LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Why do we all try so hard on here to convince the other person that they are wrong? Sometimes I just want to say what I think about a topic without having to debate everyone who disagrees with me. Yes I guess it is my fault too. As grandma always said "it takes two."  So maybe I just need to walk away?  Maybe I can just state that I think that apple pie is the best and simply walk away. Even if I get ten replies telling me that I am wrong about apple pie and that I need to show prove that apple pie is the best. So I am going to try to work on that. See if I can just state my pie and walk away. So here I go......:read:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I like apple pie too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I think it is necessary to know what kind of apple we are talking about here :blink: 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Why do we all try so hard on here to convince the other person that they are wrong? Sometimes I just want to say what I think about a topic without having to debate everyone who disagrees with me. Yes I guess it is my fault too. As grandma always said "it takes two."  So maybe I just need to walk away?  Maybe I can just state that I think that apple pie is the best and simply walk away. Even if I get ten replies telling me that I am wrong about apple pie and that I need to show prove that apple pie is the best. So I am going to try to work on that. See if I can just state my pie and walk away. So here I go......:read:

I disagree. LOL 

Just kidding. 

Part of this is (IMHO) God's plan to get us out into the world to spread his truth rather than continually 

chiming in with others of like mind / like faith. 

I used to waste so much time arguing with total jerks who believe pretty much what I believe... then it dawned on me... talk to someone else. 

Most believers are scared to witness Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world. 

They'd rather come to places like this (for which I am extremely grateful is here btw). 

There are as many ways to witness to people as there are people to witness to. 

So it doesn't have to be the Billy Graham / Bible Answer Man approach. 

You don't always have to say God or Jesus. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not talking about a watered down version of the truth... but demonstrating the love of God

will get them more prone to ask questions... THEN you can tell them about Jesus and God  and the Holy Spirit and salvation when they 

have willing ears.

"How do you do it?" I'm often asked about work etc. 

"Prayer." I say usually. 

If they are interested, they'll bite. 

Or I'll make a moral point and mention "I don't know if you believe in God or karma or the universe evening the score, but if you do that... this will result... as for me, I believe in God." 

I am sometimes asked to teach others how to witness. I cannot. Actually I will not because of the arguments over everything. 

I will say to look within one's self to discover what God has placed there in order to perform the ministry he has called us as individuals to perform.  

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

There is no such thing as free apple pie. As in, you cannot have your pie and eat it to.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

What kind of low- life would drag dear,old grandma into what was formerly a love- fest of civil debate and discourse ? Should you simply “ walk away?” No doubt you would just LOVE to stir up this hornet’s nest and then merrily stroll away allowing the rest of us insulted posters to contend with the avarice that always goes hand in hand wth pie discussions.Liberals, nay, radicals like yourself use “ pie” as a code word for OSAS  vs NOSAS.Some people just love to fight in these Forums and THAT is what you should “ work on!”

Did I mention that I am a retired man with WAAAAY too much time on his hands?How else to explain such an idiotic diatribe?  Lol......Hope you got a smile out of it.....we all know how sweet and well- meaning you are.I hope you continue to post.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Walking away is sometimes the best.   Otherwise the topic usually ends up over 30 pages and then either gets closed or deleted. :rofl:☺️

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 hours ago, LadyKay said:

The answer is: 

2Ti 3:16
(16)  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Acts 15:1-2
(1)  And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except you be circumcised after the manner of Moses, you cannot be saved.
(2)  When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
Luk 12:51-53
(51)  Suppose you that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
(52)  For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
(53)  The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Edited by Michael37
helpful

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

Be always humble, gentle, and patient. Show your love by being tolerant with one another. – Ephesians 4:2 

Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don't argue with them about what they think is right or wrong. - Romans 14:1

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

. Decided the humor was too obtuse and so I removed it.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1