IGNORED

Can Afflictions Be Linked To So-called "Unholy Ground" ???

Michael37

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I have searched the Scriptures on this and have an opinion on the aforementioned teaching and practices in play, but I would like others to put forward their opinions before I post more on the matter.

I've observed that some places, people, and objects just seem to have a bad spiritual presence about them that prayer and spiritual warfare seem to affect.  I've had instances in my life where I've observed such things firsthand.  I've heard similar testimonies from others and seen enough things I cannot simply chalk up to chance, random feelings, and the like.  I also take into account the testimonies of missionaries in some areas.

Now having said that, not everything we see is spiritual.  One missionary family I knew to a native American reservation starting having severe health problems that seemed to ebb and rise in various family members at various times.  They had ruled out medical causes and other things (with multiple trips to doctors) and assumed it was some sort of spiritual attack because there were other things going on.  It turns out they had carbon monoxide problems with their old furnace.  I don't say this to disprove spiritual things but rather to point out there can be more mundane causes of things at times.  

Scripturally speaking, direct NT explanation of this is somewhat sparse.  The OT support of there being places and things that are blessed and cursed seems consistent with things like this but not in a way to give clear guidance for regular Christian practice.  There are a few places in Acts (and other parts of the NT) which do seem to give some support for this idea that bad spiritual influences can be associated with people and objects and places but not enough to be definitive one way or another as to practice and explanation.  But there are practices in the church today that have scant NT directions that we take for granted such as the details of how our particular church conducts worship services.

The "experts" I've heard often engage in a lot of conjecture and I'm not convinced of their explanations.  Some strike me as thoughtful  and others as being overzealous.   I just listen to testimonies from people I consider most credible and try to learn from those.  The course of action I usually follow is to just go as I feel lead to do things.  As a couple of broad categories, there are times I pray (and explicitly out loud claim the blood of Christ) over places, people, and things to break negative spiritual things, and then there are times of prayers of blessing and anointing of a place for God's use. There are times I've observed tangible changes coming from this or heard others (who I never mentioned anything to) comment on tangible changes they've seen.   I don't go around looking for such things, but I keep it in the back of my mind as a possibility in some situations.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 hours ago, Michael37 said:

There is a teaching being repeated among some groups in my city to the effect that there are places in our cities, regions, country, and in the world in general, that constitute "unholy ground".

One time I went on a picnic with some of the other high school kids in church. We stopped somewhere way outside of city limits, and began to make our place, when we spotted something pretty horrifying. It was a small area where is was obvious two animals were sacrificed the previous evening. Evidence of a fire had been lit, and a pentagram with odd symbols were etched out in the ground. It was extremely creepy, and I suggested we vacate the vacinity immediately. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Michael37 said:

There is a teaching being repeated among some groups in my city to the effect that there are places in our cities, regions, country, and in the world in general, that constitute "unholy ground".

The premise is that occupying and walking in these places can be the source of a variety of afflictions among the uninitiated and unwary.

Upon such people being discerned by those claiming to be gifted experts as being contaminated in this way, they are then exhorted to avail themselves of those considered to be deliverance experts, often one and the same, who will set them free and bring about their healing if the afflictions are physical.

Apparently in my country one of the main examples of so-called "unholy ground" is wherever the early Maori inhabitants engaged in bloody conflict, both among themselves and with the early settlers.

I have searched the Scriptures on this and have an opinion on the aforementioned teaching and practices in play, but I would like others to put forward their opinions before I post more on the matter.

Thanks, Michael37 

I don't know if you are aware but New Zealand has some pretty serious witchcraft among it's people....    The Golden Dawn split some time ago and half stayed in the UK and the others went to New Zealand....    I'm not surprised that they are holding ceremonies around...   that section of the occult would be drawn to places where a lot of people died....

As for unholy ground I personally think that mainly pertains to the witches beliefs and is unholy to them (which they like)     As to a Christian who is filled with the Spirit I don't think a person would experience any ill affects from being around it.....   but there are spiritual forces in those areas that would give you an uneasy feeling...    but they can not hurt us spiritually so we should not fear them at all....

But don't take witches lightly if ones is not born again....   they do hold the powers of Lucifer and can certainly be  a serious problem to people who are not born again.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.29
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

One time I went on a picnic with some of the other high school kids in church. We stopped somewhere way outside of city limits, and began to make our place, when we spotted something pretty horrifying. It was a small area where is was obvious two animals were sacrificed the previous evening. Evidence of a fire had been lit, and a pentagram with odd symbols were etched out in the ground. It was extremely creepy, and I suggested we vacate the vacinity immediately. 

Firstly thanks to everyone for your responses. I'm heartened by the absence of dogmatic opinions, which are the very thing that the "unholy ground" fanatics are pushing in my area. Any problem with feet and the answer is automatically "You have walked or are walking on unholy ground."

