• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

2 hours ago, George said:

What everyone is missing in the North Korea situation is God's plan in it?

What do you think God's plan is for North Korea?  I'd be interested in hearing what you think is going to take place in the near future and why?

So people get so caught up in the "news" they forget God's purposes.

I'll leave my thoughts ... after I hear a few responses to this question.

Simply put, I believe God's purposes are what they always have been - to draw people to Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.  In the short term, people tend to look to Him (when they've previously forsaken Him) in times of uncertainly and turmoil.  See the US immediately after 9/11 (though the 'revival' here was relatively short-lived).

In this instance, since it does not seem to effect the Middle East directly, my opinion leans to the view that it is just more noise.  The wars and rumors of wars that Jesus spoke about in Matthew 24.  I'm not a Bible scholar, but I'm pretty sure most 'end time' prophecies focus on Israel and the Middle East.

Bottom line is that while it's not in China's self interest to seem like they're kowtowing to Trump; it's also not in their communist/capitalist interest to have the fatboy start WWIII and disrupt or destroy their markets.

They'll let him walk right up to the edge . . . and no further.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

He was talking about broadcasting strategies and tactics that the Obama administration was planning to use.  He basically told the enemy where and when we would strike and what we would use.  Trump hasn't done that.

Yes, he did.  He got briefed on that prior to the election.

Weak and pathetic arguments from the left; their arguments are circular and redundant. If he takes strong action, he's wrong, if he does nothing, he's wrong.  They preferred the feeble diplomacy of Obama. Trump is not fielding the NK problem alone; he DOES have the DOD.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

What do you think God's plan is for North Korea?  I'd be interested in hearing what you think is going to take place in the near future and why?

Now that is really a unique thought for the Christian. Let God have this North Korea situation 100%. Sit back and see what God is going to do. You know what George? You are the first one so far who has taken this perspective :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

I think God will let this dictator in NK go as far as He wants him to.  I don't believe Kim has any major role in God's plan and this situation is only a backdrop for the real problems that are coming.  I can only ponder the NK/Iran link and I believe it means something but I don't know what.  Of course, everything is going to happen according to His plan so all we mortals can do is watch.  What is the feeling on this NK thing in Israel?

18 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I think God will let this dictator in NK go as far as He wants him to.  I don't believe Kim has any major role in God's plan and this situation is only a backdrop for the real problems that are coming.  I can only ponder the NK/Iran link and I believe it means something but I don't know what.  Of course, everything is going to happen according to His plan so all we mortals can do is watch.  What is the feeling on this NK thing in Israel?

I think this NK problem will fade quickly. We have the air fighting strength to demolish them lickedy split quick!  We also have missiles that can take theirs out before they hit. The war with Israel and all who surround them doesnt happen till the end of the 7 yr tribulation .  The armies are great in number so it indicates to me that that is china and north korea as a few of the players involved perhaps. They will  destroy themselves because God makes them confused. Thats pretty funny to me. Go God! 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Trump allows those who are vetted  in their field of expertise to teach him . He weighs it all out as any wise man would do. Instead of focusing on what mistakes Trump could make; I suggest we obey God and pray for the LORD to guide him in wisdom and strength. Do you pray for our president?

I thought my comment was very neutral. It was in no way intended to be a  criticism of Trump.  Sorry if I have offended any Trump fans. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

48 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

His critics in this thread WANT N. Korea to bring Trump down...it's very obvious.  And disgusting.  But that's what the left does, they always side with our enemies.

Who in this thread is saying that! Why are you going on about the Left? :blink:

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I thought my comment was very neutral. It was in no way intended to be a  criticism of Trump.  Sorry if I have offended any Trump fans. 

I asked you a question! Do you pray for  President Trump? 

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Simply put, I believe God's purposes are what they always have been - to draw people to Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.  In the short term, people tend to look to Him (when they've previously forsaken Him) in times of uncertainly and turmoil.  See the US immediately after 9/11 (though the 'revival' here was relatively short-lived).

In this instance, since it does not seem to effect the Middle East directly, my opinion leans to the view that it is just more noise.  The wars and rumors of wars that Jesus spoke about in Matthew 24.  I'm not a Bible scholar, but I'm pretty sure most 'end time' prophecies focus on Israel and the Middle East.

Bottom line is that while it's not in China's self interest to seem like they're kowtowing to Trump; it's also not in their communist/capitalist interest to have the fatboy start WWIII and disrupt or destroy their markets.

They'll let him walk right up to the edge . . . and no further.

Blessings,

-Ed

My opinion is certainly not that of those who say this yr is BIG!  Ive heard that every yr the last couple of yrs from certain "denominations." I know Christ could come at any given moment. As soon as THAT last person chosen hears the gospel.

Blessings :) 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,762
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Now that is really a unique thought for the Christian. Let God have this North Korea situation 100%. Sit back and see what God is going to do. You know what George? You are the first one so far who has taken this perspective :)

Let's think this out.  We have millions of Christians in China -- and especially South Korea praying over this situation.  

We have a unique prophecy that says this --

Act 3:19  Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, 
Act 3:20  that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus, 
Act 3:21  whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago. 

Rom 11:25  Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 

Is the restoration of all things -- does this include the salvation of North Koreans who've been isolated from the gospel message?  I believe it does!

When we see the collapse of the North Korean regime -- this is a MAJOR domino to fall -- as the fullness of the Gentiles coming into the Kingdom!

If you see the collapse of North Korea, and you see a massive wave of people flooding into the Kingdom as in the days of the collapse of the Berlin Wall in 1989 -- then we're getting REALLY CLOSE to the fulfillment of prophecy.

So many people forget that God sets up the governments of this world to accomplish HIS PLAN!

Dan 2:21  He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding
Dan 2:22  he reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him. 

So while everyone is criticizing Trump in this thread -- are you praying for the salvation of the North Koreans?  Or it's leaders?    So pray ... learn to read the news in God's perspective ... and how it fits into God's plan!  Then enter into it ... seizing it with your prayers for the salvation of North Koreans!So stick to what God's plan is ... because in the grand scheme of things ... in eternity -- you'll either spend time regretting that you spent so much time criticizing the President ... or you'll see eternal rewards because you focused on God's plan in all of this!