Sign in to follow this  
Pekoudah

A Worthy Attitude

33 minutes ago, Debp said:

Amen.   We have the imputed righteousness of Christ.    He took our sins and gives us His righteousness.   This is the basis of our faith.

Of course, the Christian life is a walk as we are being sanctified throughout our lifetime.   We are not saying to stay in one place.

However, we are warning do not throw away our foundation of our faith and Salvation....which is Christ alone!!  Do not place our works in the place of Christ....works will not save.

Our foundation is not a beginner's understanding about who Jesus is...or how saved we are for knowing about Him...but an actual walk in His power and presence. If you fear losing your foundation by advancing in the knowledge of God...then that is not a foundation upon which Christ is being built up.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Bond5ervanT said:

Grace is not receiving what we deserve. Mercy is receiving what we do not deserve.

And what does the true grace of GOD which brings salvation Teach us .       

46 minutes ago, Pekoudah said:

Our foundation is not a beginner's understanding about who Jesus is...or how saved we are for knowing about Him...but an actual walk in His power and presence. If you fear losing your foundation by advancing in the knowledge of God...then that is not a foundation upon which Christ is being built up.

Excellent point.

The Disciples didn't stand alone on a single foundational step of faith..

They were moved and instructed to go!

• Thumbs Up 2

@Sonshine Thanks for the concern for my salvation but I don't think anything I said negates Jesus' role in salvation. 

I just want to press on to knowing the Lord. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

I am not speaking of our human understanding of who Jesus is, or us knowing about Him intellectually when I talk of the foundation.    The only foundation is Jesus Christ Himself....when the reality of Christ is in our hearts and lives, this is the most blessed thing.   Upon Christ everything else is laid.

• Praise God! 2

17 hours ago, pinacled said:

The Lord will never pardon the Unforgivable murderer..

Only Satan would teach such a thing.

Moses, David and Paul were all murderers . Where do you think they are at this moment? If you ever hated anyone you Are just as guilty as they are....you better pray that Gods Grace can cover them- and YOU! Personally, I am an adulterer.... I haven’t conquered lustful thought yet.....how about you?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And what does the true grace of GOD which brings salvation Teach us .       

It teaches us that the Blood Of Christ covers all sins and that now “ Anybody that asks to be saved WILL be saved”

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

6 hours ago, naominash said:

@Sonshine Thanks for the concern for my salvation but I don't think anything I said negates Jesus' role in salvation. 

I just want to press on to knowing the Lord. 

Naomi, there is nothing wrong with pressing on to knowing Christ more (sanctification/walking with Christ).   However, there are some here that are teaching that works alongside of Christ save, and that one can lose salvation when one sins..    That teaching is what Sonshine was warning you about.

Please remember....

I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.  Galatians 2:21

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?   Are you so foolish?  Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?  Galatians 3:2-3

• This is Worthy 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

53 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Moses, David and Paul were all murderers . Where do you think they are at this moment? If you ever hated anyone you Are just as guilty as they are....you better pray that Gods Grace can cover them- and YOU! Personally, I am an adulterer.... I haven’t conquered lustful thought yet.....how about you?

I also must add that these men repented of their sins.

• This is Worthy 2

8 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I also must add that these men repented of their sins.

Of course......but interestingly, I don’t think we ever have it recorded in Scripture that Moses repented for killing the Egyptian slave master......the jerk probably had it coming...

Sign in to follow this