IGNORED

Would being Catholic keep one from being saved?

Figure of eighty

30 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

Revelation is seven separate letters. The book should not be read as a continuous narrative. Book divisions by chapter 3-3-3-4-3-3-3. There are two different cities that are referred to as great in separate narratives. 

I know the first chapters are dealing with the individual churches, so I see a division of sorts after chapter 3, but what makes you think they are separate letters?  I have never seen anything that would indicate that was the case.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

A true believer in catholic  doctrine  believes  He will be saved by his works and is lost.In the end, no more than than a legalistic Baptist or Methodist.Faith plus nothing for salvation .

Remember Butero......i thought we agreed not to use the “ oi vey” button again.....it is not fair....you forgot that I wore mine out the last time we tangled horns.....lol

If and when you get time, check out Yankee Arnold on you tube.....he’s almost as good as our friend, Renee Roland...... I’d be interested in your take on Arnold

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Remember Butero......i thought we agreed not to use the “ oi vey” button again.....it is not fair....you forgot that I wore mine out the last time we tangled horns.....lol

If and when you get time, check out Yankee Arnold on you tube.....he’s almost as good as our friend, Renee Roland...... I’d be interested in your take on Arnold

If you want a truce between me and you on using the oy Vey button, I am okay with that.  I did stop using it for a time, but I found it was the only way to deal with some folks.  By the way, I just got that used against me for asking a question about how a certain individual knows Revelation wasn't one letter.  Rather than answering it, that was the response I got.  I suppose it distressed him because he couldn't answer it.  

Yankee Arnold?  I will have to look into that.  Out of respect for you, the Oy Vey has been removed, even though I know the Bible says "Faith without works is dead," not "Faith plus nothing."  lol

May God Help me—- I couldn’t help myself.....lol......my wife must have repaired the “ oy vey” button while I slept last night! Lol

i visited your discussion place the other night.....not bad.....Do you still do your podcast thingy?

btw.....Faith plus nothing for SALVATION.....even Paul said we are saved in order to do good works.salvation is a GIFT.We repent( change our minds about bring “good enough”to seeing we are rotten to the core and must have a Savior)The Holy Spirit which gave us “ eyes to see” will put that same Spirit in us, enabling those who have been blessed, to hear the Gospel thAt Paul preached ( given to him by Christ) and believe that Gospel.Given time, good works will follow.Those good works did not save you, God considered pre-salvation good deeds in order to get Brownie points to be worthy of Heaven as “ filthy rags”.Those good works done after one is saved as God performs the miracle of changing us from the inside out into the likeness of His Son enable us to build up Heavenly rewards.Beyond the teachings of the Scripture, this is exactly how I have seen all of this play out in my life. Good works should flow from a man that has been  Born Again as easily as a finger flows up and down in the clicking of an oy vey button,

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

3 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

May God Help me—- I couldn’t help myself.....lol......my wife must have repaired the “ oh vey” button while I slept last night! Lol

i visited your discussion place the other night.....not bad.....Do you still do your podcast thingy?

I have plans to set up a studio to create videos, but I am trying to find time to finish the process of publishing a book.  There are never enough hours in the day.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Back to the topic...
It is about essence... the reality is: 'IS' it of God or not and seeing how God has not given us the ability of seeing another's heart we must examine the fruit, the outworking, of the person in question or group. Using God's Word with proper hermeneutic principles of study we lay out a foundation of thus sayeth The Lord... however mechanics can only take us so far then there is a waiting upon God past this life to understand perfectly.

Edited by enoob57

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Scott Free said:

Are you comparing Vatican City with the Great Whore? Remember, the Great City qualifications are a large harbor between two rivers and a very strong consumer economy based on maritime trade. Rome, Vatican City, Iraq, Jerusalem or a mystery religion is not capable of fulfilling these prophecies. Only New York City meets all the prophetic criteria. After the US is decimated the Catholic Church will consume Texas to Florida with the help of the Hispanic populations.

I read from a book written by an ambassador from the US to the Vatican that in this world there ae two superpowers. The US and the Vatican. Secret societies with certain religious ways with ties to many religious and political forces  operating behind the seen is nothing new. The army of refugees coming through Mexico to our border will be a very interesting stand off. Until it happens the Vatican thing is just speculation .   

I think Rev 17 describes very nicely who the Whore is.

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

1 minute ago, Mike Mclees said:

Vatican thing is just speculation

This is speculation. But, they have not received power yet. I believe the Pope will introduce the Antichrist and be his representative to the masses. The Antichrist's main focus is leading the upper echelon.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

8 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

This is speculation. But, they have not received power yet. I believe the Pope will introduce the Antichrist and be his representative to the masses. The Antichrist's main focus is leading the upper echelon.

power has always been its ambition on a world scale 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • This is Worthy 1