• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I'm not sure why George keeps quoting 8 days. There are only seven in a week

Shalom brother

The idea of the 8th day is symbolic of the new or beginning of something else.

So, if I said the 1st day you have no reason to think anything went beforehand. Whereas if I said the 8th day, you can conclude it's after 7 days (7 being a symbol of completion). 

Here is an easier way to think of it...

The musical scale of C Major is comprised of 7 notes. The first note is, of course C. If you were to play through the scale one note at a time (1,2,3 etc..) you would eventually complete the scale but if you were to continue up the piano you would play the same scale but in a higher octave.  In music theory, that first C you reach in the higher octave scale is both seen as the first note (of the higher octave scale) and the eighth note (of the lower octave scale you started with).  

In the same way, the first and eighth day are the same - Sunday. But, when I say 8th day, you know it's following a completed 7 days. 

I hooe I haven't made things more confusing! I'll shut up now. 

Love & Shalom 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Let's go through ... the 10th of Nissan ... is the day of CHOOSING the PASSOVER LAMB.  Then you have 3 DAYS of inspection of the Lamb.  Then on the 14th of Nissan you have the killing of the Passover lamb.

If Wednesday is the day as supposed ... count backwards and you'll find yourself in a situation where the entrance into Jerusalem would be on a Shabbat.  The crowds would not have gathered on Shabbat ... nor would the travelling distance from Bethany to Jerusalem be a shabbat travel day.  So if you MISS this day ... it messes the entire calendar up.

Now 3 days and 3 nights -- is not necessarily a 72 hour period.  Hence, look at the parable where some of the men came at different hours of the day ... all paid the same amount -- for a day's worth of work.  A partial day can easily be counted as a day.

If Wednesday is the day ... then you miss the CHOOSING  of the Passover lamb ... or you miss that the inspection process was not 3 days ... you run into another set of problems.

While this is not set in concrete ... in my humble opinion ... the choosing of the Lamb -- the 10th on Nissan took place Sunday ... the cleansing of the house took place ... Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday -- was the inspection process of the lamb ... the meal, the betrayal, etc takes place Wednesday night ... Thursday morning the judgment, Thursday afternoon the Lamb of God paid the sins of the world -- taken down and laid in the tomb -- Thursday -- day and night -- Friday -- day and night -- Saturday -- day and night -- before the break of day on Sunday -- he rises from the dead in connection to the Feast of Fruitfruits -- as He is the firstfruit of the resurrection.

You can take it or leave it ... it's a non-salvational issue.  But this is working out the Feast Days in conjunction with the 10th of Nissan going to the 14th of Nissan ... and finally the Feast of Firstfruits.

What is the 8th day? 

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/240898-hidden-mystery-of-the-8th-day-or-what-is-known-as-the-lords-day/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

52 minutes ago, Betha said:

Yashua did say He would rise on the 3rd day....so it would have to be WITHIN that time and NOT AFTER the FULL days and nights lasting into sunday.. Since He was placed into the tomb BEFORE sunset on Wednesday it is right for Him to rise before sunset saturday and still be within his predicted time of 3 complete days.

I'm more than willing to believe and accept this. It would also include this extremely informative premise that the Messiah was buried on a Wednesday, and resurrected on the Shabbat. It makes perfect sense to me, and thank you all for the well posted contributions to this thread. 

• Steward

Another aspect of this ... is you study the Misnah, you'll see that there was a difference in the observance between Judean and Galilean Jews concerning the Meal before Passover.  I'm sitting at the Dead Sea right now, but if you do some research, you'll find "seudah maphsehket" -- I'm not sure if that's the right transliteration ... but you'll discover something the "Fast of the Firstborn" ... and it's the meal on the 14th of Nissan before the Passover sacrifice.  It's a key component in this ... I don't have the time, but if you do a little bit of research -- you'll find another aspect of the timeline that is hidden away. 

God bless y'all in your research,

George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, George said:

Let's go through ... the 10th of Nissan ... is the day of CHOOSING the PASSOVER LAMB.  Then you have 3 DAYS of inspection of the Lamb.  Then on the 14th of Nissan you have the killing of the Passover lamb.

If Wednesday is the day as supposed ... count backwards and you'll find yourself in a situation where the entrance into Jerusalem would be on a Shabbat. 

Shalom George,

Wouldn't it work like this? Remembering, of course, that the days are run from Evening to Morning.

SUN 10th Nisan - Triumphant Entry (Choosing of the Lamb)

Three days of inspection follow...

1. MON 11th 
  2. TUES 12th
  3. WEDS 13th - The Crucifixion under an artificial/premature dusk brought on by Yahweh

Three days and nights of rest follow...

1. THURS 14th - Passover/Feast of Unleavened Bread(High Sabbath)
  2. FRI 15th - The women buy spices and perfumes "after" the Sabbath (mark 16:1) and "before" the sabbath (luke 23:56)
  3. SAT 16th - The Sabbath 

SUN 17th - Resurrection (First fruits)

This plan fits Scripture and would have taken place on the 6th April 32 AD, as indicated by Daniel's prophecy and explained by Robert Anderson.

