• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

It is rather very simple, so simple people ignore it because they believe it is a deep mystery that has to take a lot of research to know.  I am not saying I know what time the rapture will occur, just that it is not before the tribulation.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Notice, it says the last trumpet.  This is backed up with 1 Thessalonians 15-18

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.  Therefore comfort one another with these words.

The Rapture will take place at the last trumpet.  Nowhere is scripture do we read that there will be a trumpet from God being blown before the tribulation when it comes to scripture pointing to being caught up to be with the Lord.

1 Cor.15 is primarily Paul's teachings about the resurrection, ending with what kind of bodies we will have at that time.  Verses 51 through 54 refer mostly to the resurrection but also have rapture implications as well.  Such as, "we shall not all sleep," that is seen also in 1 Thess.4:15.  Reference to the "last trumpet" [of God], is specific reference to the resurrection, not to the rapture, where the sounding of God's trumpet is seen again, but is not the LAST trump of God, in 1 Thess.4:16.

I have already provided you Scriptural proof of the rapture of the Church and the trump of God in 1 Thes.4:16, that will come even years before the last trump of God at the first resurrection.  As well as one in between, at Jesus second coming in Zech.9:14.  Please tell me what a rapture would possibly serve at Jesus second coming?  Show me where you find any Scripture whatever, that has anyone meeting Jesus in the air.

Quasar93 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, Quasar93 said:

I have provided you Scripturl proof the rapture will take place before the tribulation begins, in several places.  Speciically in the translation history of 2 Thess.2:3, confirmed in verses 7-8.  I have also provided you data pertaining to three trumpet soundings by God  One at the time Christ comes for the Church, in 1 Thess.4:16 and seven years later, when He sounds it again in Zech.9:14, in His second coming to the earth WITH HIS CHURCH from their marriage in heaven, recorded in Rev.19:7-8 and 14, confirming Zech.14:4-5.

Quasar93

I'm not saying you didn't tell us you interpretation of scripture pertaining to the rapture.  I am saying that you have failed to give me scripture that the last trumpet happens before the tribulation. 

The reason why I don't usually post in threads about the last days, prophecy and the rapture is because everyone who claims to know, everyone who claims they understand, and everyone who takes a pre-mid-pre wrath - post stance do so by sifting through scripture and binding what they find here to what they find there in order to come up with a conclusion.  I did this for many years until I realize I was taking scripture out of context in order to prove one thing or another.  Now I take scripture as it is written. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Quasar93 said:

1 Cor.15 is primarily Paul's teachings about the resurrection, ending with what kind of bodies we will have at that time.  Verses 51 through 54 refer mostly to the resurrection but also have rapture implications as well.  Such as, "we shall not all sleep," that is seen also in 1 Thess.4:15.  Reference to the "last trumpet" [of God], is specific reference to the resurrection, not to the rapture, where the sounding of God's trumpet is seen again, but is not the LAST trump of God, in 1 Thess.4:16.

I have already provided you Scriptural proof of the rapture of the Church and the trump of God in 1 Thes.4:16, that will come even years before the last trump of God at the first resurrection.  As well as one in between, at Jesus second coming in Zech.9:14.  Please tell me what a rapture would possibly serve at Jesus second coming?  Show me where you find any Scripture whatever, that has anyone meeting Jesus in the air.

Quasar93 

Do you really think there will be two raptures?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

Even more specifically, read Zechariah 9.

Then the Lord will appear over them,
And His arrow will go forth like lightning;
And the Lord God will blow the trumpet,
And will march in the storm winds of the south.  Zechariah 9:14

Is this the trumpet of God?  When does this take place?  Is there one that comes later, or is this the last?

Jesus Christ is blowing this trumpet, not God the Father calling us up.

In Christ

Montana Marv

26 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Do you really think there will be two raptures?

There is nothing I have posted that provide any other rapture of the Church except the one that will take place before the tribulation begins, according to the Scriptures I have previously provided for you.  I'm still waiting for you to provide Scripture proving your claim that the rapture will take place at the second coming of Jesus.  I have already shown you the Scriptures that refer to the Church returning from the marriage to the Lamb/Jesus, in heaven, WITH Jesus, when He returns in His second coming.  Obviously, from the Scriptures, there is no possibility for a rapture of the Church at Jesus second coming.

Quasar93

44 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I'm not saying you didn't tell us you interpretation of scripture pertaining to the rapture.  I am saying that you have failed to give me scripture that the last trumpet happens before the tribulation. 

The reason why I don't usually post in threads about the last days, prophecy and the rapture is because everyone who claims to know, everyone who claims they understand, and everyone who takes a pre-mid-pre wrath - post stance do so by sifting through scripture and binding what they find here to what they find there in order to come up with a conclusion.  I did this for many years until I realize I was taking scripture out of context in order to prove one thing or another.  Now I take scripture as it is written. 

My post responded to pertaining to the sequence of the trump of God, was not a "failure." A repeated:

>>>

I have already provided you Scriptural proof of the rapture of the Church and the trump of God in 1 Thes.4:16, that will come even years before the last trump of God at the first resurrection.  As well as one in between, at Jesus second coming in Zech.9:14.  Please tell me what a rapture would possibly serve at Jesus second coming?  Show me where you find any Scripture whatever, that has anyone meeting Jesus in the air.<<<

As I said before, 1 Cor.15, is primarily the teaching about the resurrection, while the teaching in 1st and 2nd Thess. is about the rapture of the Church.  I have provided you with a preponderance of Scriptural proof, the pre-trib rapture position is the only one that is taught in the Scriptures.

I  am a qualified teacher of the Scriptures, having earned them from three different Bible Colleges, with my service in the USAAF Air Corp during WWII in between.  In addition, I have been participating on Christian discussion forums over the past 20 years.  I posted a listing of esteemed men o God, from every walk of Christin teachings who fully endorse the pre-trib rapture o the Church, and mirror the view of it I present, with a ingle mind.

Quasar93

58 minutes ago, Montana Marv said:

Jesus Christ is blowing this trumpet, not God the Father calling us up.

In Christ

Montana Marv

The prophecy in Zech.9 pertains to Jesus second coming when a trump of God will sound.

Quasar93

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Sorry.  The references used are like the same references once used by the religious leaders who crucified Jesus,  and references used by world and religious leaders today seeking to kill the followers of Jesus.

So they don't qualify someone to be called a "qualified teacher" of anything, especially not of Scripture.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

"Is this the trumpet of God?  When does this take place?  Is there one that comes later, or is this the last?"

There are several .... and this one that you note is not the last one

Here is the last one just after the tribulation period specifically for the elect of Israel [Matthew 24:29-31] 

This action will be for the believing mortals of Israel who will be gathered and they will enter and populate the Lord's millennial kingdom upon the earth as mortals

2 hours ago, Quasar93 said:

There is nothing I have posted that provide any other rapture of the Church except the one that will take place before the tribulation begins, according to the Scriptures I have previously provided for you.  I'm still waiting for you to provide Scripture proving your claim that the rapture will take place at the second coming of Jesus.  I have already shown you the Scriptures that refer to the Church returning from the marriage to the Lamb/Jesus, in heaven, WITH Jesus, when He returns in His second coming.  Obviously, from the Scriptures, there is no possibility for a rapture of the Church at Jesus second coming.

Quasar93

You must have the wrong member in mind.  I never said I was a follower of post trib belief.  Be careful not to read into my statements as I said, and still say, it will be at the last trumpet.  The rapture will happen somewhere during the tribulation.  When, I don't know, just that it will be at the last trumpet.

I can see in another reply to me that you do not believe that these two , almost 100% identical verses are not speaking of the same event.  That would preclude that you believe there are two comings of Christ, one for His church and one before the Millennium.   Here are you own words:

As I said before, 1 Cor.15, is primarily the teaching about the resurrection, while the teaching in 1st and 2nd Thess. is about the rapture of the Church.  I have provided you with a preponderance of Scriptural proof, the pre-trib rapture position is the only one that is taught in the Scriptures.

Now, once again, here are the two passages I addressed all along.  I will denote the parts that are the same.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Notice, it says the last trumpet.  This is backed up with 1 Thessalonians 15-18

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.  Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Take a real close look, not through the lenses of any timing, but at the scripture itself for scripture will back up scripture.  There two passages back each other up.

How can it be that there will be two groups who sleep?  How many times must a trumpet sound to gather His people?  How many times must the corruptible must put on incorruption, and the mortal put on immortality?  Can the corruptible be with the Lord?

• Thumbs Up 1