IGNORED

Physically attacked

bobo81

I cant tell you enough how glad I am to see this topic. I have experienced the same thing and Have had witnesses to it on more than one occasion.

Thank you for posting this it really gives me piece of mind to know that I am not the only one that this has happened to.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LDStudent
I cant tell you enough how glad I am to see this topic. I have experienced the same thing and Have had witnesses to it on more than one occasion.

Thank you for posting this it really gives me piece of mind to know that I am not the only one that this has happened to.

The presence of evil renders a deeper understanding of God's goodness. I pray every night to never again feel the presence of that devil.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Reading all these posts I have decided that it may be of help to someone if I share this with you.

When I was first saved I had no knowledge of the Word except John 3:16. I was just beginning to read my Bible and what a sponge I was. Before I was saved I experienced demonic activity and was overjoyed that that was gone from my life forever. I saw so much evil when I was in sin. I understand how Mary Mag. felt when she washed Jesus feet with her tears. What a Good God we serve.

Anyway, one night not long after I was saved I was laying on my couch and a hard whip of air slammed into me. I got up and it hit me several more times. I did not understand what was happening. It was the devil trying to make me think the Lord was chastening me. I didn't know much as I said, so I just went to bed praying and the Lord assured me that it was not true. As I grew in the word I realized that was just the devil trying to deceive me. However, most of his attacks at me have begun with something physical then he would come at me accusing me and bombarding my mind so much that I could hardly think of anything to counter his lies with because they came at me so fast. I usually wondered what it was I did wrong. I knew I had been forgiven of all my sins, why ... I was bombarded by people pointing fingers at me and saying or asking me things that I had no idea what they were talking about so I spent much time thinking they must see something wrong in my life that I don't..I remember my grandmother telling me that old devil bothered her once too...I told her it was just my pride..(the devil tried to make me think it was sin in my life)I was taken to the hospital and told I had manic depression....I can kind of laugh when I think about it now, but at the time it was awful. I was hurt and felt like a failure and like I was hurting those around me...you name it...the devil threw it my way....but God...exposed the wiles of the devil to me. I realized a pattern. It usually happened when the Lord was using me in some area like teaching, praying, going and so on...this last time it happened my pastor confirmed that to me. It was just the devil trying to stop me from doing what the Lord called me to do.

I was lying in bed just before I left for a mission trip a few weeks ago. I awoke to a dark thing holding me tight. I could not move at first or speak, but my thoughts went to Jesus. It let me go. I turned on my t.v to all Christian stuff and prayed and then let the Word fill my room. I did not let that hinder me from going. The devil tried to take me out but I am still here and the Lord is still mu Lord and according to the word of God he has to go!! The Lord promised me He would bruise him under my feet shortly.

The devil is a liar! He has no power over the believer. There is a little song that the children sing sometimes...one two three, the devil don't bother me...when I realized it was just the devil I wondered at myself...why on earth did I let that bother me...it's just the devil...:-) he cannot cross the blood line...nor can those who would try to cast spells my way etc...yes, they did that to me once, before I was saved. Praise the Lord for a praying grandmother and parents. Praise him for my salvation. Thank You Lord for the blood! :-)

Put on the whole armor of God...pray in the Spirit, making supplication for all the saints, with thanksgiving. Stand. Draw near to God, resist the devil and he will flee.

When the devil comes at you like a flood the SPIRIT OF GOD will lift up a standard against him.

No weapon form against me shall prosper! Nothing can seperate me from the love of Christ! He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it to the finish. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Its a question that comes up here and there. I was just wondering if people on here experienced similar or different things like me.

I remember getting attacked physically at night in my bed when I really began to turn my life to Christ, especially the first time I really fasted. But all it took was the name of Jesus Christ to stop. At one point, if I can remember correctly, I was attacked 3 or 4 times in one night!

Im curious if anyone else has any stories.

Peace in Christ

people may say that it is all in our heads....

but when a young lady is picked up off the floor and thrown across the room up against the wall, and there is no physical being doing it, but witnessed by several.... yea, it can and does happen...

mike

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

One time i swore someone kicked me in the ribs when i was asleep :noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Reading all these posts I have decided that it may be of help to someone if I share this with you.

When I was first saved I had no knowledge of the Word except John 3:16. I was just beginning to read my Bible and what a sponge I was. Before I was saved I experienced demonic activity and was overjoyed that that was gone from my life forever. I saw so much evil when I was in sin. I understand how Mary Mag. felt when she washed Jesus feet with her tears. What a Good God we serve.

