• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, Firm Foundation said:

We often do things that are not right without meaning to.  Nobody has to ever commit premeditated sins.

And you'll still be held accountable for those.  Ignorance is not an excuse though the Court will take that into consideration as a mitigating factor....another clear teaching for those who can hear it.  it was STILL an exercise of the will, a CHOICE....with  consequences.

“And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.  But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Both servants, both members of the Master's household, one willfully rebellious, one ignorant....both disciplined...

And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”

Then some of the Pharisees who were with Him heard these words, and said to Him, “Are we blind also?”

Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, Jostler said:

And you'll still be held accountable for those.  Ignorance is not an excuse though the Court will take that into consideration as a mitigating factor....another clear teaching for those who can hear it.  it was STILL an exercise of the will, a CHOICE....with  consequences.

Both servants, both members of the Master's household, one willfully rebellious, one ignorant....both disciplined...

Hebrews makes it clear that God distinguishes between willful sins and ones done through ignorance.  I reject the false faith plus nothing lie.  Faith without works is dead.  Those who continue in sin are of the devil as John says, and it means your behavior, not just your inner man.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, mynickname said:

Jesus told me. So you are saying that it is impossible to stop wilfully sinning? Name one sin that cant be overcom

How’s your thought life,friend? Ever have a lustful though? You’re as guilty as an adulterer ,according to Jesus.

James said if you break just ONE of the commandments, you are guilty of breaking them all....do you repent of breaking 613 Law when you say your prayers at night?

For the sake of argument, let’s say you are as compliant to the Law as you claim to be....how about all those sins of ommision? Are you bringing strangers into your home to feed and clothe them .Did you visit the sick in the hospitals today? Can’t you ever get the POINT? To go your route of trying to justify yourself before God with your obedience, is a route that demands PERFECTION , and YOU CANT DO IT.God has provided a perfect alternative to our dilemma .It’s called Grace.Total forgiveness for ALL sins.Simply believe the Gospel and you qualify for the Grace  that the  Cross payed for.Get that weight off your shoulders and rest in what Christ did for you.Not easy at times, but at least it is “ possible”—- keeping the Law is not.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Hebrews makes it clear that God distinguishes between willful sins and ones done through ignorance.  I reject the false faith plus nothing lie.  Faith without works is dead.  Those who continue in sin are of the devil as John says, and it means your behavior, not just your inner man.

.....Willfull ignorance is almost as bad as Willfull sinning.....on display here is the former....Find the simple truth of Willfull  sins on the video provided by George.....check in the video section under Tozer.....Newbies especially.....don’t spend a second of your Christian walk in the needless fears conjured up by a simple misunderstanding of Hebrews 10.Lives can be ruined by not “ rightly dividing” the Word Of God.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

13 hours ago, mynickname said:

Does the Lord discipline you?
He often disciplines me, He is really stern. It is really painful. Most often He tells me the reason for disciplining me, so i can change. He gives me over to the devil for punishment if i do something He does not like. The devil then torments me, lies to me, he is pretending to be the Holy Spirit, so i really dont know who is talking to me, Jesus or the devil. After the chastisement is over He then reveals Himself to me again and i know His voice again and as i said, He most often tells me why i got chastised so i can change. It is painful, but im happy at the end. There were also cases in my life when the devil tormented me with sicness. The devil gave me a fever, i was shaking and coughing and i knew it was from the devil, becasuse Jesus showed this to me.

Proverbs 3, 11-12
11 My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline,and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

Hebrews 12, 5-10
5 And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says,

“My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline,
    and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
    and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”[a]

7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness

Rev. 3,19
19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

Hi mynickname,

I think you are misunderstanding how the Lord `disciplines` us. He teaches and guides us in the right way, (behaviour). The word `discipline` means to disciple and teach. We learn to hear His caring voice and not to choose our own selfish ways. It is the consequences of our wrong behaviour that we experience, it is NOT the Lord punishing us. The consequences make us `wake up` that we have done something wrong or said something hurtful. God does NOT give you pain or hand you over to the devil for punishment.

The Lord loves us and thus highlights our wrong behaviours that are bringing us pain. He is teaching us to NOT do or say those things.

