IGNORED

Heaven's language - Will we all understand one another?

mlbrokish

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Not sure I will need speech beyond praising the Lord anyway and that He hears in any language

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Whatever language, we will be fluent.

The mathematics in heaven will be exciting. Eternity plus or minus anything is still eternity, and there is no dividing or multiplying it either.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/21/2019 at 9:12 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Our eternal home will not be in Heaven, but on the New Earth and New Jerusalem; Heaven will come to Earth. Everything will be restored as God intended it to be from Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden. So, it appears everything is going to be restored; or what was in the beginning of creation before the fall.

Hi, do you "see" the New Heaven and the New Earth as restoration  of the Garden of Eden?

The descriptions, as might be speculated  or even visioned upon from Bible description do not seem to make the New Earth to be much like the replenishment that was Eden, least not to me at this point of reference. Do you see similarities?

• Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, Dennis1209. I ponder that there will be no night, no sea, and no suffering. Also these references when it comes to what we may hear ~

2Co 12:2-4

(2) I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows--such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

(3) And I know such a man--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows--

(4) that he was caught up into Paradise and heard unspeakable words, which it is not permitted (exesti  ou) for a man to utter.

1Co 13:1
(1)  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

The above passages you quoted in 2 Cor. have always intrigued me. We know it was Paul himself he was referring to, not to draw attention to himself but the message. From my studies, fourteen years back from when this was written, it wasn't long after Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus. There seems to be some unaccountable time in Paul's life and ministry shortly after his conversion. Paul not being an eyewitness to what Christ did and preached on earth as the other Apostles; seems to me had to be personally taught the Gospel of Christ. Many believe Jesus Himself taught Paul in Heaven, and this transfiguration / Rapture might have been when?

Secular scientists claim mathematics is the universal language of the universe. Based on Paul's statement; it sounds like a Holy language man does not know, speak or can utter; and forbidden to speak. Words are vocal and by speaking it is sound. Therefore I suspect this must be a Holy verbal language. Angelic communication must be far superior than that of man in eloquence, meaning and perfection. Man and his language is flawed. I’m guessing the Hebrew language is the closest thing man can utter and speak to perfection, and the language the Lord chose for his chosen people, the Hebrew’s / Jew’s.

The Jew’s were given the Law, they were given Jesus being born a Jew, they were entrusted to write and preserve the Word; and they were given the language to communicate in; and that ancient almost forgotten language was officially restored after the Diaspora ended May 14, 1948 as their official national language again.

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,306
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

On 20 June 2019 at 7:06 PM, mlbrokish said:

I was just wondering what others thought about language in Heaven.  Something altogether new?  The capability to speak all languages to anyone we encounter in Heaven? What do you think?

I certainly hope so.

What ever the language we will know it the instant we are changed.

Given the amazing creation and the incredible complexity of life. Heavens language will be rich in expressive adjectives, verbs and full of the wonderfull name of God.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/22/2019 at 6:40 AM, Michael37 said:

The mathematics in heaven will be exciting. Eternity plus or minus anything is still eternity, and there is no dividing or multiplying it either.

What? Here I have been working on finding the answer to  eternity/infinity =

There was time before time and there will be time after time. Gee, I have been there before! Yep, seventh grade public school detention hall.

Love Charles Larkin's works on time and eternity.

We will all sing a new song.

I can see it now: Alto, really? I am still an alto? Oh well, clearing throat, mi mi mi. No I'm not an alto. Yes, I really am? What if I use the bass microphone could I then hit the lows? No bass microphone, have to do it  naturally eh. Okay so I am an alto naturally.

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

52 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Love Charles Larkin's works on time and eternity.

I'll have to get that! I admire and study his commentary work on Daniel and Revelation. Given the period when he lived, studied and wrote; he didn't have the benefit (technology - world conditions) as we do to see how all these things can come about and are currently playing out. I believe he passed away well before our generations super prophecy was fulfilled; Israel becoming a nation in one day. He had an uncanny foresight.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

We will all sing a new song.

I can see it now: Alto, really? I am still an alto? Oh well, clearing throat, mi mi mi. No I'm not an alto. Yes, I really am? What if I use the bass microphone could I then hit the lows? No bass microphone, have to do it  naturally eh. Okay so I am an alto naturally.

I would imagine that if we all sing, then maybe I would actually be in tune. :unsure:

• Haha 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.81
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, mlbrokish said:

I would imagine that if we all sing, then maybe I would actually be in tune. :unsure:

Likewise! I can't sing in tune either.

• Thumbs Up 1