Jump to content
Quasar93

What is the Day of the Lord?

Recommended Posts

Diaste

Rev 1:1 - The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. v.9 - I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and his testimony of Jesus.  Write on a scroll what you see and send it (all in John's present time) to the (existing) seven churches in Asia...

Most Churches of today have a mixture of what was written to the Seven Churches.  We should learn from this.

Rev 4:1 - After this I looked up and here before me was a door standing open in heaven.... v.2 Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this. (a future time of what was given in the first 3 chapters)

It does not say before or during this time of the seven letters to the seven Churches; It says what must take place after this. Future from the Seven Churches. Future from Us.  For we are all made up (a mixture) of what was described to the seven Churches.  So now After is After.  A glimpse into heaven and what will take place in the future.  Rev. 4:10 - The 24 elders lay their crowns before the Throne.  We as Believers will be given Rewards and/or Crowns.  You must answer the question of who these elders are or represent?  1 Tim 5:17 - The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor.  1 Peter 5:1 - To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's suffering and one who will also share in the glory to be revealed. (Past Tense). v. 4 - and when the Chief Sheppard appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

So when John who is now in the Spirit is up in Heaven he sees the 24 Elders with their crowns. v. 4 again says; when the Chief Sheppard appears, you will receive the crown of glory.  And all this before the Scroll is given to Christ to be opened, before the S, T and B judgments.  Go figure.

It looks like a Pre-Trib or Pre- 70th Week time to me.  Since the 24 Elders have already received their Crowns and our Crowns have already been given out to us, the Chief Sheppard has already appeared to us before the 70th Week.

In Christ

Montana Marv

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

Diaste

Rev 1:1 - The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. v.9 - I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and his testimony of Jesus.  Write on a scroll what you see and send it (all in John's present time) to the (existing) seven churches in Asia...

Most Churches of today have a mixture of what was written to the Seven Churches.  We should learn from this.

Rev 4:1 - After this I looked up and here before me was a door standing open in heaven.... v.2 Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this. (a future time of what was given in the first 3 chapters)

It does not say before or during this time of the seven letters to the seven Churches; It says what must take place after this. Future from the Seven Churches. Future from Us.  For we are all made up (a mixture) of what was described to the seven Churches.  So now After is After.  A glimpse into heaven and what will take place in the future.  Rev. 4:10 - The 24 elders lay their crowns before the Throne.  We as Believers will be given Rewards and/or Crowns.  You must answer the question of who these elders are or represent?  1 Tim 5:17 - The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor.  1 Peter 5:1 - To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's suffering and one who will also share in the glory to be revealed. (Past Tense). v. 4 - and when the Chief Sheppard appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

So when John who is now in the Spirit is up in Heaven he sees the 24 Elders with their crowns. v. 4 again says; when the Chief Sheppard appears, you will receive the crown of glory.  And all this before the Scroll is given to Christ to be opened, before the S, T and B judgments.  Go figure.

It looks like a Pre-Trib or Pre- 70th Week time to me.  Since the 24 Elders have already received their Crowns and our Crowns have already been given out to us, the Chief Sheppard has already appeared to us before the 70th Week.

In Christ

Montana Marv

But one must take into account all that is written. There is a great deal of truth in Rev 2 and 3 that is missed, such as the themes contained in every letter to each church. If Rev 2 and 3 is the church, as we all know it is, and if that same church is taken before ch 4, then a lot of prophecy in Rev 2 and 3 would be unfulfilled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

You say the church won't be here and this is only for the Jews. Well, you're wrong. The hour of temptation is going to try the WORLD."

 

Those who belong to the Lord, both dead and alive, today will be made immortal just before the tribulation begins

Those who become believes during the tribulation is a different matter and these will either be killed or remain until the end

Those killed in the tribulation will be made immortal at the end of the period

Those who are alive will enter and populate His millennial kingdom upon the earth as mortals

 

Let's just say the Church (made up of believing Jews and Gentiles) are taken...then that leaves both unbelieving Jews and unbelieving Gentiles, hence 'the world'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2017 at 6:41 PM, missmuffet said:

You do realize the words "Holy Trinity" and rapture do not appear in the Bible but that is what the Bible teaches.

In the Greek 'Harpazo'. In the Latin Bible and Latin Vulgate 'raptus' = Rapture. So yes, Rapture is in the Bible. Don't mean to be picky...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

You say the church won't be here and this is only for the Jews. Well, you're wrong. The hour of temptation is going to try the WORLD."

 

Those who belong to the Lord, both dead and alive, today will be made immortal just before the tribulation begins

Those who become believes during the tribulation is a different matter and these will either be killed or remain until the end

Those killed in the tribulation will be made immortal at the end of the period

Those who are alive will enter and populate His millennial kingdom upon the earth as mortals

 

Ok. Some questions if you don't mind?

