• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,126
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

46 minutes ago, Drafido said:

I've had joint pain due to bad posture.  In my 20s.  I corrected it by laying a flat board of wood under my mattress and only sleeping with one small pillow.  But it's taken around 15 years for my condition to heal.  I don't know if this technique might work for other people but it seems to have worked for me.

I am actually experiencing that now...   I may give that a try....   but then again, I'm 72 and no telling what's going to go out before I'm 87 LoL

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well I am not so much old as busted up. At 75 I am looking forward to at least one more career opportunities. Ache san dpains, I have had them all my life i just introduce the new ones to the old ones and tell them , party on.

My own So Ca  days were from 1959 Huntington Beach, Hwy 39,  racing wherever another vehicle was on the Hwy, batching my tickets and bringing my tooth brush  to court hearing like the sheriff's deputy advised. Turned out his police interceptor merc was faster than my Plymouth Sports Fury Convertible. I figured that out as I hit 115 and saw him shifting that three on a tree from second to third and still gaining on me. Wow was he fast.

I did a lot of So. Cal dumb things including making two CHIPs drop their bikes as I turned in front of them trying to race my way onto the Santa Ana Fwy. oops. And very expensive plus I was banned from LA county for a year.

But today?  I don't know just met a lady born in 1923 at the Blood lab getting her blood drawn. She was upright fast walking fast talking and energetic. Maybe old is not chronologic at all. Last thing  my own mom said  on her death bed at age 94 was "When will I ever get better again? She had been down for a couple weeks and finally into bed" Then she closed her eyes. She had been fine, in charge of her own home till the very last.

Old? a state of mind. The body? It is fragile from day one. At seventy five much of mine is now fused together, all the broken up stuff is  good to go,  it just doesn't bend  anymore. There is no old - just "well used".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

You can feel physically old at 40, but still have to plod on until you are 70 before you can retire. And yet someone at 75, who feels fit and healthy, and full of beans, can take it easy if they want, as they are retired.

You're right, Rebecca. And sometimes a fit and healthy older person, who is doing excellent work and doesn't want to quit, is forced out to pasture anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Goodness gracious, please don't remind me! :rolleyes:

Hmm . . . if you had to be reminded, I wonder if your memory is going, too . . . :o 

(Couldn't resist, BeauJangles :D. Just kidding, of course.)

• Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.83
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, Jubilea said:

You're right, Rebecca. And sometimes a fit and healthy older person, who is doing excellent work and doesn't want to quit, is forced out to pasture anyway.

Yes, that's right. They are forced to leave their job, all just because they are turning a certain age. I've heard loads of stories about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

when I realized that I was turning old when I turned 40 :)  I may still be young but I know i'm getting there to 50 lol

• Haha 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, other one said:

Well, I'm 72 and I'm not sure you understand "old" yet.   LoL

I'm not that far behind you oo and I can relate. God is with me every step of the way. That is a good thing :)

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Old?  Whose old?  I'll be 58 in a few weeks and I don't have a gray hair in my head!  :verkle:

Ah, but don't ask me about my knees!!  :th_frusty: :bored-1::consoling2:

It's the aches and pains - the arthritis in three of my fingers that aren't too bad yet, the joints [mainly the KNEES!], and the fact I can't move sometimes without the body saying, "What are you doing?  You are NOT 18 anymore!"  I get mad when it does that.

But I don't FEEL old inside, in the mind or the heart.  I don't think of myself as old, but I am older than I was last year.

I think old is relative.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

I would like to hear anyone from anyone else when they had their first "I'm getting old" moments/revelations.

It is hard to say.  Nearly all the people I went to school with are now grandparents.  I'm still raising a 13 year old.   But I do think all the new music is not really music.  Not like the music we had back in the 80's. Now that was real rock n roll.  I don't know what this whoop whoop stuff their playing now is.  I find myself saying stuff like that. :blink:

• Thumbs Up 2