• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Answer to your question - I believe heaven and earth will pass away.

"I had no trouble answering the question accurately."

Actually you answered a question I didn't ask. 

I asked: "If you died right this second after reading this. Where would you end up?"

You answered: you believe in a new heaven/earth

Did I asked if you believe in a new heaven/earth?

No.

If you're going to try to convince me that you answered accurately, then click on a poll option and tell me which one you selected.

I see now your motivation for asking the question "end up" being the clue and your response to notsolostsoul.

You want to teach you can lose your salvation.

Knew I smelled something fishy here.

END up was what I was focused on in the biblical sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

I see now your motivation for asking the question "end up" being the clue and your response to notsolostsoul.

makes one feel a bit violated doesn't it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

If I died this very night , I am 100% certain that I will be raised in the resurrection at the second coming and taken to the home prepared for me in the heavenly Jerusalem. Why so sure? Because I have the faith to lay hold of the promise that God's grace is sufficient for me...though I am far from perfect, yet God sees me through His Son....as if I had never sinned. 

But that is now....tomorrow? The next day? Next week? If I should choose NOT to trust Him? The just shall live by faith. We are saved by grace through faith. If I decide not to believe in God's promises???

Edited by brakelite
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

11 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

Why are you so sure, or unsure?

I am sure that all who believe in Him will have eternal life, as it is written.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." - John 10:27-28

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together." - Romans 8:16-17

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I clicked on the 99.99%. I've been a Christian for 43 years now and it wasn't until 5 years ago back in 2012 when God finally sent me the holy spirit. The holy spirit convicted me of my sins. All that time I thought I was saved, born again, going to heaven etc, I know now I was fooling myself all those years. The things I do nowadays compared to before, I know I was bound for hell had God and Christ not come to me as the HS. (John 14:23)

John 16:7-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

John 16:8 (GNT) And when he comes, he will prove to the people of the world that they are wrong about sin and about what is right and about God's judgment.

John 16:8 (NLT) And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment.

So now I take all scriptures into consideration, particularly the ones Jesus spoke of since He's the one who will decide who goes to heaven and who doesn't. Anyone noticed during the judgment when Christ returns and the judgment at the end of the millennium with God, there's nothing about faith, it's all about works?

Matthew 5:20 New King James Version (NKJV)

20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Revelation 20:11-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:31-46 New King James Version (NKJV)

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Might be a better idea to focus more on scriptures like the ones above since He did warned us with scriptures like these below of how many will be saved.

Luke 13:22-27 New King James Version (NKJV)

22 And He went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. 23 Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”

And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ 26 then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ 27 But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’

Matthew 22:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 “For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Luke 8:11-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. 14 Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. 15 But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

I'm sure many people here have read Matthew 7 numerous times, least I hope so. But how many of you really understood the message?

~In verse 14, Christ specifically said "there are few who find it." This does not sound like there will be as many saved as we hope.

~In verse 19, we're told if anyone does not produce good fruit, they're cut down and thrown into the fire.

~In verse 21, now this is the key verse to focus on. Jesus said only those who does the will of the Father will go to heaven. The key word in there is does! 

It's the doers of God's Laws who are declared righteous. (God's Laws, not the Mosaic Laws)

Matthew 7:13-23 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Romans 2:13 (NKJV) (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

Romans 2:13 (NIV) For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

James 1:22 (NKJV) But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

James 1:22 (NLT) But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.

Now go back to what Jesus said in Matthew 5:20. You cannot go to heaven until you've accumulated a certain amount of righteousness. You have to go out and perform good deeds toward others as He instructed us in Matthew 25. These good deeds amount to righteousness God is looking for. This was what He meant by loving others. Matthew 22:39.

Matthew 5:20 New King James Version (NKJV)

20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 25:34-40 New King James Version (NKJV)

34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

If this still hasn't clicked yet for some of you, here's what I'm doing getting myself ready. Not something I like to talk about but here I'll have to boost to give some of you ideas. If you ever read the parables of the Good Samaritan and the Parable of the Rich Young Ruler, you'll notice Jesus targets the poor a lot and encourages us to help them. He even said if you want to be "perfect," sell all your belongings, give the money to the poor and follow Me. 

This is what I'm doing. I get pay every two weeks, so that's twice a month I get a paycheck. I take one paycheck and live off of that for the whole month. The other paycheck I give the money away to the homeless on the streets. I also help out as a volunteer at a homeless shelter. Whenever I get a chance, I talk to as many as I can about Jesus. Some become interested and I end up giving them bibles. I also donate cash to institutions helping the poor and homeless, and do other things as well but these are the bigger efforts. So that's my boosting for now. Hopefully some of you guys get the idea and do the same while there's still time.