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu

• Steward

@Tzephanyahu I know the timeline as I spent a month researching this, since it was crucial in witnessing to a Jewish person and getting this figured out Biblically.

The problem is on your timeline you have the death of Messiah on the 13th of Nissan ... this is the wrong day.  

The fast of the firstborn -- I found an article which explains the difference between the two customs at the time of Jesus because this is critical in understanding the last supper.

https://blog.israelbiblicalstudies.com/jewish-studies/last-supper-sign-jonah-2-2/

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Probably the wrong year and dates quoted... but please understand mia to sabbaton ... the first of the Sabbath towards Pentecost - (a week of Sabbaths). My Greek is not really a 'thing'...

https://miatonsabbaton.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/the-resurrection-of-yehoshua-on-mia-ton-sabbaton/

The key to understanding Yehoshua’s (Jesus’) resurrection day phrase from the inspired Word of God for the Greek text verses of Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, St. John 20:1,19; Acts 20:7, and 1 Corinthians 16:2 follows somewhat as ‘μια τῶν σαββατων’ which is transliterated as mia ton sabbaton and is translated to literally mean as; ‘one of the sabbaths’.

This phrase has been traditionally perceived, interpreted, and understood to read as ‘the first day of the week’  or less commonly as ‘the first of sabbaths’ in anidiomatic fashion where Hebrew weekdays are  determined in a referenced order from one weekly Sabbath to the next weekly Sabbath. 
 However, the resurrection day phrase the ‘first day of the week’ could have appeared in the Greek as;
‘πρώτο ημέρα του εβδομάδας’ of the original texts and transliterated as ‘prote hemera tis hebdomata’ but does NOT literally exist anywhere in any shape or form.

Consider specifically in all of the resurrection day passages stating the Koine Greek word ‘σαββατων which is transliterated as sabbaton where the literal English rendering is translated as ‘sabbaths’ and is plural of meaning in line with Greek Syntax rules. 

In the key resurrection verse of Matthew 28:1 the original Koine Greek word ‘σαββατων’ appears twicein the same sentence being plural in a literal meaning at both instances, i.e. MTH 28:1.

“οψε δε σαββατων τη επιφωσκουση εις μιανσαββατων ηλθεν μαρια η μαγδαληνη και η αλλη μαρια θεωρησαι τον ταφον”
GREEK TEXT – STEPHENS (Editor) 1550 – TEXTUS RECEPTUS

The full sentence of Matthew 28:1 would render closely like;
“Late (οψε) but (δε) sabbaths (σαββατων) to the (τη) lighting-up (επιφωσκουση) into (εις) one of (μιαν) sabbaths (σαββατων) Mary (μαρια) Magdalene (μαγδαληνη) and (και ) the (η) other (αλλη) Mary (μαρια) observed (θεωρησαι) the (τον) sepulchre (ταφον).”

What could this possibly mean according to Greek Syntax where the contrasting ‘sabbaths’ in the very same sentence have a duality of definement with a co-existance between one and another?

Hence, Matthew 28:1 may be describing details in meaning like ; ‘Late (adverb) (post-after-end) (genitive of separation) more-over (the annual Passover) sabbaths (plural) as it was lighting up (twi-lighting) on one (a cardinal number) of the (a partitive-genitive case function) sabbaths (plural)….’  etc.
Thus we are given a description of time pertaining to an interval when the Passover period was complete and had already finished. e.g. >>>

‘End (opse-adverbial) the 2 High sabbaths (Nisan 15 & 21  i.e. EX 12:16) of the Passover period onto a weekly sabbath ( 1 0f 7 ) or one sabbath from a ‘week’ of sabbaths within the 50 day counted duration between Passover (from the sheaf offering LEV 23:11,15,16) leading up to Pentecost.’

Thus, Yehoshua (Jesus) would have arrived at Bethany on Friday Nisan 8th being six days before the Passover on Thursday Nisan 14th A.D. 34. He was crucified on Wednesday Nisan 20th in the Passover preparation day (JHN 19:31) to Thursday Nisan 21 (Holy Convocation Day) and would resurrect 3 days and 3 nights later (Sign of Jonah/MTH 12:39, 40) on the weekly sabbath late afternoon of Saturday Nisan 23rd. This day being one integral sabbath in a week of sabbaths (7 weekly sabbaths) within the counted 50 day period leading up to Pentecost i.e. LEV 23:15. 

