• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings kelly.....

Welcome to Worthy,,,have you noticed always that  the people with the worst difficulties are the ones to jump right up and encourage? So why is is that there are people with no arms & legs (like Nick Vujicic)that a Filled with Joy & oddly enough "Gratitude".......? I could sit here & witness to you about my own trials,tribulations & recent Deliverance from Stage IV incurable cancer & the years of what was diagnosed as post chemo/radiation syndrome which iis supposed to be"chronic"......like BK1110, I was house-bound & found a wonderful opportunity here at WCF to be effective as a member of the Body of Christ to Minister & Encourage others BUT I will stop there because there is not much sense in testifying  that God is STILL is a Miracle Working God,always Was & always Will be......I'm not moved to Testify in that way but I am moved to tell you the difference between Encouragers & the down trodden,I'm sure you wont like it much but I sure do hope it is Well Received

Humility Dear Sister,you can try to cast all your cares on the Lord & wonder what that means OR you can learn what comes before that you are able to "let go" & let God

King James Bible
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.                                          1 Peter 5:6-7

I see so many things I want to ask you about......you are married for one year you say & your husband has a "dangerous past"(I take it that it is addiction to drugs because you mentioned his relapses over & over) Did you meet in rehab & how long is he sober? Did you ask God what to do before you said "I do"?   Secretly dealing with your step-daughter?"Secretly from who? Secrets are not good in a marriage   I think there is so much more to the story & not room enough to share it all here but my point is that many of(maybe even most) our problems are consequences of our own actions or reprocussions from our past rebellion and eventually,after living for years & years in the "flesh" suddenly our spirit is made ALIVE in Christ but we still live in the bodies we used & abused

Now don't be discouraged,the Good News is that the Lord Promises us a Life More Abundant in Christ Jesus,in spite of our poor decisions and our past.....that doesn't mean "poof" all our problems disappear,what it does mean is in the midst of it ALL we can have Peace,Joy,Comfort without skipping a beat!!! But these things do not come to us if we do not humble ourselves before God & surrender our will to Christ Lordship......Jesus said He Will NEVER leave us nor will He forsake us.....Gods Word is the TRUTH,Jesus is the Way,the Truth & the Life......If you have no Relationship with God in Christ after you accepted Him as your Lord & Savior that does not mean you are not Saved & it does not mean He is not Speaking to you....it means you cannot hear Him,you are not even trying to learn how to "listen" for His Still Small Voice

You may say"That's outrageous,its not true-how can you say that when you don't even know me" Because I do know you,I was you......we probably all were ,at one time or another but now we want nothing more than for you to discover what we have.....to walk by FAITH & not by sight.....to seek FIRST the Kingdom of God & ALL THINGS will be added.......You don't trust God dear one,if you did you would not doubt that He Hears your every cry,He Knows your pain,He Loves you beyond human comprehension        We have all been there,we do what we want to do FIRST & then want God to get us out of our mess & fix it......well,even though we make a mess of our lives He will STILL see us through it & give us His Peace in it,PEACE that surpasses all understanding......When we are weak is when we are made strong(2 Cor 12:9-11)

Everything I am saying to you comes from the Word of God,you must be firmly established in His Word seeking His FACE that He be an Active participant in your daily life & ONLY YOU can allow Him to do so,He is Willing & Waiting......I suffered some pretty bad things,went through some very difficult times & I am nobody special,I'm just like you,human ,ordinary ....Sister,I did extraordinary things to the Glory of God because Christ Abides in me,I never had to dream or wish for "happiness" because I have the JOY of the Lord,that's far better than "happy".....His Joy is indescribable       And I'm not handing you a "Happily Ever After" story of gumdrops & lollipops,I still get bombarded by the enemy,one thing after the next.....but you know what? Bring it ON!!!!! I'll just Praise God Louder & Higher,The Most High God is MY FATHER & if God is FOR YOU,who could be against you?

As everyone here is in agreement,this is the time you need to walk your talk......when the unbeliever sees a Joyful ,Peaceful,Grateful person in the midst of a storm,a life threatening ,category 5 hurricaine.....they say "Wow,I want what she has?!!!!!!"Focus on Jesus and others,forget about yourself and see what happens,,,,spend some time in Prayer Requests & REALLY pray for others,read Nick Vujicics Testimony,he has many videos on Youtube.....seek the Lords Face,not His Hand.....& then you can hear His Voice giving you Direction at every twist & turn                                           You are in my prayers                With love-in Christ<Kwik

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Kelly,

I know from personal experience that when  life has a lot of complications my tendency has been to try to take them all on. it's impossible for one human being to handle every issue of Life on their own.

Jesus addressed this by telling us,  Let each day's trouble be sufficient for that day. Matthew 6:34. This is the first place I would start with your situation only look at what that day has brought to you,that will help tremendously for a start.