Anyway, one night not long after I was saved I was laying on my couch and a hard whip of air slammed into me. I got up and it hit me several more times. I did not understand what was happening. It was the devil trying to make me think the Lord was chastening me. I didn't know much as I said, so I just went to bed praying and the Lord assured me that it was not true. As I grew in the word I realized that was just the devil trying to deceive me. However, most of his attacks at me have begun with something physical then he would come at me accusing me and bombarding my mind so much that I could hardly think of anything to counter his lies with because they came at me so fast. I usually wondered what it was I did wrong. I knew I had been forgiven of all my sins, why ... I was bombarded by people pointing fingers at me and saying or asking me things that I had no idea what they were talking about so I spent much time thinking they must see something wrong in my life that I don't..I remember my grandmother telling me that old devil bothered her once too...I told her it was just my pride..(the devil tried to make me think it was sin in my life)I was taken to the hospital and told I had manic depression....I can kind of laugh when I think about it now, but at the time it was awful. I was hurt and felt like a failure and like I was hurting those around me...you name it...the devil threw it my way....but God...exposed the wiles of the devil to me. I realized a pattern. It usually happened when the Lord was using me in some area like teaching, praying, going and so on...this last time it happened my pastor confirmed that to me. It was just the devil trying to stop me from doing what the Lord called me to do.

I was lying in bed just before I left for a mission trip a few weeks ago. I awoke to a dark thing holding me tight. I could not move at first or speak, but my thoughts went to Jesus. It let me go. I turned on my t.v to all Christian stuff and prayed and then let the Word fill my room. I did not let that hinder me from going. The devil tried to take me out but I am still here and the Lord is still mu Lord and according to the word of God he has to go!! The Lord promised me He would bruise him under my feet shortly.

The devil is a liar! He has no power over the believer. There is a little song that the children sing sometimes...one two three, the devil don't bother me...when I realized it was just the devil I wondered at myself...why on earth did I let that bother me...it's just the devil...:-) he cannot cross the blood line...nor can those who would try to cast spells my way etc...yes, they did that to me once, before I was saved. Praise the Lord for a praying grandmother and parents. Praise him for my salvation. Thank You Lord for the blood! :-)

Put on the whole armor of God...pray in the Spirit, making supplication for all the saints, with thanksgiving. Stand. Draw near to God, resist the devil and he will flee.

When the devil comes at you like a flood the SPIRIT OF GOD will lift up a standard against him.

No weapon form against me shall prosper! Nothing can seperate me from the love of Christ! He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it to the finish. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

Amen! :emot-highfive: God bless you as you serve Him!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I remember getting attacked physically at night in my bed when I really began to turn my life to Christ, especially the first time I really fasted. But all it took was the name of Jesus Christ to stop. At one point, if I can remember correctly, I was attacked 3 or 4 times in one night!

I know the feeling. I was brought to reading the Bible out of historical interest. I had yielded myself to the idea that the Bible could be true. Then devils somehow learned that I was coming to knowledge of the truth so they made a blitz to stop me.

I woke up one morning with a reptilian-like voice in my ear, "...and go and smoke." (I was rubbing the sleep out of my eyes when that sentence finished). I knew immediately that it was a devil, even though I was, at that time, a unbeliever. I have had lucid dreams before. This wasn't one of them.

Now I do not smoke, nor have I smoked more than one cig (which I d), but I had the strangest desire to run up town and buy cigs. It creeped me out as I pondered of things it commanded me to do before that conjunction, which had gone from me. I could figure it out, even! I had concupiscence that whole day. :rolleyes:

^It's scary about your cig story, for me, because it seems to suggest, if I've got this part right, that they can influence you even while you're sleeping? I think I've seen this in movies enough that I should be able to recall it, and maybe you know what I mean?, but it's like they can hypnotize you, or just the power of suggestion or pursuasion, when you're not even concious but have you ready to do what they said as soon as you wake? scary. I've read some fictional works where demons can influence peoples dreams, or just give them dreams, and they think it's something important, psychic. That kind of thing's scary enough. Err, I keep saying that a lot. Am sorry. :laugh:

Therefore, think about God, about the Bible, about Jesus, and the devil will not be in your thoughts at all. If we dont think about him, he has no power at all.

Amen. The Bible clears the mind. The more troubled one is the more he needs to read the word of God. That is all.

Joh 15:3 KJV

(3) Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

That's well-said too, about the Word clearing the mind. But it's scary and maybe sobering too to realize that just not thinking about satan could also be protection against/from his attacks, because thinking about him (in fear of what he'll do) is a way of letting him in?

