• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 minutes ago, inchrist said:

That is impossible because the two or three witnesses are the Law; prophets and psalms

If they are all off; then we can't trust the bible.

We don't just test the Greek word; we test phraseology, context; supporting scriptures and and and, in fact one should not leave any stone un-turned....test all things which the scripture, commands us to do.

I would hope we are all living to that.

The very reason why I reject the immortal soul doctrine.

All my hope; not 40% or 70% or 99.999% but a 100% of my hope rests in the solid biblical foundation of the doctrine of the resurrection.

1 Peter 1:3

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me" (Job 19:25-27).

Paul confirms that without the resurrection, there would be no hope:

"And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable" (I Corinthians 15:17-19).

I don't need the immortal soul doctrine, because none of my hope is in it.

That is impossible because the two or three witnesses are the Law; prophets and psalms

If they are all off; then we can't trust the bible.

Say what .     I see false prophets all the time claiming to be witnesses and their other false prophets say this is so.  UH YEAH they sure can be off.

in fact in all times , and specially nigh the end,   deception will be massive.    REPONDER that one .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Say what .     I see false prophets all the time claiming to be witnesses and their other false prophets say this is so.  UH YEAH they sure can be off.

in fact in all times , and specially nigh the end,   deception will be massive.    REPONDER that one .

No; when I stated prophets I was referring to the ones in the bible.

Which leads me to understand your new to all of this. At the very least these types of discussions.

26 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And that is precisely what I am talking about .     IF JESUS speaks of a place of torment AFTER DEATH , THEN THAT MEANS souls will be tormented AFTER death

Yes at the resurrection...I would imagine a lot of sinners will be in torment hearing their judgment 

• Group:  Mars Hill

Just now, inchrist said:

No; when I stated prophets I was referring to the ones in the bible.

Which leads me to understand your new to all of this. At the very least these types of discussions.

Oh well the ones n the bible for sure are good examples.   

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Oh well the ones n the bible for sure are good examples.   

That's why the two or three witnesses are impeachable 

Just now, inchrist said:

Yes at the resurrection...I would imagine a lot of sinners will be in torment hearing their judgment 

OH very true , and specially when they are cast alive and tormented .

You learned this teaching from men.   I think I have heard it .    They cant imagine GOD , since HE is love being able to do such a thing.

Lets not be the JUDGE of what GOD DOES.    Rather let us just warn men to repent and believe the gospel so as they can escape such place. 

I have no plans to add to or take from that book.    That is why I leave certain things alone .   My advice you should do the same. 

• Loved it! 1

3 minutes ago, inchrist said:

That's why the two or three witnesses are impeachable 

The true examples of faithful witnesses n the bible , YEAH they are impeachable.    as for men, they get the test . 

and if they teach contrary to JESUS , THEYS IMPEACHED .    ROME GOT A MAJOR FOOTHOLD by preaching things like that pope is infallible and thus

I dare say impeachable .     But I think we both know that system has more holes than swiss cheese and all who go under it or any like it

keep falling through all them holes .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus told the thief on the cross beside Him (today you will be with me in paradise). Maybe it could be literal, or maybe it could be that the thief's next conscience awareness would be paradise. I really don't know or can't say for sure, but I do believe everything will be ok for believers in the Almighty, and His Son Jesus.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

conscious awareness

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

On 1/22/2018 at 2:57 AM, inchrist said:

For me it's about tangibility. There hasn't been a single verse brought forth that has shown tangible evidence of immortal souls.

Either the words like "bring" have been added in; the issues of a comma which the Greek text never uses. Replacing resurrection  with immortal soul doctrine with Paul teachings.

I appreciate the conversation and the manner in which youve done it.....but there is no tangibility and that is frustration.

Hey inchrist,

The last thing I wanted to do was bring about frustration, that is why I chose to step away from the conversation when I did.  If either of us gets frustrated, then things get tense, and often it leads to getting personal.  This is something I never want to be drawn into again (as I have allowed myself to do in the past), because I truly want to let the Lord speak through me, rather than allowing myself to respond in the flesh.

Now I spent a lot of time in prayer about this matter, specifically in regards to you and any others who are confused about this whole soul sleep business.  It took some time, but the Lord has led me to something I want to share with you, and I do hope you will consider what the scripture says.  Specifically I want to revisit something we have spoken about in the past, which is the matter of what Paul wrote in regards to being clothed.

Your position has been that the body we inhabit is this clothing, and mine has been that this is not the case, that what Paul is speaking about is the Holy Spirit.

II Corinthians 5  For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3 if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

6 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

So this is the passage in question, and this is to me the tangible evidence that supports my position.

Luke 24:44 Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47 and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

It has never been the body that makes one clothed, it has always been the Holy Spirit, our guarantee.  Now if the apostles were clothed with the Holy Spirit as stated by Jesus, this is the case for all who are born again.  Not naked, clothed with power from on high.

God bless