While I agree that demonic, unholy, unclean spirits can be present in particular places I take care to avoid unbalanced extremists whose intentions are questionable and motives suspect. The dominating style of some who claim to have gifts of discernment, healing and deliverance is a red flag that warns of people who count on gullibility to gain control. 

I have often worked for Hindu, Buddhist, and Moslem clients, and been aware of demonic spirits occupying them and their environs. One Hindu women's garden was a veritable shrine to the false gods she was in bondage to, so I did as much weeding and trimming as I could in the name of Jesus as an ambassador of Christ, praying while I worked until the mounting oppression started to make me feel ill, at which time I stated I could do no more, got paid and left.

There are some obvious health and safety reasons for some of the OT laws relating to prohibitions against defiling the land. The OT is full of references to death, idolatry, sin and spilling of blood causing defilement of both land and people.

Lev 18:24-25
(24)  'Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you.
(25)  For the land is defiled; therefore I visit the punishment of its iniquity upon it, and the land vomits out its inhabitants.

Num 35:33-34
(33)  So you shall not pollute the land wherein you are: for blood it defiles the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.
(34)  Defile not therefore the land which you shall inhabit, wherein I dwell: for I the LORD dwell among the children of Israel.

Deu 21:23
(23)  His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but you shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that your land be not defiled, which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance.

Jer 16:18
(18)  And first I will repay double for their iniquity and their sin, because they have defiled My land; they have filled My inheritance with the carcasses of their detestable and abominable idols."

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,289
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Can Afflictions Be Linked To So-called "Unholy Ground" ???

Yes, Strongholds can be attached to Christians and that involves spirits of demons involved in these strongholds that need casting out.

Christ Jesus cast out demons and showed his disciples to do the same. We also need to cast out these strongholds from ourselves.

Repentance =turning to God and away from satan is part of the process towards becoming His new creation. The more we seek to live Holy through Him leading us to, the less the demons will come around, but if we willfully continue and neglect repenting and asking God to help us remove these strongholds, the demons have a legal right to remain.

Remember that God has promised to us:

1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV)

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  143
  • Content Count:  4,289
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Yes the answer is yes.

There are plenty of Christians living with strongholds held by demons that need deliverance.

Deliverance was part of Christ Jesus ministry and He also told his disciples to do the same. The same holds true for today.

Christians can have strongholds and need to seek repentance and deliverance from them.

Christ Jesus rebuked the demon that was in Peter and when Christ resurrected, Christ Jesus asked Peter three times do you love me Peter?

Peter had denied Christ three times and so when Christ resurrected He asked Peter three time if he truly loved Him.

He said to Peter if you do love me, then feed my sheep.

Christ Jesus if the same yesterday today and forever. Amen!

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.82
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I dont know about calling any place unholy ground, but there are areas of bad spiritual darkness. I dont think of it as the ground being evil but just an area where darkness is rampant. 

There are two of these areas that are pretty close to my home......There is a Federal Prison not far from me.A college Sociology Class that I was in took a tour of the place .Upon arrival for our tour, even just being in the parking lot you could feel “ something”.I don’t know what else to call it other than just a feeling of pure evil.In later years I knew two girls that worked there in Administration— NEVER had to go near any actual prisoners, yet had to leave because their nerves could not take it.

Another place a little farther away , in West Virginia, there in an isolated mountain setting , sits a big Temple that is where all those “ Hare Krishna” weird-os” live.They give tours and I went on one of them.Wow.Talk about a creepy place—- once again it was like evil just hung in the air.I was very happy to leave.If you are ever close by and get a chance to visit either of these two places— don’t go.Creepy.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Lev 18:24-25
(24)  'Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you.
(25)  For the land is defiled; therefore I visit the punishment of its iniquity upon it, and the land vomits out its inhabitants.

Num 35:33-34
(33)  So you shall not pollute the land wherein you are: for blood it defiles the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.
(34)  Defile not therefore the land which you shall inhabit, wherein I dwell: for I the LORD dwell among the children of Israel.

Deu 21:23
(23)  His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but you shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that your land be not defiled, which the LORD your God gives you for an inheritance.

Jer 16:18
(18)  And first I will repay double for their iniquity and their sin, because they have defiled My land; they have filled My inheritance with the carcasses of their detestable and abominable idols."

These are some stark and outright stunning passages of scriptures, bro. Truly amazing they are indeed. And this was also a really cool thread by the way, so thanks for posting it. God bless!

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,283
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

I felt that heavy darkness in San Francisco many years ago.  

Also when in the presence of a shaman who was possessed and acting like a snake.  When I got home my home, family and friends were filled with so much light, the contrast was overwhelming.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

8 minutes ago, Willa said:

I felt that heavy darkness in San Francisco many years ago.  

Me too. It was in the early 1970's, and was noticeable in certain areas in particular. Anton LaVey's First Church of Satan was established in 'the city', and it was called, The Black House. Creepy.