Nobody in Christ should be afraid evil spirits. The Lord can see their day coming. Literally.

Psa 37:12-13 KJV

(12) The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.

(13) The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

^ That's a good reason to trust in the Lord for one's deliverance and strength, for all things but especially in matters related to the enemy, because He can see all ends, right? And even He knows that the devil's time for torment is short? I guess that's one of the lessons in Job. At least I think about it when it comes to Job's story: he was so close to giving up so many times, but in the end he found that it was better that he didn't, because the Lord was still right there with him? bleh, I"m sorry if I"m rambling, speaking nonsense, again. :24:

God can allow evil spirits to trouble his children if they wonder from his trust and become disobedient

^ Heh, that's a sobering thought, about how God can allow a person to be troubled in such a way until the one finds that he's turned away from God and therefore must go back to Him. It's still a loving thing though, that's the sense I get whenever I think of how God could let us be corrected at all, you know? He could just leave us to our devices, but out of Love He brings us back to Him?

For those of us who came out of drug and occult type bondage, it takes a little more than a simple repentance prayer for the demon torment to leave. We have to find out our authority "in Christ".

Being in prison and jail ministry what I am seeing is the demons keep on tormenting as trespassers until you get a revelation from God that they have to go.

Blessings, Karen

^ I can see that as being true. It would seem that the worse the occult or evil stuff one has been in beforehand, the harder it should be for deliverance, or clearing up. But I confuse myself with this actually, because I just had a thought: once a person is saved the Holy Spirit comes to dwell within him so that should mean that any spirits in him should be forced out, right? So, how does it work that they can come back and possess him again? Is it just because they have to work at it, even with bringing more of their own kind to help, starting with getting that person to doubt, to allow the negative thoughts to take control and maybe then they finally have that necessary loophole to leap back into him? It's a scary thing. But it just makes sense to me that deliverance of one tormented by them could be a difficult thing for the deliverer, as if the spirits get embedded in very deeply, like a bullet, or something like that. :24:

Yeah, you can be physically attacked, usually through demons working through other people. Remember Paul was physically attacked many times during his ministry. I was physically attacked at an Ozzie Osborne concert I attended many years ago. He was playing at the Coliseum in the city in which I lived at the time, and I thought I'd do my brother a favor and take him to the concert. Boy, what a mistake that was! I was threatened and physically struck by people who didn't even know me. It wasn't until later that I realized that the demons that were there didn't want me there, and I had been disobedient by even attending the concert. I've never been back there. I've had 3 different people even hiss at me when I've come upon them unawares, not like a snake, but more like what a cat does. Let me tell you, that will set you back a few steps!

I believe too that satan can use other people. I mean, if demons showed themselves regularly to many people, they'd be giving themselves away, right? but as it is, it's not a regularly occuring problem for most people, so from the occasional experience, at least surely outside of the Church, one can be deemed crazy for seeing those things. But the devil doesn't want people to believe he's real, or that he and his minions are really operating in our world, so they rarely show themselves, but a good way to still do their dirty work is to use other people to attack their target, then, in a way it could be assumed that it's just something wrong with the people and not a demon using or provoking them? Sorry, if I"m going off topic or rambling from my own crazy thoughts.

I don't agree... God has given me the gift of knowing when it is and when it isn't demons... I can feel it... I know. Actually no, I'm an mk... I live overseas, I can't even understand the language of the church I go to... I just came back on furlough, and at the church there, as far as I can remember they didn't talk of things like this...

Yeah, fear is a powerful thing, especially fear of God's enemies... I know that we have power over them... and they can take physical form before us... angels can too? If demons are fallen angels... then they could do the same, could they not?

Do humans eyes reflect light the way an animals do? When you shine light on a human/animal, you should be able to see them, no? Not just a shadow? I know what I saw, my boyfriend saw it before I did, pointed it out to me and he was scared... and he hadn't even experienced what I had before.....

I deleted the first part so as to make my post shorter but I couldn't really hold off on commenting. I don't mean to go off topic or treat this story as something for my own entertainment, it's just that I'm amazed at your experience. So far, I've never been told of (that I can recall at the moment) such an encounter. Understating the obvious but: it must have been horribly frightening! Praise God that you weren't alone. I know that's wrong in part because God is always with you and it's something to appreciate and be thankful for, but it's also hard to not admit that in some way human comfort is what we want too, err to not feel alone in such a bad experience because someone we know is there with us. But seriously, thank God for your safety that night. Maybe it had no intention of harming you but if it's ok to say, I'm glad that you had your bf with you. But anyway, I was going to comment on the light thing too. I agree that it had to be real, and I wasn't even there, because I know too that it's only animals' eyes that reflect light back at you if you shine it on them like that, doesn't and can't happen with humans. As far as scientists tell us, we don't store some light in any part of our eyes like that (is supposedly how cats can see better than we can in near darkness), and it couldn't have been a bug. I mean, we've all seen enough of those already to know that they move around, how would they stay together to make two pinpoints like eyes? I bet you had a enough time to look at it to see the eyes stay in place too, right? Frightening that you couldnt see it either when shining a light right at it. :blink:

God did not destroy the devil at the cross. Why do you think that?

