IGNORED

Why did 81% of evangelicals vote for trump?

jerryfhanson

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  1

I’m not saying folks don’t need medical help. Healing is more than medicine. Medicine is legit. There is healing beyond that! I have been healed from prancreatitis. They told me it couldn’t be healed. I spoke over it in Jesus name for years. I am headed. No symptoms. Nothing. Praise our Lord! He will save us always don’t ever doubt. BELIEVE 

Edited by Kristin
Bad grammar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

The best stand is for Believers is to stay out of politics. 

Oh I could never do that. :39:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,342
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 3/5/2019 at 8:47 AM, PinkBelt said:

There is no one reason, and countless articles have been written on the subject. I am studying to be a clinical psychologist and I also came out of an extremely right wing church/family environment. Given all this I feel qualified to give you the most convenient answers:

- Racial grievances.

- Job outsourcing with no lifeline made many people desperate, especially in steel and coal producing states. Trump promised them a lifeline.

- Relative deprivation, which basically means thinking you are not getting things you're entitled to while those you perceive as "beneath" you get those things.

- Lack of consistent values/hypocrisy. Many evangelicals have very high moral standards for whomever they oppose, but are willing to ignore those same values for themselves or their leaders. This is especially true if it's in pursuit of some end goal like the supreme court. In other words, in order to promote biblical values we must ignore them. The ends justify the means and so on.

- Obsession over abortion and homosexuality. The politicians voted on their supposedly "pro-life/pro-marriage" platforms are robbing us and driving the nation over a cliff. But these single issue voters are so blinded by abortion and homosexuality to care about issues of corruption, oligarchy and human suffering cause by poverty.

- Many evangelicals do not know what the bible actually says about the issues with which they are opposed. They get their biblical knowledge from their leaders who may or may not be giving accurate information.

- And to be perfectly honest many evangelicals simply hate liberals more than they love Jesus.

I voted for Clinton, but had it been almost any candidate other than Trump I'd have voted GoP.

What you have written doesn't really apply to me.   However, did want to make one point.   One of the reasons I voted for Trump is that he will appoint conservative judges.   Do you know that Californians voted against gay marriage twice?   Each time we voted against it, the liberals appealed and got our votes overturned!!    So we definitely need more conservatives on the bench to balance out the liberals.

Btw, I don't hate anyone and I get along with my wide variety of neighbors.   Just because a person doesn't agree with crazy policies doesn't make them a hater.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest PinkBelt

You didn't read my entire post did you?

8 hours ago, Debp said:

What you have written doesn't really apply to me.   However, did want to make one point.   One of the reasons I voted for Trump is that he will appoint conservative judges  Do you know that Californians voted against gay marriage twice?   Each time we voted against it, the liberals appealed and got our votes overturned!!    So we definitely need more conservatives on the bench to balance out the liberals.

Btw, I don't hate anyone and I get along with my wide variety of neighbors.   Just because a person doesn't agree with crazy policies doesn't make them a hater.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:47 AM, PinkBelt said:

There is no one reason, and countless articles have been written on the subject. I am studying to be a clinical psychologist and I also came out of an extremely right wing church/family environment. Given all this I feel qualified to give you the most convenient answers:

- Racial grievances.

- Job outsourcing with no lifeline made many people desperate, especially in steel and coal producing states. Trump promised them a lifeline.

- Relative deprivation, which basically means thinking you are not getting things you're entitled to while those you perceive as "beneath" you get those things.

- Lack of consistent values/hypocrisy. Many evangelicals have very high moral standards for whomever they oppose, but are willing to ignore those same values for themselves or their leaders. This is especially true if it's in pursuit of some end goal like the supreme court. In other words, in order to promote biblical values we must ignore them. The ends justify the means and so on.

- Obsession over abortion and homosexuality. The politicians voted on their supposedly "pro-life/pro-marriage" platforms are robbing us and driving the nation over a cliff. But these single issue voters are so blinded by abortion and homosexuality to care about issues of corruption, oligarchy and human suffering cause by poverty.

- Many evangelicals do not know what the bible actually says about the issues with which they are opposed. They get their biblical knowledge from their leaders who may or may not be giving accurate information.

- And to be perfectly honest many evangelicals simply hate liberals more than they love Jesus.

I voted for Clinton, but had it been almost any candidate other than Trump I'd have voted GoP.

I am from LA and am well aware of what we did and didn't vote for.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Kristin said:

God WILL HEAL YOU WITHOUT INSURANCE!  Unless, of course, you are in unbelief. 

This is a false teaching.  Many who believe are never healed in this life. They do go on to be with the Lord in Haven. Careful how you judge others of having unbelief. :45: 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/7/2019 at 7:08 AM, Mike Mclees said:

The best stand is for Believers is to stay out of politics.  Here it is. You've been TRUMPED!. Its to late now so live with it.

Well i do not vote so...  And i am not an American anyway..

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 2/27/2019 at 11:19 PM, jerryfhanson said:

Trump fundamentally goes against my Christian Values, even as an Evangelical. Why did so many people vote for him?

For me it was a simple choice, I felt compelled to make a countervote against Hillary, nor more than that. Had I abstained, that would have given her a tiny edge. Realistically though, unless God were to intervene, I could do not good, I live in California, a winner take all electoral state. Never-the-less, there were  lot of evangelicals that could not see themselves voting for a lying, felonious, person who did not see fit to try to rescue soldiers and diplomats in trouble. As if her pro-baby killing stance, were not enough reason to reject her. Also important, is the appointment of supreme court justices - so no Hillary or even Bernie. We were not given many (any) viable choices.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,342
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

22 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

You didn't read my entire post did you?

I am from LA and am well aware of what we did and didn't vote for.

Yes, I did read your entire post.   And again I state that just because I'm against crazy policies doesn't make me a hater.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/28/2019 at 2:19 AM, jerryfhanson said:

Trump fundamentally goes against my Christian Values, even as an Evangelical. Why did so many people vote for him?

He was the lesser of two evils.  There was really no alternative.  

• Brilliant! 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/27/2019 at 11:19 PM, jerryfhanson said:

so what are your values? You are not pro life?

did you vote for "kill them even when they are about to be born" Hillary??????

:foot-stomp: