• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

It is true that the tribulation period begins here [Revelation 6:12-17]

But you both interpret Revelation 6:1-11 incorrectly

This is a prelude to the beginning of the coming tribulation period .... a pretext to the 70th week decreed for Israel

This pretext is repeated with detail in Revelation 6:12-17 and beyond

Revelation 6:1-11 is an overview of what is coming and Jesus is the white horse rider   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,042
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

Wow! What did these people SEE?  They saw and felt a great earthquake. They knew what Isaiah had written:
Isa 2:

10 Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty.

11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.

12 For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.

19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Now, what else did they see? They saw the sun turn dark, and the moon into blood.

Joel 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

And the Day of the Lord (Gods Wrath) lasts 3.5 years so of course all of THESE THINGS happen during the DOTL.

As does the Sun, Moon and Stars even. They all happen IN THE Day of the Lord. 

The Bible in Joel 2:31 uses a word that means FACE or IN THE PRESENCE OF.........Which means these things happen DURING the DOTL, not BEFORE the DOTL comes, that why we have to research the English Translations. It means these things happen in the presence of the DOTL.

What happens soon after at the first trumpet judgment?

Rev 8:The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

I wonder, will the people living then know what Joel wrote?

Joel 1:

15 Alas for the day! for the day of the Lord is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

18 How do the beasts groan! the herds of cattle are perplexed, because they have no pasture; yea, the flocks of sheep are made desolate.

19 O Lord, to thee will I cry: for the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness, and the flame hath burned all the trees of the field.

20 The beasts of the field cry also unto thee: for the rivers of waters are dried up, and the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness.

Then we have this verse: Isaiah 13

Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

A beginning reader could tell us that the trumpet judgments are doing exactly that: laying the land desolate.

What does all this mean? It means those people were right: the Day of the Lord or the Day of His wrath starts with the great earthquake at the 6th seal.  What did Paul tell us? The Sudden destruction is the start of the Day of the Lord, and it is triggered by the rapture of the church. And the sudden destruction is the start of God's wrath. Those living in the light of the gospel get caught up and are saved from this sudden destruction. 

Therefore, I DO understand. It seems you don't.

You understand NOTHING or else you wouldn't have wasted your time with the above which proves nothing. Then again, I take no one serious who thinks the Seals have already been opened anyway.

The FIRST SEAL brings forth Gods Wrath via the Anti-Christ who takes Peace from the earth via WARS !

Now I know you are missing the truth and teaching the ideas of man! You are pulling the first seal out of its 32 AD context. It is clear you have little understanding of John's (and the Holy Spirit's) timing. If I were you, I would go back to chapters 4 & 5 and hang out there until you get it. WHEN did Jesus ascend into heaven? 32 AD.  Sorry, but you are 2000 years off in your understanding.  The second horseman on the red horse, the 2nd seal, also opened around 32 AD was to bring the sword, or WAR to the world - but ONLY to 1/4 of the world centered on Jerusalem. Where was the first and second world war started? Right in that 1/4th! WAKE UP! Where did the black plague hit twice, both times killing about one third of the population? Again in Europe, right in that 1/4th. That was seal 4 and the pale horse and rider at work. 

Where have there been so many people starving in our lifetime? Of course, in Africa - again right in that 1/4th. 

You see, these are CHURCH AGE events - just as Jesus Himself said, "the end is not yet."  Where is your understanding?

Also opened in or around 32 AD: the fifth seal for the martyrs of the church age. It had to be opened then, for Stephen was one of the first. And Saul was adding to that number. They had NO IDEA how long it would be until judgment would come - so they asked God. The answer? They would have to wait until ALL church age martyrs were killed. In other words, they must wait for the rapture of the church to end the church age, and bring in the Day of the Lord. Where is your understanding?

Another proof you have missed it big time? If you imagine the seals are God's wrath, then God must have been very angry at HIS OWN, and caused them to be martyred!  How silly is that? God LOVES his own, and it was the devil who martyred Stephen and all the rest. God is not a murderer. The Devil is. 

If I were you, I could chuck your entire end times theory into file 13 and start over. Seals 1-5 were opened around 32 AD, as soon as Jesus ascended back into the throne room and got the book from the Father. That is what is written - if you refuse to add man's imaginations.

