• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

IF memory serves me , the regulars ones don't have no idea of what goes on , you have to ascend levels etc.

But I don't remember much from the conversations I had with two of them.  They would tell me their personal beliefs

but surprisingly not too much that goes on in other levels.    Ps. at least with these two ,their personal beliefs were way off.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Just my 2 cents.

You are so correct in your assessment. From my research the lower degree Masons don't have a clue of the founding and practices of Free Masonry, Scottish Rite, its beginnings, etc. The secrecy of it all should be clue number one, followed by the rites, rituals and requirements progressing in degrees. It's obvious they do some good works, but for whom and why?There are a number of former 32nd degree Masons who have become Christians and left the Masons / Shriner's when they eventually found out their true belief's and practices. One name that comes to mind is "Larry Bates", whom is having a legal problem with fraud presently. 

You all done "research" I lived the life. Going to pot lucks and open meetings when new members were accepted. I am by no means saying a Christian should join this.That is something I can not say.  But to call them a cult and to call them evil is not right. 

It is like the argument I had over Harry Potter. I read the books. Yet people who have never read a Harry Potter books would tell me that they're witchcraft and knew more about that then me because some speaker some time told them so. 

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

IF memory serves me , the regulars ones don't have no idea of what goes on , you have to ascend levels etc.

But I don't remember much from the conversations I had with two of them.  They would tell me their personal beliefs

but surprisingly not too much that goes on in other levels.    Ps. at least with these two ,their personal beliefs were way off.

One of them had on some kind of a ring.   I wanted to talk to him about their pratices, but it was almost like the man is sworn to say little or naught.

Way too secrete.  One would at least think if one follows JESUS in spirit and in truth. WHY so secrete when speaking to another christain.

OF course as I said , I would ask their personal takes on how they view JESUS etc.............a hint.........NOT GOOD AT ALL.............its way off.

WAY OFF.

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

One of them had on some kind of a ring.   I wanted to talk to him about their pratices, but it was almost like the man is sworn to say little or naught.

Way too secrete.  One would at least think if one follows JESUS in spirit and in truth. WHY so secrete when speaking to another christain.

OF course as I said , I would ask their personal takes on how they view JESUS etc.............a hint.........NOT GOOD AT ALL.............its way off.

WAY OFF.

I had the suspiscion , but it was just a thought.   That probably most of the regular ones , have no real idea of what goes on.   But that is just a thought.

50 minutes ago, Davida said:

Yes I do , I am not superficial.  .... Plus I know what is underneath, behind, hidden and the history.  I know what the SHRINERS is about and ALSO the Doctrines that the MASON'S teach. How about that?!  what a shocker LOL!!

Well good for you you get a cookie. Except all I could find was pizza. :57_57:

Just now, Davida said:

A knee jerk response....I don't think you know enough about it to make that distinction.

No...that was not a knee jerk response. It is a simple fact. 

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

The subject is SHRINERS aka - division of MASONS. 

Lady , you think you are the ONLY one in the World that has a relative in the Masons or Shriners?   That would be totally Silly!  Oh we live life too.

An Uncle was dedicated member of the SHRINERS and my Grandfather was a Free mason and my Grandmother member of the Eastern Star. That does not cloud my vision.

Well I don't think any of my comments were directed towards you as I posted most of them before your first post. So I do not know what issue you seem to be having about my post. 

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

That is a really childish response btw, condescension out of ignorance.

Alright. I was making a friendly joke. Now you are calling me names. 

I don't need this in my life. I'm done here. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Davida said:

No I would not donate to the Shriners.  If you want to give to those Hospitals -- Do it DIRECTLY. :)

Good thought! I was also thinking to the hospital but didn't articulate it. Thanks for doing so, as no I would not give to a cult and the Shriners are a cult, no doubt there.

Again, evil can do good works, and God canturn that which is intended to be for evil to instead do good.

SO I agree i would be careful in what I am contributing to even through the Hospital. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 7/31/2017 at 9:30 AM, LadyKay said:

They don't preach any gospel. They are not a church or a religion. They also do not go around recruiting members. If you wish to join you go to them. 

I am not saying "Hey go be a Mason and God is okay with that."  Because that is something someone should seek prayer  and God's guidance about. But I do not like untrue statements being made against anyone or any group. 

Masons are a secret lodge.  I have had many family members who were masons, I was a member of Job's Daughters, and I have read one of their Scottish Rite Masons secret books.  They take oaths to die should they reveal any of their secrets.  Their funeral rites are about if the person had passed degrees they earned heaven.   Through their rituals and degrees It teaches works based salvation, nothing about grace or the shed blood of Jesus providing forgiveness and salvation.  Go to one of their funerals.  

They did provide our nephew with burn recovery and extensive grafting to repair much of the disfiguring scar tissue that resulted.  I am not saying that they don't do good work or aren't nice people.  But you know little to nothing about them if you believe they don't promote a religion.  They are not anti-Christian or Anti Jewish, but they are anti Mormon since Joseph Smith took over one of their lodges and their Scottish Rite ritual and legend.  They do encourage people to read the Bible, but the secret book I read claims that no one can understand the Bible. The books are very mystical and read like Nostradamus.  The Bible does condemn their teaching, and it is not the gospel that Paul preached.