You are being tricked by the enemy into thinking God is like the devil, mean and hurtful. Repent of such thoughts and get to know the real intention of the Lord to teach, guide and instruct, so we don`t get tricked by the deceitful devil.

praying, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,264
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Jostler said:

I agree.

This is my understanding;
Think of the root meaning of the word sin.
It comes from Greek/Hebrew archery  term, missing the target , or mark.
To sin is to miss God's mark, or target. His standard, for us. Simple
If I aim at His target and hit it, (righteousness) I hit the target, thus,  no sin.
I did the right thing, or righteousness. Again, simple.

If I see or know His target, and "willfully" do not aim at it, (unrighteousness) I miss or sin.
If I do not practice (read scripture etc) doing what is right (aiming at His targets) I will miss more often.
If I miss a target which I did not prepare for (practicing my aim), "out of ignorance",
then my ignorance also is additional target missed. Undisciplined walk. Lazy,no disciplined practice.

A target missed is a target missed, by the archer, me. No matter the 'flesh' reason.....
 God does desire to be perfect, (God is light, no darkness) though He knows man, thus,
our agreeing with Him
that we missed His mark, with no excuses, then forgiveness.  Back to practice.

When I trust and acknowledge the Lord, (Light) and lean not to my own understanding,
HE makes my path STRAIGHT! To the mark. He sees (light) what I have not. Yet.
When we miss big targets we get big correction, as is for better aim.(light) Normal in any great effort.
Small targets missed results in lesser correction. As scripture says.
Both times I miss the mark though. (darkness) Both times I sin.

I confess all sin. I agree with God. Light. No excuses. This is good. I want/desire to hit all the targets.
This adds light (true data) to my heart, brain, hard drive. It chases out the darkness (false data)
This will improve my aim. More targets hit.
More doing the right thing (righteousness)

John 3:19-21

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

15 hours ago, Who me said:

May I suggest that you talk with your minister.

All our sins, yes All our sins have been forgiven through the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Please read this passage:-

1John1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Jesus's blood purifies us from all sin.

I think you are being totally decived by evil spirits, which is why you need to talk to your minister or accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and ask for his cleansing and protection.

The conditions here are If we are in fellowship with God and other believers, then the blood cleanses us.  If you are no longer hearing from God you have lost the peace and joy of His presence.  If you are not active in a church or meeting with a close group of believers, and are not in fellowship, the sin may need to be confessed to God..  Most deliberate sin causes us to lose fellowship.  Even bad attitudes put me out of fellowship with the Lord.  There are unknown sins--those we are not aware of, accidental sins, sins of omission and such , and even obedience that is imperfect but the best we could do that may be covered by His blood  

All God does to chastise me is to withdraw His presence, joy and peace from me for a period of time.  I felt like an abandoned child.  Fear took the place of peace and the floor dropped out of my world.  I even raised my hand to be saved (again, and I don't even believe that is possible).  God was humbling me and showing me my self justification.  Never have I been tormented during that time, but I had turned away from every form of the occult and had forgiven all I knew or could do.   

The times that I have been lied to by the enemy were times of trials but not of chastening, and as soon as I identified it as ploy of the enemy I said "I don't have to listen to your lies" and it immediately left; sometimes as soon as I realized the enemy was trying to steal my joy  the heaviness of oppression would leave.  The enemy does attack when we are down or weak.  

•  
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Hmm. If God chastises me.. I wouldn't know it.. But i do feel he's very sweet to me. 

Sweeter than he should be...sometimes I feel God handles me with kid gloves lol

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

You are a bunch of great guys, but you have a wonderfull ability to miss the point.

mynickname says God has told him he is being punished/chastiesed for sins.

Jesus took the punishment for mynickname's sins so to punish him for those sins is unjust.

God is just.

So God has not spoken to him.

Who has?

He needs help.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,976
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Who me said:

Jesus took the punishment for mynickname's sins so to punish him for those sins is unjust.

But to get mynickname to yield to the will of God...and to train him through trials and testings...this is kind and loving of God. 

Heb 12:11
(11)  Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

The chastening of the Lord has trained me in many areas, and I know it is God's chastening done in His love for me because of what it produces...the peaceable (beneficial, health-giving) fruit of righteousness.

• Thumbs Up 1