Easily tricked because of drugs... hallucinations... and no, i was not hallucinationg.... i was perfectly fine when it happened, i was on the way to the bathroom... my boyfriend was going with me because it was dark out and... it was sort of a protection thing... it was the middle of the night... i went to the bathroom, came out and he pointed it out to me... he sounded kinda scared... i looked and didn't even see it at first... i saw this weird pale glowing thing then where you would suppose eyes to be i saw... well you know how animals eyes reflect in light... it was kind of like that.. just without the light to cause the reflection or whatever... it came closer to us and i shined my flashlight on it and i didn't see anything but a shadow of it... and it was far enough away that it was most definitely not our shadows... we started walking away really fast, a couple yards later i turned and it had moved so it could watch us, i could just see the glowing thing... i was not alone, i have a witness... i was NOT seeing things...

i have a question for YOU... are you a christian?

I guess I should have put this with your other one, but I read ahead and kind of put my thoughts on both of them. It's also creepy that it moved to a position where it could see you better. :24:

i also have had spiritual attacks i didnt understand what it meant at first but i did understand what it was....even before i learned about spiritual warfare...

the more i learned the more the attacks came...they came frequently for a while and i always felt extreme fear and paralysis but if i could just muster up enough strength to say the name of Jesus ...they would go away...

....and i felt God was making me stronger....teaching me how to ward off attacks and stand in my authority in His name...

i dont know why these attacks come in the night or while half asleep but they do feel real(because they are) ....but i was once told by a minister to stay around the people of God and it would keep the demons away...and since being blessed with a good christian friend ....ive found this to be true...

That makes sense too. It's like the fear for me of being alone and noticing the presence of such things has lessened the further away from God and the desire to get to know Him that I go, in the past and so on, because they're satisfied with how I'm falling away in my walk with God and doing wrong in His eyes, even unto the seemingly simple disobedience of listening to music that probably isn't good for me to listen to.

I guess it is as people have been saying, that the attacks pick up when we're useful to God, doing His work, or are just trying to keep up our relationship with Him? I had my own issues when I was trying to sleep too. The only two occasions that I can remember happened as if I were dreaming it but it had to have been happening to my spirit really, because I"ve never dreamt of such a thing before, or been afraid like that, I think. It was weird. I used to even get really scared sometimes at night when I'd just be nodding off to sleep, over at my aunt's home, because I had the sense that something was coming into the room. And I"d pray for a while until it went away. Thank God for every mercy.

Sounds like good advice too about having friends in the faith, how it helps...

Edited by heartofstone

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1

"Safe am I, Safe am I, In the hollow of His hand;

Sheltered o'er, Sheltered o'er, By His love forevermore.

No foe can harm me, no fear alarm me

For He keeps both day and night.

Sheltered o'er, Sheltered o'er, By His love forevermore."

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for your saving & keeping power! AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey all -

There is a good point with the above post.

I've been skimming through this thread, and mostly what I've seen is folks' encounters with demons.

I'm not hearing a whole lot about Jesus' deliverance.

So, for all of you who have posted about attacks, would you please share likewise your deliverance experience? Or if you have not, can we pray together with you for it?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Its a question that comes up here and there. I was just wondering if people on here experienced similar or different things like me.

Peace in Christ

I can relate, I used to have dreams, where they where like I was awake, of getting strangled by a shadow, they happened since I was 16, when I came to the Lord, they stopped for a while, then came back, and when ever I would try to rebuke it, My voice was mute, then finally, I fell asleep in a chair, and a demonic figure was on the couch next to me, I tried to rebuke it, but it was just a wisper, and it got in my face and laughed at me, I got upset, and started yelling at it, and ran into the kitchen, for some reason I heard christian music and was totaly empowered by the Holy Spirit, it left, when I woke up, to my suprise my mom left christian music playing in the kitchen. It's come back at times, but siince then it is rebuked with one name. Jesus. :noidea: