostradamus. They also instruct that new members should not be informed about the deeper levels.  They don't make a lot of sense, as though only the elite can understand them.  It reminds me of Paul talking about our Gospel not being hidden or secret.  They had secret orders back then, too.  

A full page article in our local  newspaper by and about wicca recommended that people join Masons or mormons to learn about and practice wicca.   So my information has been much different than some concerning mormons.   One mormon woman  was divorced by her husband so she wanted to return here to be with her family.  He chased her down, kidnapped her children, and then went to a Utah court to gain legal custody saying she had deserted them. I think she had lived in Ogden at the time.  We were friends of hers and her family as well.  My other information about their church came from the churches and missionaries themselves, literature that may be out of date since each new president is considered a prophet who can change their doctrine.  

My wife is a former Mormon. We live near Palmyra, New York where their temple is as well as the Joseph Smith farm and the 'sacred grove.'  Lots of Mormons in this area. They used to knock on our door from time to time until we became blacklisted when my wife left that church. She is considered an apostate and our house is on their 'do not go' list.

Edited by Swords99