• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Debp said:

How are things near Pensacola, Neighbor?   I have a few cousins near there.   Last time the hurricane came, my cousin said they didn't have to leave.  This one looks really bad though.

Hi, Sorry don't know yet. 

Won't know probably until you do, as I am reliant on the same cable tv information.

To ask me about Pensacola is pretty much  like my asking you about  Santa Rosa or San Francisco. I'm a eight hour drive around the bend and then south of Pensacola. I was an infant and a toddler there at Wright field USN back at WWII. My father was a fighter pilot instructor at the time. Long, long time ago. 

We went out to the causeway here and watched  a kite surfer having a grand time and some skidoos. Many of us were at the shore walking dining enjoying the beautiful cloudy sunset flashing pink cotton candy like overhead. Then we went to a local restaurant that serves an English food menu and has a Wednesday geezers night  of music and dancing with  old musicians playing 1950's rock. Very old musicians, I think when they fall over  dead it will be while still playing  Rock'n Robb'n. Funny thing is everyone there, half of them older than I am,  are all on cell phones,  shooting video, texting, and  messaging.  For the most part women dancing in yoga pants at eighty and even ninety, oh boy not such a pretty sight. Guess they are fashionable support gear.

Anyway the sun is up and the early scenes on tv are rather nasty looking  of the areas hit by the storm. Some of it looks very Katrina like. Just gone.  I hope and pray Georgia has fared better.

Much of the forest they are showing that is broken are crop trees for the paper and plywood mills. They are the slash pines  and long leaf needle pines raised  for the making of plywood and paper including toilet paper and paper towels. I don't know if any  mills were damaged or not.  Might become rather dangerous for the logging workers. I do pray for those handling  fallen and damaged trees.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

You need not read my post if you don't want to there is not going to be a quiz later.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IF I were in private and not on forums .  I WOULD rebuke a whole lot harder than this .  We cant even call a spade a spade in some cases here .

OH the LORD gave me a way around it on forums .   so have fun banning me .      WE need to just go ahead and drop this and get back to the subject at hand .

WE need to just go ahead and drop this and get back to the subject at hand .

Remember Jesus is in the forum and He reads every topic and read every word you post and would He be pleased to see how you talk to some people?

Arriving heaven someday, would you try to walk around some people?

so have fun banning me

You could ask the mods to ban you if that is what you want?

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted!  We also reserve the right to remove any member from any thread for any of these violations. Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

:)  too late! lol!!

Oh well, next time then.

In the meantime maybe see ya around at morning prayer requests and praises.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, Davida said:

This is a foreshadowing, I think we are entering into the times of mega storms. The time of the gentiles will  run out and God will be turning His attention to Israel soon. 

Well, we've just come out of a decade or so of practically no storm activity. I remember hurricane Hanna and Hurricane Andrew. They are from decades ago. Pretty bad stuff. 

And there was a horrendous storm that wiped out a lot of homes in the northeast  around a hundred years ago and changed the beaches dramatically.

i.e. it's cyclical. We're in a solar minimum right now so things are changing.

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

This is a foreshadowing, I think we are entering into the times of mega storms. The time of the gentiles will  run out and God will be turning His attention to Israel soon. 

While I get the theme, I wonder; is God's attention limited? Has He really not paid attention to Jews while also adopting the former Gentiles into the church  that  has been created by Jesus?  I have thought that  Christians are neither Jew nor gentile, and that God's attention is never split between Jew, Gentile, Christian, Muslim, atheist, Catholic, Hindu, Buddhist, but is always upon all of us. The "dispersion" seems to continue on, go full circle to the return. The best salespersons in the world some 144,000 will turn many an entire population to God, including many of those one might call gentiles if they are Jewish. Our Lord and savior Jesus being God the Son by whom all that will be called will come to God the Father.

In the meantime I am looking at the devastation that is the area hit by the hurricane, many  need physical help and the prayers of all that will pray for them, and the storm is just now affecting North Carolina where they already have suffered greatly from rains and water to excess.  I pray for the safety of those that do travel on in there even starting today to help from many churches and Christian help groups with physical hands of help and with prayer and comfort to those hit  hard by the storm.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

49 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Remember Jesus is in the forum and He reads every topic and read every word you post and would He be pleased to see how you talk to some people?

Angels for you .    I wasn't the one who said anything .      All I said was I have been called an anti Christ andson of perdition .   PS,   here on worthy .   But its been a long

time ago .    I am sure the man that did it felt bad later .   he has never once said it again .  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

56 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Why would I ask the mods to ban me .   Besides , deep down you know you would miss me .      Now throw those hands up and praise the LORD .

You loved sister .    

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, Davida said:

Could be, Davida, I don't know...

But, a hundred or two hundred years ago, there was weather.  God made it this way, and man knows it will happen.  There were storms. There was wars. There was all kinds of tragedy. But no media like we have today, flooding/fanning the news networks about every disaster or tiny mishap  throughout the entire world, trickled down and then twitted/texted available at your kitchen table for supper (texting) conversation. Even the 'pleasant Christian forums' become affected...... default_cool2.gif.8b9f959f0bc512b61ce86736f77a1231.gif
Hurricanes are a fact of life, and always have been. I've been through one, and close to others, on the Texas coast. Along with millions of others throughout the world. I think it would be neat if the media would show/report much more of the heroic and selfless efforts of the common people, the friends and neighbors, and so many strangers, who put their life on hold to help out, during the storms and after, to show the other side of humanity. I personally am very inspired when I see a TV report of some ole redneck looking dude with his jacked up four wheel drive pickup hauling load after load of hospital bound patients through deep flowing waters to high ground. Very scary.  Neighbors, strangers, rolling up their sleeves, and pitching in.     Cool......

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

The streak we had without a major Hurricane hitting the US was pretty remarkable and lasted about 12 years. Hurricane Harvey just last year was the first one since Wilma in 2005. This is the same with earthquakes. The two strongest earthquakes ever recorded were both more than 50 years ago with a 9.5 in Chile and a 9.2 in Alaska. Natural disasters come in cycles and always have as you mentioned about hurricanes. It just appears things are worse today than in the past because of advanced technology and 24/7 news coverage.

Yeah, the news coverage thing is an important point. 

A lot of young people probably don't know this but we didn't used to name tropical storms. We named hurricanes. But there were so few that just to give the weather channel, et-al something to talk about they started naming tropical storms. And here we are. 

I remember when I lived in Seattle in the late 60's we had some amazing snowstorms, but by the late 90's it seemed like they were simply a thing of the distant past. But then they ramped up again. If one is old enough, one has actually lived through the cycles. The younger people see the changes (e.g. "global warming") and think there is some sort of permanent thing going on here. Technically, they are correct in a way. The sahara used to be forrest, Greenland was called greenland because it was, and Montana and much of the US used to be covered by a glacier.

It got warmer, thank God.

• Thanks 1