In Matthew 25:31-46, the key to loving others is to find other people's need and focus on where they need help the most. If they're poor, give them money. If they're sick, comfort them. If they're lonely, befriend them. If they're hungry, buy them dinner.  You guys have to be doers of God's Laws! This is how we'll be judged.

Matthew 22:37-40 New King James Version (NKJV)

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment.39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

17 hours ago, JohnD said:

Nothing can take you away from Christ. But Christ doesn't have chains around you. You can take yourself away from him. We were given free will, and by receiving salvation, our will is not taken away.

So yes, you can lose your salvation. 

A dog returns to his vomit, and swine to it's mud. 

Never losing your salvation is a false doctrine. If you truly believe what you say, you would have no issue with committing suicide right now. What's better than being in heaven right now? This is an obvious cult doctrine you have meddled in. If you come to Christ, then start worshiping Satan, you're telling me you're going to heaven? 

"Not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter". "The one who hid his talents was considered wicked...throw that servant into darkness". "Deliberate sins have no sacrifice left for them". "When the king came he asked, how did you get in here without a wedding garment". "If you boast... you will be grafted out". If you lose your faith in Jesus, what do you have to be counted for righteousness? 

The scriptures are loaded with verses on losing salvation. Yet people choose to misinterpret meanings of words in other verses to justify their theory. The scriptures don't contradict themselves. So one of us is wrong. The verses I provided are clear indications of, 'it means exactly what is says'. Any verse I've read about 'never losing salvation', has to be skewed to make your theory work.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

If it was not for grace there would be no hope. 

And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD: 19 Rememberinge mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. 20 My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbledf in me.

21 This I recallg to my mind, therefore have I hope. 22 It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
e Remembering: or, Remember
f humbled: Heb. bowed
g recall...: Heb. make to return to my heart  La 3:18-24

God,s mercies are new every morning.  Thank God he gave His Son so that we do have hope

Edited by Mike Mclees

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shiloh357
On 11/20/2017 at 5:43 PM, MyLordsServant said:

Nothing can take you away from Christ. But Christ doesn't have chains around you. You can take yourself away from him. We were given free will, and by receiving salvation, our will is not taken away.

If you truly saved and born again, there wouldn't be anything in your heart to prompt you to forsake the Lord.  Salvation is a complete transformation of the heart.   No true believer would ever be looking for a way to forsake the Lord.

So yes, you can lose your salvation. 

A dog returns to his vomit, and swine to it's mud. 

You are referencing II Peter 2.   What Peter was talking about, in context, was false teachers and their disciples.  The reason they "return to their vomit"  is because they are still the same "dogs" they were before.  They were never changed or born again. 

Never losing your salvation is a false doctrine. If you truly believe what you say, you would have no issue with committing suicide right now.

That is entirely untrue.  No truly born again person is looking for a way to sin or believes that eternal security means that they live in habitual sin.  Holiness is a key virtue of those who have been born again.   Their heart is sincere and they have a passion for serving Jesus.

What's better than being in heaven right now? This is an obvious cult doctrine you have meddled in. If you come to Christ, then start worshiping Satan, you're telling me you're going to heaven? 

That question demonstrates a very flawed understanding about what salvation is and the way a person has been changed since they were saved.  No truly saved person is going to worship Satan.

And any fear of losing salvation is not an impediment to sinful self-indulgence.   Jim Bakkar, Jimmy Swaggart, Sandi Patti, Amy Grant, Ray Boltz are well known preachers and Christian recording artists who fell to  lifestyles of sexual immorality and/or adultery.  And they  hailed from  denominations  that believe you can lose your salvation (Assemblies of God/Church of Christ). 

"Not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter". "The one who hid his talents was considered wicked...throw that servant into darkness". "Deliberate sins have no sacrifice left for them". "When the king came he asked, how did you get in here without a wedding garment". "If you boast... you will be grafted out". If you lose your faith in Jesus, what do you have to be counted for righteousness? 

You are applying those passages to an issue they were not meant to address.

The scriptures are loaded with verses on losing salvation.

No, there are not any verses that talk about losing salvation.  

Yet people choose to misinterpret meanings of words in other verses to justify their theory. The scriptures don't contradict themselves. So one of us is wrong. The verses I provided are clear indications of, 'it means exactly what is says'. Any verse I've read about 'never losing salvation', has to be skewed to make your theory work.

Sorry, but your interpretative skills are lacking quite a bit.  Full assurance of faith rests in the finished work of the cross, not in a feeble, futile  attempt to be worthy or deserving of salvation. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

No fear here, for if I get dementia, Alzheimer’s, mental illness or other?  No, salvation is not offered to me in a temporary basis. Forgiven until I fail Him?  No, I am forgiven by my faith in what Jesus did. That news is transformational. I trust in the blood of Jesus even through my failures. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,281
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you... through his Word objectively then subjectively within your heart and you will know!

James 4:8 (NKJV)
[8] Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 

• Thumbs Up 2