* To clarify the original intended meaning furthermore behind the mia ton sabbaton phrase, you may view a Word Press article entitled;

A TREATISE ON THE LORD’S DAY 
                                                  >>>

http://pmary65.wordpress.com/

by The Consolidated Christian Commemoration

* May God Bless You immensely with a sound Biblical understanding the mia ton sabbaton resurrection phrase.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Days Won:  30

As George pointed out, the lamb was chosen on the 10th, a Sunday, and was examined for 3 days, MON, Tue, Wed. then sacrificed on Thursday, the 14th of Nissan.  Jesus celebrated Passover on Wednesday night (ie Thursday) had the illegal trial, was crucified and taken down before sunset on Thursday, which began two holy days in a row:  Unleaven Bread and normal Sabbath on Friday and Saturday.  He arose sometime Saturday night (ie Sunday), which is the feast of First Fruits.  He was the first fruits from the grave.  So He was dead part Thursday, Thurs/Fri, Fi/Sat, and part Sat/Sun.  We are only told He arose prior to first light when the women arrived at the tomb.  

I celebrate First Fruits.  Should you judge me as hell bound for doing so, remember that I answer to my Master just as you answer to yours.  I do not condemn you for worshipping on Saturday.  It is your choice according to your conscience.  

Luk 6:37  Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

• Thumbs Up 1

Respectfully, please read the Greek and the Hebrew/Aramaic and see...

Abdicate gets it correct: I have studied this for the last ten years - a lot of work. I Think I know why...

Quoting Abdicate:

"The greatest problem with this subject is the lack of knowledge as (me) has pointed out. In 363 AD, the Catholic church decreed many things, here are three that are very important to the subject:

Site:  

Canon 29
Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honouring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.
Canon 37
It is not lawful to receive portions sent from the feasts of Jews or heretics, nor to feast together with them.
Canon 38
It is not lawful to receive unleavened bread from the Jews, nor to be partakers of their impiety.

From 363 AD to the 1517 AD, tradition was fully locked in on this subject and why dictionaries and most translations all read like the canons of the Council of Laodicea. Very antisemitic!

They separated the "church" from the "Jews" and did away with the linking of Jesus as a Jew. They changed the meaning of the word Sabbath (which even in Greek today, means Saturday) into "[day] of the week" thereby making Jesus a Sunday person instead of the Sabbath person which He Himself declared. At least the KJV admits they had to add [day] to the phrase because it does not appear in the Greek.

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Deuteronomy 5:12
“Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as Yahweh your God commanded you.

Genesis 2:2
On the seventh day God finished his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Also the Pharisees changed the day in which they keep the Passover instead of the 14th of Nisan to the 15th of Nisan which is why John said, over and over "the Jew's Passover" (John 2:13, 11:55) which they celebrated (even today) on the 15th of Nisan contrary to the word of God. I asked an Israeli Jewish friend why and he didn't have an answer.

Leviticus 23:5
In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month in the evening, is Yahweh’s Passover.

Then you have the changing of the calendar from Roman, to Julian, to Gregorian, and the year of the Jewish calendar after Jesus died to obfuscate Him as the Messiah. Now you have multiple sources for confusion concerning the day of the Lord's death and resurrection. I am not surprised by this at all. It was the single greatest blow to the devil the Father could do to him, so the devil created what he does best, confusion.

If you use the unbiased original versions (Greek and Hebrew) it's undeniable and irrefutable that Jesus died on Wednesday, 483 years 13 days after Daniel's prophecy, Daniel 9:25-26, just like the first Passover. And on the Hebrew calendar, the list of Wednesday that fall on 14 Nisan are:

• 9 April 27 (Julian)

• 5 April 30 (Julian)

• 20 March 37 (Julian)

With Daniel's prophecy to contend with, it could only have happened on 9 April 27 when Jesus died at the age of 32 and 5 month 28 days.

image.png.e3f00e5264911b5b926b484f51aa0e88.png

Of the 62 times σάββατον "Sabbaton" is translated, 8 times it's "[day] of the week" and  54 times as Sabbath. Every one of the 6 times, it is concerning Jesus' resurrection and once about fasting "twice a [week]" and bringing in the tithes on the "first [day] of the week". In Greek the word for "week" is εβδομάδα (evdomáda) and the word does NOT appear in the word of God.

Here is the proper translation of Matt 28.

Matthew 28:1
And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulcher

Leviticus 23:15-17
You shall count from the next day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven Sabbaths shall be completed: even to the next day after the seventh Sabbath you shall number fifty days; and you shall offer a new meal offering to Yahweh. You shall bring out of your habitations two loaves of bread for a wave offering made of two tenth parts of an ephah of fine flour. They shall be baked with yeast, for first fruits to Yahweh.

As with the truth, most dogma wins out and the truth is rejected. While some will say "what difference does it make" I say that the every jot and tittle means something and means what it says. Throw away your vain philosophies and doctrines of devils and return to the truth of the word of God. You cannot get it from any translation. With the advent of the internet, you have no excuse not to understand Greek and Hebrew with proper tools. Thanks to a lot of great dictionaries, you can through the Holy Spirit discern the truth. Study to show YOURSELF...

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew yourself approved unto God, a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

End quote.