It is apparent that you don't believe Joel: the sun must turn dark, and the moon into blood BEFORE the Day begins. Did you miss that "before?"

You might as well move on fellow, I do not even waste my time on people who think the Seals have already been opened, if that is your opinion. more power to you, but I take no part in it nor do I even desire to discuss such issues, to me they are way out in left field. 

22 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

It is true that the tribulation period begins here [Revelation 6:12-17]

But you both interpret Revelation 6:1-11 incorrectly

This is a prelude to the beginning of the coming tribulation period .... a pretext to the 70th week decreed for Israel

This pretext is repeated with detail in Revelation 6:12-17 and beyond

Revelation 6:1-11 is an overview of what is coming and Jesus is the white horse rider   

Tribulation = TROUBLES...........The Jews are Conquered by the Anti-Christ who then becomes a BEAST via the First Seal. 

Nothing starts in the middle, the DOTL starts with the First Seal being opened, of course iamlamad believes the First Seal was opened 2000 years ago so that's just something not even up for discussion for me.

• Group:  Diamond Member

Again, the seals are a summary prelude to describe the coming tribulation period

Revelation is not complicated

The 5 seals are a composite view of the coming tribulation period which will take place as noted from Revelation 8 through 19 including the battle of Armageddon at the end

Then just after, the Lord will gather all of those alive upon the earth and separate them: Israel [Matthew 24:29-31 ]; The Gentiles [Matthew 25:31-46]

It is just that simple

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Revelation Man said:

And the Day of the Lord (Gods Wrath) lasts 3.5 years so of course all of THESE THINGS happen during the DOTL.

The Bible in Joel 2:31 uses a word that means FACE or IN THE PRESENCE OF.........Which means these things happen DURING the DOTL, not BEFORE the DOTL comes, that why we have to research the English Translations. It means these things happen in the presence of the DOTL.

You understand NOTHING or else you wouldn't have wasted your time with the above which proves nothing. Then again, I take no one serious who thinks the Seals have already been opened anyway.

You might as well move on fellow, I do not even waste my time on people who think the Seals have already been opened, if that is your opinion. more power to you, but I take no part in it nor do I even desire to discuss such issues, to me they are way out in left field. 

Tribulation = TROUBLES...........The Jews are Conquered by the Anti-Christ who then becomes a BEAST via the First Seal. 

Nothing starts in the middle, the DOTL starts with the First Seal being opened, of course iamlamad believes the First Seal was opened 2000 years ago so that's just something not even up for discussion for me.

And the Day of the Lord (Gods Wrath) lasts 3.5 years so of course all of THESE THINGS happen during the DOTL.

Sorry, but you are only showing us your ignorance of the Word of God. For example, Joel tells us the signs in the sun and moon, where the moon turns blood red, comes BEFORE the Day and as a SIGN of the day.  Well, you are partly right, for there will come yet another sign in the sun and moon that is total darkness - neither the sun or moon is producing or reflecting any light at all. And this comes just before the coming of Our Lord as seen in Rev. 19.  I cannot find one translation that does not use the word, "before." God would not do a sign during, but before and as a warning. 

It seems from the 6th seal scriptures that the sign in the sun and moon came at the same time as, or as the result of the earthquake. If this is true, then the Day would have to begin at least a moment later. Some say it begins with the 7th seal. I would not argue that point: it comes then because the earthquake and the signs in the sun and moon tell the people the DAY is imminent or has arrived. In other words, those people knew exactly what time it was by the signs God gave them. And there can be no doubt that the trumpet judgments that follow are a part of the Day of God's wrath, as He systematically begins to destroy the earth and the sinners in the earth. 

IT is amazing that the truth you leave in left field, and teach something else in its place. The Romans had a farming tool they called a tribulum. It applied PRESSURE on the wheat or other grain to crush out the kernel from the chaff. Tribulation means pressure. When pressure will be put upon people to accept the mark so they can buy water and food, while at the same time knowing that accepting the mark will cause them eternal fire - that is GREAT pressure or great tribulation. 

who then becomes a BEAST via the First Seal.  Only in your wild imagination! Why not just go by what it written instead of coming up with theories from imagination? The Beast arrives in chapter 13, just after the midpoint of the week in chapter 11. Those people who will be beheaded by the Beast during the days of great tribulation do not begin arriving in heaven until chapter 15! You are thousands of years off in your theory! 

