• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Do I even have a family? There are many cousins on my father's side. I was close to them until my mother died in 2000. Then they stopped speaking to me for no real reason. The problem is most are Catholic with some (supposedly) Born Again Christians. When did God rescind what Jesus said about not being angry at a brother. He didn't. But these people have held a grudge 17 yrs. I don't even know why. 

There is 1 female cousin left on my mother's side and we grew up like she was a sister. I have no real siblings, so M is the closest thing I've had to a sister. M had 2 brothers who were like my brothers but they died and 1 was only 45. At least M texts me but yesterday we had a bit of a fight. M was raised Catholic but she fell away. 30 yrs ago her oldest brother brought a new age guru into our family and M married him. She seems to hate the Bible, Christianity, and maybe even God. But M is a flake and I'm not going to presume to know how God will deal with her. She won't tell me what she believes, nowadays, which makes me angry but I always forgive her. She really is a flake. She says she often sees the ghosts of our family although only for 5 to 10 seconds. However, she claims they speak to her in her dreams. She likes this. I wouldn't. She considers herself psychic, I guess she's a cherry-picking believer in psychic stuff.

To recap, on my father's side are 20+ cousins who are either devout Catholics or Born Again Christians yet they all hold a 17 yr grudge against me for trivial reasons. I've called them they won't call back. On my mother's side is 1 cousin who thinks the Bible is mythology but she stays in touch with me.

I sure wouldn't want to be God when we all die and He has to sort this out. He could just throw us all into hell that's the easy thing to do.

Thank you to anyone who read this.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,307
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

14 hours ago, JTC said:

Do I even have a family? There are many cousins on my father's side. I was close to them until my mother died in 2000. Then they stopped speaking to me for no real reason. The problem is most are Catholic with some (supposedly) Born Again Christians. When did God rescind what Jesus said about not being angry at a brother. He didn't. But these people have held a grudge 17 yrs. I don't even know why. 

There is 1 female cousin left on my mother's side and we grew up like she was a sister. I have no real siblings, so M is the closest thing I've had to a sister. M had 2 brothers who were like my brothers but they died and 1 was only 45. At least M texts me but yesterday we had a bit of a fight. M was raised Catholic but she fell away. 30 yrs ago her oldest brother brought a new age guru into our family and M married him. She seems to hate the Bible, Christianity, and maybe even God. But M is a flake and I'm not going to presume to know how God will deal with her. She won't tell me what she believes, nowadays, which makes me angry but I always forgive her. She really is a flake. She says she often sees the ghosts of our family although only for 5 to 10 seconds. However, she claims they speak to her in her dreams. She likes this. I wouldn't. She considers herself psychic, I guess she's a cherry-picking believer in psychic stuff.

To recap, on my father's side are 20+ cousins who are either devout Catholics or Born Again Christians yet they all hold a 17 yr grudge against me for trivial reasons. I've called them they won't call back. On my mother's side is 1 cousin who thinks the Bible is mythology but she stays in touch with me.

I sure wouldn't want to be God when we all die and He has to sort this out. He could just throw us all into hell that's the easy thing to do.

Well, JTC, I guess you just have to leave them all in God's hands.  Reach out as you can but try not to let them affect you badly.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

JTC, maybe, only maybe, the enemy is winding you up today so you cannot think about the stronghold of smoking that we posted about and hopefully made progress with. This might be the underlying understanding here. Maybe it is your family feelings that made you want to smoke in the first place and the enemy has done this to take back our progress. You see?

Not saying that what you said on this thread is wrong at all then. Maybe Jesus choose you out of all of those people as you are very loved, important and cherished by Him.

They are still your family though. 1 John 4:18 them (only the loves casts out fear bit - you are not being punished). Do it wisely though so you do not get hurt in the process.

Bless you Brother ☺

Edited by Sharky and George
Re worded

3 hours ago, Sharky and George said:

Maybe it is your family feelings that made you want to smoke in the first place

Anything that frustrates me a great deal makes me feel like smoking. For most of my life smoking seemed to calm me down or make me feel better. But that was before COPD. Now smoking robs me of breath. This is why it's so ridiculous that I keep doing it. One of my doc's gave me a sample of a nicotine puffer called Nicotrol. It's supposed to be something like an e-cig. I'm afraid to try it. The night I told you about, with the cheapo e-cig was very scary. I didn't go to the ER because it was 3 am Sunday morning. Where I am nothing would have been done at 3 am when the next day is a Sunday. They just would have watched me. So I sat home and on Monday called a lung doc. I saw him the next day and he gave me a new puffer. The bottom line is I need to quit smoking.

COPD sounds awful, I am sorry and you are right, you need to quit.

Understanding always cuts through problems like a hot knife through butter:

You are a Christian who can help other people to Christ and the enemy has given you problem that the enemy is also telling you can't be sorted so that problem stays.

This is in order to stop you loving other people lots, not just when you can.

You are not guilty btw, your sins are removed as far as East is from West as you are a Christian full stop.

How do I do attachments on Worthy Forums, so I can send you a picture of my e-cig?

Put in a way to make clear, not offend: what part of your body means that you are different from all of the other happy e-cig smokers and cannot use them successfully?

For some (dumb) reason I thought you were the George who owns these forums, but if you were you'd know how to do attachments. :th_frusty:  Nevertheless, I don't think you should put a pic of an e-cig on the forums. They may be better than regular cigs but they're still not good.

Ok I wont but it is a lesser of two evils in that case, the first is killing you Brother.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,307
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

8 hours ago, JTC said:

Anything that frustrates me a great deal makes me feel like smoking. For most of my life smoking seemed to calm me down or make me feel better. But that was before COPD. Now smoking robs me of breath. This is why it's so ridiculous that I keep doing it. One of my doc's gave me a sample of a nicotine puffer called Nicotrol. It's supposed to be something like an e-cig. I'm afraid to try it. The night I told you about, with the cheapo e-cig was very scary. I didn't go to the ER because it was 3 am Sunday morning. Where I am nothing would have been done at 3 am when the next day is a Sunday. They just would have watched me. So I sat home and on Monday called a lung doc. I saw him the next day and he gave me a new puffer. The bottom line is I need to quit smoking.

JTC, I know it's really hard to quit but somehow you must.  I think one of my cousins in Florida has COPD, and I believe she uses an oxygen tank.  And I think they said she still doesn't want to quit smoking.  But oxygen tanks can explode so it's really dangerous.   Last I heard she was in hospice so maybe they finally got her away from cigarettes.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 9/7/2018 at 11:52 AM, JTC said:

Well God Incarnate when through this:

0One time Jesus entered a house, and the crowds began to gather again. Soon he and his disciples couldn’t even find time to eat. 21When his family heard what was happening, they tried to take him away. “He’s out of his mind,” they said. The True Family of Jesus31Then Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see him. They stood outside and sent word for him to come out and talk with them. 32There was a crowd sitting around Jesus, and someone said, “Your mother and your brothersf are outside asking for you.”33Jesus replied, “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?” 34Then he looked at those around him and said, “Look, these are my mother and brothers.35Anyone who does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.” (Mark 3:20-21, 31-35)

When family mistreats is we can remeber that Jesus was treated badly by his own family. 

• Loved it! 1