LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

My husband dose contract work for a company. The company hires him out to to job sites.  My husband then invoices the company at the end of the week charging them for the work he dose.  Well it seems this week the person who dose the payments is on vacation. So there is no one to write out a check for his pay. We are down to almost nothing. Until he gets paid. Which may not be until Monday or whenever the person gets back from vacation.   I am rather upset about this. I told my husband they need to have someone fill in for this person cause they just can't leave people without pay checks!  I don't know. I am just very upset about it.   I know Jesus said not to worry but I don't see how I can not worry.  I pray for a solution to this issue. 

• Praying! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,327
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

So sorry....yes, that company should have someone issuing paychecks!!   Is there some way you could temporarily borrow a bit from your church?  Explain the situation?   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  773
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Talk to ur shepherd at church or ur relative. Or sell some rings. Use credit card to buy food.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Or contact the company, the pay clerk will have a supervisor so can't he issue the pay check.

Are the regular staff also going unpaid?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  773
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Don't u hv credit cards ?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Who me said:

Or contact the company, the pay clerk will have a supervisor so can't he issue the pay check.

Are the regular staff also going unpaid?

It's a small family run company. It is the owner's daughter who is in charge of issuing the checks and accounting.  I am hoping that the owner will give us a loan just to get through the weekend. He has done that before as this is not the first time this has happen.  Just pray for me and my family  if you could. 

Edited by LadyKay
  • Praying! 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

19 hours ago, LadyKay said:

My husband dose contract work for a company. The company hires him out to to job sites.  My husband then invoices the company at the end of the week charging them for the work he dose.  Well it seems this week the person who dose the payments is on vacation. So there is no one to write out a check for his pay. We are down to almost nothing. Until he gets paid. Which may not be until Monday or whenever the person gets back from vacation.   I am rather upset about this. I told my husband they need to have someone fill in for this person cause they just can't leave people without pay checks!  I don't know. I am just very upset about it.   I know Jesus said not to worry but I don't see how I can not worry.  I pray for a solution to this issue. 

Isn't there someone ahead of the whole company that you can voice your concerns about no pay check?

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

Hi LadyKay,

I am praying for you. I have been in a similar position you're in now, and to put it mildly, it is a very unpleasant and lonely place to be in. 

Two passages spoke to me, whilst in that dark and uncertain situation, which I have copied and pasted below.

Jesus wants us to be completely dependent on Him, and it looks like He is putting you through some refinery fire, so that you will learn to completely trust and depend on Him as your provider, which is the same refinery fire He has put me through a few times. I will pray that you come out of this stronger.

Isaiah 45:3

I will give you the treasures of darkness

and the hoards in secret places,

that you may know that it is I, the Lord,

the God of Israel, who call you by your name.

Isaiah 43:2

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;

when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,

and the flame shall not consume you.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Just pray for me and my family  if you could. 

@LadyKay I'm sorry this is happening. I am praying for you. Please let us know what happens, okay? 

Edited by turtletwo
typo

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

20 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Your husband should get paid at the time the company said they'd pay him, unless there is an unforeseeable problem. Vacations aren't unforeseeable.