Next, John used the color white 17 times in Revelation - and every other time was to represent righteousness. You imagine he used white just once out of 17 times to represent something evil. 

The truth is, there is NOTHING - not one word written about the first seal that even hints of evil. God shows us clearly what color he paints the devil and the Beast: it is fiery red! Yet you imagine God Himself would use the color white for the Antichrist. Amazing! 

not even up for discussion for me.   Again, simply amazing! It is SCRIPTURE! 

Rev. 5:

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

When? When did this take place? WHEN did Jesus get the book into His own hands?

John 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father:...

When did this take place? Obviously in Jesus lifetime, around 32 AD. Jesus ascended the moment Mary left. And John got to see the very moment He ascended into the throne room. You cannot find 2000 years in any verse there, or between any verse. It is not there and was never meant to be there. But you wish to ad lib 2000 years and insert it. Shame on you! Why not just throw your theories into the trash and go with what is written? Jesus opened the first seal as soon has He got the scroll or book into His hands. That is what scripture shows us and that is what happened. Jesus is WAITING on the 6th seal for the proper time.

Of course, you will just ignore scripture and go on with your imagination. 
Edited by iamlamad

I cannot find one translation that does not use the word, "before." God would not do a sign during, but before and as a warning. 

This is true

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

I cannot find one translation that does not use the word, "before." God would not do a sign during, but before and as a warning. 

This is true

Might need to study the Hebrew root words instead of always reading the English translation. Joel 2:31 BELOW:

2:31 The sun 8121 shall be turned 2015 z8735 into darkness, 2822 and the moon 3394 into blood, 1818 before 6440 the great 1419 and the terrible 3372 z8737 day 3117 ofYähwè יָהוֶה 3068 come. 935 z8800

#6440 פָּנִים paniym {paw-neem'} pl. (but always as sing.) of an unused noun פָּנֶה paneh {paw-neh'} from H6437; TWOT - 1782a; n m

—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) face 1a) face, faces 1b) presence, person 1c) face (of seraphim or cherubim) 1d) face (of animals) 1e) face, surface (of ground) 1f) as adv of loc/temp 1f1) before and behind (SEE...Before or BEHIND means in the PRESENCE OF), toward, in front of, forward, formerly, from beforetime, before 1g) with prep 1g1) in front of, before, to the front of, in the presence of, in the face of, at the face or front of, from the presence of, from before, from before the face of

—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)

AV - before 1137, face 390, presence 76,

—Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)

As we see this word can mean in the PRESENCE OF and thus the FACE also means in the PRESENCE of the FACE. As we also see via the English translations they get the understanding WRONG so we can change Joel 2:31 from BEFORE to in the PRESENCE of. Now of course we can read the English translation and take it as the gospel or we can research the facts of the true meaning. What dos it really mean? Does it mean the Day of the Lord is a Day of Darkness and Gloominess, or do these events in Joel 2:31 actually happen BEFORE the coming Day of the Lord? Well you know my research has proven that in MANY OTHER PLACES, the Day of the Lord is described as being DARK, and day that does not give ts LIGHT !! So which is it ? Is this event described in Joel 2:31 something that happens BEFORE the Day of Gods Wrath or DURING Gods Wrath ? Lets look at he FACTS......Which I did long ago, which is why I understand these truths. Lets see where the truth lies !! Even Joel 2:1-2 tells us its a DAY OF DARKNESS & GLOOMINESS !!

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand; 2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

Zephaniah 14:1 The great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. 15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, 16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. 18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lord's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

So here we see the Day of the Lord is Gods Wrath AND its a day of DARKNESS !!

Isaiah 13:9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. 10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light. 19 As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. 20 Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Notice in Malachi it makes sure to say BEFORE THE COMING.......Of the Day of the Lord. More words wee used on purpose via the Hebrew.

Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD.

