• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

What do you believe about Jesus?

Since you were considering being a jw, it does indicate you might not grasp the gospel. Its important to see if the foundation of your beliefs are correct.

I will continue being methodist.But keep studying about soul sleep.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

5 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

During the dark ages sailors and most people thought the earth was flat and they would fall off the earth if they went to far.

Why'd they think that?

What if the entire plane was encircled with ice beyond which it was too inhospitable to go?

It was the dark ages and people were ignorant because the Bible was outlawed from the common man

Well it was the Bible which told them it was Flat/Non-Spinning/Domed and Geocentric in the first place...

Flat:

(Isaiah 40:21-22) "Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? {22} It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:"

(Proverbs 8:27-28) "When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a CIRCLE ON the face of the deep, When He made firm the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed,

"Circle" = "chuwg" Strong's Hebrew Definition # 02329... 1) circle, circuit, compass.

The Problem ... (Isaiah 22:18) "He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a BALL into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord's house."

"Ball" = "Duwr" Strong's Hebrew # 01754... 1. Ball 2. Ball, Circle.

If God, through Isaiah... wanted to tell you the Earth was a BALL "Sphere", he would have simply SAID SO... ("duwr").  

And, how can you "Inscribe" a "Sphere" ON anything, pray tell??

"Face of the (whole) Earth" is used 35 Times in Scripture; can you show us the Face of a Sphere...?

(Job 38:4-7) "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. {5} Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? {6} Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; {7} When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

How can you "STRETCH THE LINE" on a " Curved " Foundation?

The ISV just comes out and 'Plane-ly" says it...

(Isaiah 40-22 ISV) "He's the one who sits above the disk of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers. He's the one who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in".

Non-Spinning "Immovable":

(1 Chronicles 16:30) "Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be NOT-MOVED."

(Psalms 93:1) "The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it CANNOT BE MOVED."

(Psalms 96:10) "Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall NOT BE MOVED: he shall judge the people righteously."

(Joshua 10:12) "Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon."  

If it was the Earth that was moving, Why didn't Joshua say: "EARTH STAND STILL" ??

DOMED:

(Genesis 1:6) "And God said, Let there be a FIRMAMENT in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters." (Genesis 1:7) "And God made the FIRMAMENT, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so." (Genesis 1:8) "And God called the FIRMAMENT Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."
(Genesis 1:14) " And God said, Let there be lights IN the FIRMAMENT of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:"

Firmament = Strong's # 07549   //  eyqr  //  raqiya`   //  raw-kee'-ah  //  

from   07554  ; TWOT - 2217a; n m 

AV - firmament 17; 17 
1) extended surface (solid), expanse, firmament 
1a) expanse (flat as base, support

1b) firmament (of vault of heaven supporting waters above) 

1b1) considered by Hebrews as  "solid" and supporting 'waters' above.

Brown-Driver-Briggs:
רָקִיעַ noun masculineGenesis 1:6 extended surface(solid) expanse (as if beaten out; compare Job 37:18); — absolute ׳ר Ezekiel 1:22 +, construct ׳רְ Genesis 1:14 +; —ᵐ5 στερέωμαᵑ9 firmamentum, compare Syriac below √above; —
1 (flat) expanse (as if of ice, compare כְּעֵין הַקֶּרַח), as base, support (WklAltor. Forsch. iv. 347Ezekiel 1:22,23,25(gloss ? compare Co Toy), Ezekiel 1:26 (supporting ׳י's throne). Hence (CoEzekiel 1:22)
2 the vault of heaven, or 'firmament,' regarded by Hebrews as solid, and supporting 'waters' above it.

Dr. Michael S. Heiser (Renowned Bible Scholar)...

"The issue is how “literal creationists” are actually only selective literalists (or, as I would call them, “inconsistent literalists”). If one was truly consistent in interpreting the creation description in Genesis 1 at face value (along with other creation descriptions in both testaments), you’d come out with a round, flat earth, complete with solid dome over the earth, and earth supported by pillars, with Sheol underneath, etc.  But creationists who claim the literal mantel don’t do that, since the results are clearly non-scientific. My view, as readers know, is that we ought to simply let the text say what it says, and let it be what it is. It was God’s choice to prompt people living millennia ago to produce this thing we call the Bible, and so we dishonor it when we impose our own interpretive context on it. Our modern evangelical contexts are alien to the Bible. Frankly, any context other than the context in which the biblical writers were moved to write is foreign to the Bible.  So, who’s the literalist now?"  

http://drmsh.com/interpreting-genesis-1-literalist/

There's some very interesting and deep scientific studies that can be done in the Book of Job, such as; the pillars of the earth, the corner stone of the earth

How can you have "Pillars" and a "Cornerstone" on a Sphere?

regards

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

Why'd they think that?

What if the entire plane was encircled with ice beyond which it was too inhospitable to go

How can you have "Pillars" and a "Cornerstone" on a Sphere?

regards

Kindly don't try to derail Zorgblar's thread into another flat earth mess.  The topic is NOT your flat earth theory.  Maybe you could answer his questions?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

30 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Kindly don't try to derail Zorgblar's thread into another flat earth mess. 

I'm not derailing; he commented, he needs to SUPPORT those comments.   It's just that simple.

Thanks for your concern.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, zorgblar said:

But keep studying about soul sleep.  

This might help:   Search for ten or twenty years, in every language including the original languages,

for the phrase or word "soul sleep"  IN SCRIPTURE. 

hint:  Or, to save yourself decade(s) of wasted time,  simply realize the word or phrase "soul sleep" is not found in Scripture.  It was made up, and all the associated doctrines (for the most part) that are dragged along with it were made up also.  (to keep people from finding the kingdom of heaven).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Please let's stick to the topic.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

15 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Kindly don't try to derail Zorgblar's thread into another flat earth mess.  The topic is NOT your flat earth theory.  Maybe you could answer his questions?

Agreed MG. The "Flat Earth" stuff is nonsense anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
On 11/20/2017 at 2:06 PM, zorgblar said:

Do Job 17:11-16 and isaiah 14:9-11 look kind of the same?Or am i reading into it to much?:(

I noticed that the book of Job came before the book of Isaiah.So even in job's day they believed in the stuff like in Isaiah?:(I am not sure.:(

That's because the books of Job and Isaiah have the same author (God).  You will find much of the same theological material in many of the books of the Bible even though the human writers lived hundreds of years apart and on different continents, never read each other's material and never knew each other personally.

What you are discovering if you see similarities from one book to the other is the amazing unity of the Word of God, which points to a single author.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Yes i am frgoad.And the problem is i keep going back from soul sleep and no soul sleep.I just can't make up my mind.:(

Gen 3:4-5 You will not surely die...For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil

The of the immortal soul and reincarnation convey the same idea - that man is inherently immortal - that he won't really die.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, zorgblar said:

I will continue being methodist.But keep studying about soul sleep.  

I'm a little dense and maybe not understanding your soul sleep question? 

2Co 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Is this the kind of soul sleep you're referring to??