Why must there be a Pretrib catching away?

Is the church that's taken the same as the church in Rev 2-3?

How are believers converted in the tribulation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2017 at 6:41 PM, missmuffet said:

You do realize the words "Holy Trinity" and rapture do not appear in the Bible but that is what the Bible teaches.

In the Greek 'Harpazo'. In the Latin Bible and Latin Vulgate 'raptus' = Rapture. So yes, Rapture is in the Bible. Don't mean to be picky...

I'm not 100% certain, but I tend to agree with Quasar93. I think the tribulation can be divided into three periods also. The wrath of man, the wrath of Satan and the wrath of God. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Diaste

Rev 1:1 - The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. v.9 - I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and his testimony of Jesus.  Write on a scroll what you see and send it (all in John's present time) to the (existing) seven churches in Asia...

Most Churches of today have a mixture of what was written to the Seven Churches.  We should learn from this.

Rev 4:1 - After this I looked up and here before me was a door standing open in heaven.... v.2 Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this. (a future time of what was given in the first 3 chapters)

It does not say before or during this time of the seven letters to the seven Churches; It says what must take place after this. Future from the Seven Churches. Future from Us.  For we are all made up (a mixture) of what was described to the seven Churches.  So now After is After.  A glimpse into heaven and what will take place in the future.  Rev. 4:10 - The 24 elders lay their crowns before the Throne.  We as Believers will be given Rewards and/or Crowns.  You must answer the question of who these elders are or represent?  1 Tim 5:17 - The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor.  1 Peter 5:1 - To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ's suffering and one who will also share in the glory to be revealed. (Past Tense). v. 4 - and when the Chief Sheppard appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

So when John who is now in the Spirit is up in Heaven he sees the 24 Elders with their crowns. v. 4 again says; when the Chief Sheppard appears, you will receive the crown of glory.  And all this before the Scroll is given to Christ to be opened, before the S, T and B judgments.  Go figure.

It looks like a Pre-Trib or Pre- 70th Week time to me.  Since the 24 Elders have already received their Crowns and our Crowns have already been given out to us, the Chief Sheppard has already appeared to us before the 70th Week.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I don't know if I must answer the question. I have thought about the stunning picture of the throne room but it's never come up to question the identity of the elders. 

Rev 1:20

20 The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels[e] of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

So it's not possible the elders represent the church when it's clear the the lampstands ARE the 7 churches. In other words, the lampstands and not the elders are the churches. 

Rev 2:1

These are the words of him who holds the seven stars in his right handand walks among the seven golden lampstands. 

I would think that if scripture was to portray the elders as representative of the churches, this would have been a good spot to do so. But we are told Jesus walks among the lampstands, not elders, which lampstands are the church. 

Or did you mean to say the lampstands represent the elders too?

Rev 2:5

Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

How would it be possible that these people could have their lampstand removed from its place? This is the pretrib church, is it not? Why the call to repent? How would that be needed when the pretrib rapture for the church is assured? I have always heard all believers are taken in the pretrib rapture and only the unbelieving are left behind, to be converted somehow. Not only that by Jesus says, "...I will COME to you and REMOVE your lampstand..." That does not sound like assurance of a pretrib rapture for all believers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

In the Greek 'Harpazo'. In the Latin Bible and Latin Vulgate 'raptus' = Rapture. So yes, Rapture is in the Bible. Don't mean to be picky...

Yes, those Greek and Latin works are in the Greek and Latin Bibles for rapture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

In the Greek 'Harpazo'. In the Latin Bible and Latin Vulgate 'raptus' = Rapture. So yes, Rapture is in the Bible. Don't mean to be picky...

I'm not 100% certain, but I tend to agree with Quasar93. I think the tribulation can be divided into three periods also. The wrath of man, the wrath of Satan and the wrath of God. 

That makes sense to me as well. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, Unfailing Presence said:

In addition the bible consistently refers to the " Day Of The Lord "  as the day the  Lord  , in person,  proactively executes  judgement & destruction upon all His enemies on earth .

That would most definitely include Satan's antichrist , his minions , and all other tribulation personal

There would be no tribulation going on .  Not  for even single day , post Day of The Lord , let alone for years since all Satan's people will have been vanquished .

There will be no enemies of the Lord around to run a tribulation when they Day of the Lord destroys them .

                                                 " Behold , the DAY OF THE LORD  cometh cruel both with wrath and fierce anger to lay the land desolate,

                                                     and He shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it . "

                                                      ( Isaiah 13 : 9 )

Jesus Christ is the one who will do this .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×