Joel 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

The above verse means before their PRESENCE !! get it ? Same inference as verse 31.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So which is it? Well I have proven via scriptures, which is what I do, that the Day of the Lord is a day of DARKNESS !! Thus Joel 2:31 does not mean BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD COMES, it means in the Presence of the Day of the Lord. I could care less about men's translations, all I care about is what the Holy word of God really means !! Now lets LOOK at Joel 2:31 again, afresh, with the knowledge of the above scriptures in mind.

Joel 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before [In the presence of] the great and terrible day of the Lord come. 32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

So God pours His spirit out on the Jews after they REPENT, then God shows WONDERS in the Heavens.....then the Sun will be turned to darkness and the moon blood red IN THE [PRESENCE] Day of the Lord.  

The other verses I cited show that THE DAY OF THE LORD is a Day of Darkness, thus the Sun going Dark is a PART of the Day of the Lord !!

I am always right because I do my homework and seek the truth via prayer and study. 

"Might need to study the Hebrew root words instead of always reading the English translation"

One does not need to know Hebrew in order to understand the Lord's word son

Why would you make such a statement? 

I now believe that you are hiding behind this absurdity

Edited by Daniel 11:36
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"Might need to study the Hebrew root words instead of always reading the English translation"

One does not need to know Hebrew in order to understand the Lord's word son

Why would you make such a statement? 

I now believe that you are hiding behind this absurdity

Read the above and stop dodging the FACTS brother.  If you actually think ANY TRANSLATION is closer to the truth than the original written word then I got  some swamp land I want to sell you.  So you must be joking right ? 

MEN.......LIKE YOU AND ME.......Translated the bible into English, OLD ENGLISHE 400 years ago, we now have computers and  way of understanding things those MEN had no access to. The Lords word is the Lords Word, not what the TRANSLATORS WROTE PER SE, but what God wrote. You thinking the English translation is the actual word of God is off the deep end brother , the Word if God is ONLY EXACTLY what God meant by it, and as I have proven, which YOU CAN'T REBUT, the Day of the Lord is a day of DARKNESS !!

I study the root words all the time because I do not TRUST MEN !! I trust the ORIGINAL WORD OF God as written. 

You seem to be hiding from the above facts in the other post, creating MISDIRECTION with something that means nothing as per the conversation. The Day of the Lord is a period of DARKNESS isn't it brother, which means I was correct, and I always knew I was, because I do not say things I do not know the answer to, unlike many people. Research and prayer is our friend brother. 

The Sun, Moon and the Stars Joel 2:31 EVENT happens during the Day of the Lord because the Day of the Lord starts with the OPENING of the First Seal. 

Amen, God bless.

"Read the above and stop dodging the FACTS brother.  If you actually think ANY TRANSLATION is closer to the truth than the original written word then I got  some swamp land I want to sell you.  So you must be joking right"

Your Biblical interpretations are corrupted son

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  401
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

Might need to study the Hebrew root words instead of always reading the English translation. Joel 2:31 BELOW:

2:31 The sun 8121 shall be turned 2015 z8735 into darkness, 2822 and the moon 3394 into blood, 1818 before 6440 the great 1419 and the terrible 3372 z8737 day 3117 ofYähwè יָהוֶה 3068 come. 935 z8800

#6440 פָּנִים paniym {paw-neem'} pl. (but always as sing.) of an unused noun פָּנֶה paneh {paw-neh'} from H6437; TWOT - 1782a; n m

—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) face 1a) face, faces 1b) presence, person 1c) face (of seraphim or cherubim) 1d) face (of animals) 1e) face, surface (of ground) 1f) as adv of loc/temp 1f1) before and behind (SEE...Before or BEHIND means in the PRESENCE OF), toward, in front of, forward, formerly, from beforetime, before 1g) with prep 1g1) in front of, before, to the front of, in the presence of, in the face of, at the face or front of, from the presence of, from before, from before the face of

—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)

AV - before 1137, face 390, presence 76,

—Exhaustive Concordance (KJV Translation Frequency & Location)