Another thing to consider, is that Jesus told us to cast all of our cares on him not to solve them ourselves, or try to figure them all out, or correct them. 1 Peter 5:7. The way I do this is to imagine that there is a cart with a donkey pulling it. I take all the problems I can think of that at that moment, and put them in the back of the cart and send them off in my imagination( his yoke is easy and his burden is light.) In this way I give them to Jesus to handle.

Through the years I have been amazed at how impossible situations have work themselves out, and people have changed in only ways that a miracle-working God could perform.  

I've learned to trust him more, worry less and enjoy life!

God bless you as you walk with him.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Praying for you. Hope things get better and better. Someone told me a few months ago when I was bleeding for three days. Trust trust trust.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

My sister Kwik is so wise.

No one including you can put the pieces back together of your life, only God can do that.

It doesn't happen in an instant it's going to be a day by day process.  Giving God the broken pieces of your heart will compell you to go to Him everyday.  He loves you and wants to restore you so just   start letting Him do it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/11/2017 at 1:34 AM, kelly_bramm said:

Just having turned 40 years old a couple of months ago feels like a huge burden on my shoulders that keep getting bigger and bigger. I feel like the whole world is out to get me. I've been married for the 2nd time for 1 year (my first husband passed away unexpectedly 5 years ago). I feel like I have the weight of the entire world on me; from helping my mom who doesn't drive or speak English, to secretly dealing with my step-daughter who is acting up and getting in trouble with the law, to trying to keep my husband in line and away from his crazy, dangerous past, to dealing with chronic illness and continuous pain; to dealing with not been able to have kids; to all kinds of financial problems. And those are just the things that are going on right now, there are plenty more things I've had to endure in my entire life. All those pains, all those troubles make me feel like I am always chasing an ounce of happiness that will never be attained. I look up to God and I ask, why so much, why all the time and all I hear is silence. Whether He forgot about me or He's giving me the silent treatment, I don't understand. Giving up is all I can think about, but even in giving up I'm letting Him down and doing what He doesn't want me to do, I guess. 

But what other way out is there from all this pain, all this suffering, all this craziness? If we are all going to die at the end, why try to avoid the inevitable. How can I learn to live without caring? Without giving a second thought to my mother's situation, to the relationship with my brother, to the relapses my husband continues to have over and over. When there are no shattered dreams only because there's no strength to even dream, how can you find the strength to go on. 

I guess all I can ask, is how do I end the suffering when He shines his face away from me all the time.

Ill pray for you and your situation maybe God is silent because hes waiting for you to realize you cant make other peoples life right  but He can. We have to trust him with those we love. If you were gone tomorrow they would find a way to make it. 

Sometimes we make ourselfs so needed by others we forget to take care of ourselves. Sounds like you might be burnt out from trying to be to many peoples anchor and go to girl. When we fly on an airplane they tell us put the oxygen mask on ourself first then we can help others because we have plenty of air. Life guards keep the float between themselfs and a drowning victim because people in panic will drawn you. The best way to be strong enough to keep helping those you love is take care of yourself. You dont have to be other peoples God. God is good. Give the burden of responsibilty for other peoples lives to Him and trust he knows how to straighten up the crooked paths.

Sometimes we want God to tell us what to do but he is waiting for us to give our burdens to him so he can show us he is God and remind us we are not.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

I know where you live...and I know you. Your name is engraved on the palms of My hands.
I know the names of your spouse, parents, your children, your brothers and sisters, your friends, your neighbors, your work colleagues, and your classmates.
I know when you go out, for I am by your side. I know when you come home; I am there waiting.
I share your joys, your sorrows, I understand your troubles, your fears, your confusion.
When you are threatened, abused, and neglected, I feel the pain, I experience the loneliness. When you get hurt, I flinch.

I understand when you feel like giving up. When you want to give it all away. When the only options open to you are to throw crockery at the wall, bricks at the neighbours windows, or shoot arrows at anything or nothing in particular. When you would do anything just to be free from the suffering, the pain, then it is that time when I love you the most. I know that crawl space inside your head where you retreat to when life gets too much. Then is the time I would gather you as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings. Then is the time I would surround you with My love and compassion. Then is the time to come to Me, and I will put My arms around you and hug you and comfort you.
I love nothing more than to be involved in your world. I know everything there is to know about you, and there is nothing you can do, neglect, think, or say, that will stop Me from loving you. My entire being is focused on seeing you through your troubles, on being your closest friend, confidante, and companion, all to the express purpose of bringing you home with Me when I come.
I will see you through your time of trial. Every one of your tears leaves it’s stain upon My cheek. Every cry you utter I echo before My Father. And together, we will see you through to the other end.
Do not fear. Do not worry. I have been where you are. I have felt what you are feeling. I have experienced the injustice, the abuse, the slander, the pain, the suffering and even the death you fear.
But I now live, and My life is now focused on ensuring that you also shall live with Me. So be not afraid. Be strong. Be of good cheer.  I am bigger than your greatest fear. I am your Maker, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, and there is nothing I will with-hold from you that is to your good. My name is Jesus.
Make Me your hope, your trust, your fortress. I will not fail you.