IGNORED

Insults

Guest PinkBelt

Guest PinkBelt
54 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Seriously?  Do you think that the mods just banned you from those threads because they had nothing better to do that day?  When you get banned from the majority of threads you post in, then, statistically, that would indicate that the problem is you, not other posters.  I have gotten banned from a few threads.  Not many, but a few.  And in almost every case, that banning was a valid result of bad behavior on my part.  An insult can be constituted from many forms.  You insult people repetitively.  You imply, constantly that anyone who attempts to defend sound doctrine and refute error with actual proof is doing so with some some kind of nefarious motives.  You continually mis-characterize what people say.  You continually accuse people of not having love.  You constantly call people "haters."  I could go on, but you should get the point.  These are not the behaviors of someone who has a love and concern for all believers that he is interacting with.  Sarcasm is great fun to utilize, but in reality, it has zero usefulness on a Christian forum.

Please stop derailing my thread with personal issues.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Willie T said:

I honestly wish you guys would show me these insults.  I have repeatedly asked to be shown what I said that was wrong, and thus far no one has not shown me one single thing.  There may be some, but I have seen nothing but refusal to tell me what I have done wrong.

I think the best way, is for the insulted party to send you the quotes in a private message, because Jesus says address the brother who has sinned against you in private, "If your brother or sister sins against you, go and point out their fault in private; just between the two of you, if they listen to you, then you have won your brother or sister back." (Matthew 18:15). Private messages allow us to obey this word from the Word of God himself.

• This is Worthy 1

10 minutes ago, Davida said:

Besides the fact that this comment above shows you obviously have not been witnessing the the attitude & insults in multiple threads that is not on a 1-1 basis,  it is directed to multiple posters in several threads. 

Do you have ought with me David? If so please PM me. It seems by your responses you have an offense with me.

20 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That prototype is only for use when someone has sinned against you in a private way.  This is a public forum and when the behavior is less-than-appropriate in a public setting the behavior has to be corrected in public.

That is true, on the other side of spectrum in Scripture is that Paul confronted Peter publicaly because he was offending the Gentiles (Galatians 2:11-13). However, if someone does say something that hurts you, you should PM them and have conversation that does not derail a thread. Sure you can do as Paul did, but in some cases you can both ammend your posts that had hurtful langauge spewed at each other, while leaving the debate still alive and the parts (paragraphs and sentences) remain posted, while the hurtful words are erased.

One must be Spirit led. In some cases, you must redress publicly, other times, a private conversation can help right misunderstandings.

• This is Worthy 1

Guest PinkBelt

I start a thread to discuss insults and Christians conduct towards others and it devolves into insults and arguments. It's like if I posted a thread on the importance of sexual purity and fidelity to ones spouse, then someone comes in and talks about hiring hookers.

Edited by PinkBelt

26 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

I start a thread to discuss insults and Christians conduct towards others and it devolves into insults and arguments. It's like if I posted a thread on the importance of sexual purity and fidelity to ones spouse, then someone comes in and talks about hiring hookers.

I am sorry that is happening.

We all here on Worthy need to remember, if you insult, persecute, or mistreat a brother or sister in Christ, you are doing this to Christ Himself (Matthew 25:31-46) and Jesus Christ lives in us who believe (Colossians 1:27, 1 John 4:15, 1 Corinthians 3:16, Hebrews 3:6).

We should love one another as Christ loved us (John 13:34-35).

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

Ultimately on a site like this, those reading this site will probably judge those posting individually on three main criteria, the content of our posts, how we express that content, and how we treat other people.  Then as various groups, we will all tend to be lumped together by the general level of discourse and how it is carried out.

In the long run, there are some types of behaviors that cost credibility and respect and there are some types of behavior that will gain credibility and respect.  In the long run, the better behaviors will open more doors for us for ministry than the poorer behaviors.  The ways in which we individually consistently conduct ourselves will go a long ways toward determining how effective we will be in ministry to others.

Those who often engage in insults or other personal attacks will lose credibility and respect.  I'd too say that those posters who seem to have a tendency (whether intentional or not) to goad and push people to snapping points (and then seem to have a gotcha attitude in reporting them) too lose credibility and respect.  There are a few threads where it seriously reminded me of a high school group of popular kids bullying the unpopular kid.  When it reaches that point, it frankly no longer matters who is right and who is wrong because the behavior has become so unChristlike that it causes more damage than being wrong about the topic under discussion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I believe this one has ran its course. Locked.

• Praise God! 1