As we see this word can mean in the PRESENCE OF and thus the FACE also means in the PRESENCE of the FACE. As we also see via the English translations they get the understanding WRONG so we can change Joel 2:31 from BEFORE to in the PRESENCE of. Now of course we can read the English translation and take it as the gospel or we can research the facts of the true meaning. What dos it really mean? Does it mean the Day of the Lord is a Day of Darkness and Gloominess, or do these events in Joel 2:31 actually happen BEFORE the coming Day of the Lord? Well you know my research has proven that in MANY OTHER PLACES, the Day of the Lord is described as being DARK, and day that does not give ts LIGHT !! So which is it ? Is this event described in Joel 2:31 something that happens BEFORE the Day of Gods Wrath or DURING Gods Wrath ? Lets look at he FACTS......Which I did long ago, which is why I understand these truths. Lets see where the truth lies !! Even Joel 2:1-2 tells us its a DAY OF DARKNESS & GLOOMINESS !!

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand; 2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

Zephaniah 14:1 The great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. 15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, 16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. 18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lord's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

So here we see the Day of the Lord is Gods Wrath AND its a day of DARKNESS !!

Isaiah 13:9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. 10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light. 19 As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. 20 Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

Notice in Malachi it makes sure to say BEFORE THE COMING.......Of the Day of the Lord. More words wee used on purpose via the Hebrew.

Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD.

Joel 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

The above verse means before their PRESENCE !! get it ? Same inference as verse 31.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So which is it? Well I have proven via scriptures, which is what I do, that the Day of the Lord is a day of DARKNESS !! Thus Joel 2:31 does not mean BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD COMES, it means in the Presence of the Day of the Lord. I could care less about men's translations, all I care about is what the Holy word of God really means !! Now lets LOOK at Joel 2:31 again, afresh, with the knowledge of the above scriptures in mind.

Joel 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before [In the presence of] the great and terrible day of the Lord come. 32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

So God pours His spirit out on the Jews after they REPENT, then God shows WONDERS in the Heavens.....then the Sun will be turned to darkness and the moon blood red IN THE [PRESENCE] Day of the Lord.  

The other verses I cited show that THE DAY OF THE LORD is a Day of Darkness, thus the Sun going Dark is a PART of the Day of the Lord !!

I am always right because I do my homework and seek the truth via prayer and study. 

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

You're at it again Babel Man. You have been shown before (prior to now) that Peter's use of the Greek word "prin" for the Hebrew "paniym" when quoting Joel 2:31 fixes its meaning to be "prior to", not as you contend, "in the face of". In the face of that truth, all that you have before (prior to now) said, as quoted above, is foolishness. Your eschatological system falls when Joel 2:31 and Acts 2:20 are properly interpreted. I hesitate using the word "interpreted" because the statements are so explicit that all that needs to be done on our part is to believe what is said. Lets

Lets review for those who will read these comments.

RM's eschatological model depends upon the meaning of the Hebrew word "paniym" translated "before" in Joel 2:31 to mean before in the sense of location not in the sense of time. The Hebrew word is used over 2100 times in the OT and it can refer to either before in location or before in time. To say it another way, in the face of or prior to. How do we know which is the proper understanding of the word? It just so happens that Luke records the words of Peter in Acts 2 which provides for us a divine commentary on Joel's prophecy in the Greek language. It has been said that the Greeks had a word for that. Koine Greek had a word for "prior to", it is "prin".

Peter, on the day of Pentecost, quotes Joel in answer to the questions concerning what was happening. This quotation gives us a divine interpretation of the Hebrew word translated "before" in Joel 2:31.

Act 2:20  The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

It is the Greek word "prin" which is translated "before" in verse 20. "Prin" always means "prior to", never does it mean "in the face of." Therefore, Joel 2:31 says that prior to the day of the Lord there will be an identifiable cosmic sign.

Babel Man, what you are saying is that your interpretation of "before" is correct and that Peter's, Holy Spirit moved, quotation of it was in error, or that Luke's, Holy Spirit moved, recording of Peter's words was in error. So you are placing your interpretation above that of God, the Holy Spirit. Let God be true and every man a liar.

It is amazing the lengths of Scripture twisting that one will go to, to prop up an utterly unsupportable eschatological model.

All praise, honour, and glory be unto the Lamb