IGNORED

Should a Christian attend an Orthodox Church?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

There is no true gospel in the Catholic church. It is work based. Jesus is portrayed as dead on a crucifix rather than the risen Lord that He is. Mary is elevated too high. Though she was blessed to give birth to Jesus, she was still a sinner saved by grace. To pray to anyone other than God is idolatry. 

@diane32 did a great job of listing some of the falsehoods of this religious system.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Like I say, the Catholic Church, despite a few bad apples, holds the line on sexual morality, and I appreciate that.

And a broke clock is right twice a day .   THIS is no reason to support that church .    I can hold the line with true christains on sexual morality

rather than being unequally yoked with a bad apple .   you missing the point ,  Rome IS a bad apple .  THUS we gotta expose it and pray none enter into those chambers .

Here, this might be easier .    I would like to ask you a question .

Do you believe the POPE is a true man o GOD .

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Purgatory is a false doctrine they have.

Definition of purgatory

1: an intermediate state after death for expiatory purification specifically : a place or state of punishment wherein according to Roman Catholic doctrine the souls of those who die in God's grace may make satisfaction for past sins and so become fit for heaven

2: a place or state of temporary suffering or misery

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I would say no. The Catholic Church is not the best choice. The biggest problem is its belief that faith alone in Christ is not sufficient for salvation. That is just one problem among others. I would say they are a cult. 

I would certainly agree, that it is not the best choice. There are some problems with Roman Catholic Theology and practice, particularly for those who trust the Bible as inspired, but doubt that Popes and councils and traditions are. There is a tendency in Catholic tradition, to base  salvation on more than the grace of God, and trust also to ceremonies and rites, which is unfortunate, as it make our works partially responsible for our salvation, thus robbing God/Jesus/Holy Spirit, of the credit where it is deserved.

I think the title of this thread contains an error, in that it implies that Catholics are NOT Christians, it would have been better had it said:

Should Other kinds of Christians attend Catholic Church?

Why would I say that? Christians believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus. Christians believe that Jesus led a sinless life. Christians believe that Jesus was God in the flesh, God became a man in the incarnation. Christians believe that there is one God, in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Christians believe that Jesus died on the Cross for the sins of others. Christians believe the Jesus rose from the grave. Coincidentally, Roman Catholics believe these things also.

I think those are pretty hallmark and important doctrines of the Christian faith, and for these reasons I would hesitate to label the RCC as a cult, unless you just use the generic definition of a cult, which basically includes every religious group.

I am confident that those of us who will inherit eternal life, will find some Catholics there, while some "Christians" that we might have expected to see won't be there, they will have been sent into outer darkness, where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Edited by New Member
spelling errors

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Like I say, the Catholic Church, despite a few bad apples, holds the line on sexual morality, and I appreciate that.

Check this out John, Now their teaching that God is gender neutral? and are banned from using the words 'Lord', 'Father' and 'Son' in prayers. How far will they go to change the Word of God?

Catholic schoolgirls are being taught that God is GENDER-NEUTRAL and are banned from using the words 'Lord', 'Father' and 'Son' in prayers

Brisbane Catholic schools are removing male-centric terms from their prayers

The Catholic Office for the Participation of Women director said she is 'thrilled'

Queensland Catholic Education Commission doesn't give a guide on language

Catholic schoolgirls are being taught that God is gender-neutral and banned from using the words 'Lord', 'Father' and 'Son' in prayers.
A number of elite Catholic schools in Brisbane are making moves to teach their students to use inclusive language when referring to God.
Top schools including All Hallows, Stuartholme, Loreto College and Stuartholme School are leading a push towards a feminist interpretation of the Christian Bible.
Students at Stuartholme School in Brisbane's inner-city, which charges upwards of $40,000 a year, are taught to use the word 'Godself' instead of 'himself'.

'As we believe God is neither male or female, Stuartholme tries to use gender-neutral terms in prayers … so that our community deepens their understanding of who God is for them, how God reveals Godself through creation, our relationships with others and the person of Jesus,' a spokeswoman told The Sunday Mail.
Loreto College in Coorparoo has taken the word 'Lord' from their prayers as it is a 'male term'.
The school's principal Kim Wickham said prayers written for use within the college didn't assign God a gender.

The Catholic Office for the Participation of Women director Andrea Dean told the publication that she was 'thrilled' and it was 'terrific' schools were moving towards inclusive language.
The Queensland Catholic Education Commission does not provide guidelines for what language is appropriate but the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference did suggest schools use gender-neutral terms where appropriate.
Brisbane's top Catholic boys' school St Joseph's College has replaced the term 'brothers' with 'sisters and brothers' and 'brotherhood' with 'international community'.
'This has been an area of growth for us in recent times,' a spokesman told Sunday Times.
'We have made changes to a number of prayers to be more gender-inclusive.'

Link;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7094893/Catholic-schoolgirls-taught-God-gender-neutral.html

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 minute ago, HAZARD said:

Check this out John, Now their teaching that God is gender neutral? and are banned from using the words 'Lord', 'Father' and 'Son' in prayers. How far will they go to change the Word of God?

Catholic schoolgirls are being taught that God is GENDER-NEUTRAL and are banned from using the words 'Lord', 'Father' and 'Son' in prayers

Brisbane Catholic schools are removing male-centric terms from their prayers

The Catholic Office for the Participation of Women director said she is 'thrilled'

Queensland Catholic Education Commission doesn't give a guide on language

Catholic schoolgirls are being taught that God is gender-neutral and banned from using the words 'Lord', 'Father' and 'Son' in prayers.
A number of elite Catholic schools in Brisbane are making moves to teach their students to use inclusive language when referring to God.
Top schools including All Hallows, Stuartholme, Loreto College and Stuartholme School are leading a push towards a feminist interpretation of the Christian Bible.
Students at Stuartholme School in Brisbane's inner-city, which charges upwards of $40,000 a year, are taught to use the word 'Godself' instead of 'himself'.

'As we believe God is neither male or female, Stuartholme tries to use gender-neutral terms in prayers … so that our community deepens their understanding of who God is for them, how God reveals Godself through creation, our relationships with others and the person of Jesus,' a spokeswoman told The Sunday Mail.
Loreto College in Coorparoo has taken the word 'Lord' from their prayers as it is a 'male term'.
The school's principal Kim Wickham said prayers written for use within the college didn't assign God a gender.

The Catholic Office for the Participation of Women director Andrea Dean told the publication that she was 'thrilled' and it was 'terrific' schools were moving towards inclusive language.
The Queensland Catholic Education Commission does not provide guidelines for what language is appropriate but the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference did suggest schools use gender-neutral terms where appropriate.
Brisbane's top Catholic boys' school St Joseph's College has replaced the term 'brothers' with 'sisters and brothers' and 'brotherhood' with 'international community'.
'This has been an area of growth for us in recent times,' a spokesman told Sunday Times.
'We have made changes to a number of prayers to be more gender-inclusive.'

Link;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7094893/Catholic-schoolgirls-taught-God-gender-neutral.html

I think you will find bad apples in all denominations.

13 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I think you will find bad apples in all denominations.

So after reading that who in their right mind would recommend the catholic church?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

38 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

So after reading that who in their right mind would recommend the catholic church?

One learns to take things with a grain of salt.

• Praying! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Its all over the bible we are not to entertain or sit under false teachers .   Rome is .

So are many protestant main line churches too .

You know what I think most people no longer realize .     That as much as they were false ones at work back then ,  IT would mushroom near the end . Because it is

and I see folks more concerned with unity and fellowship With false leaders , Rather than ON CHRIST ALONE and SOUND doctrine alone .

Yall we been all set up by men of this age .   They crept in years back with a well known agenda .  ONLY because It was cloaked under a guise of christanity more and more fell for it .

So many are going to gather under the all inclusive ,  instead of at the river with JESUS .    Did you know that when His own asked him

about the signs of the end of the age , HIS FIRST ajor warning , BE NOT deceived .  WELL guess what , we in them days now and most no longer have any spiritual discernment .

THEY are led by sensual feelings of what They think and men have taught them . 

Yall , I don't sit and warn and warn and warn when folks aint listening .    But I will give this huge warning , WE better all Go back into ONLY BIBLES and read them

as though we have never read before .   Because folks , MANY are and many more will be deceived in the days ahead .   And many who even professed Christ

will go along with this deception .    I really wish more folks would help me warn .   I am glad some have , but come on folks let have more being serious

and a bit more grave .   cause we ARE in the end times ,  and deception are bad now , but will mushroom Like a bomb in the next few years .   Like a bomb .

You didn't answer my question but instead threw up a wall of bafflegab.

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

One learns to take things with a grain of salt.

How many truckloads of grains of salt would you need pour on this to be able to take this? All happening in the Catholic church down under and headline news in all the papers when it was exposed.

Have you heard of Paedophile priest Gerald Ridsdale who used his position as a parish priest to befriend children and their devout Catholic families in towns in western Victoria, Australia? Ridsdale told a nine-year-old altar boy “God will forgive all of your sins” as he raped him, McWilliams said. Afterwards he told the sobbing boy to pray for forgiveness. He also told [him] that if he ever told anyone, God would punish his family. Judge Irene Lawson broke down as she told the man that as a nine-year-old he was in no way responsible for what happened.  Ridsdale told one boy: “Don’t tell your mum and dad or your dad could die. Ridsdale pleaded guilty to 23 charges, mainly indecent assaults but including rape, for abusing 11 boys and one girl between 1962 and 1988. The former priest has already been convicted for sexually abusing 53 children, although his true number of victims is believed to be in the hundreds.