IGNORED

should Christian influencers publicly and openly renounce their faith?

Equippers

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

In their view, they likely think they are not hurting anyone by telling the world they left their faith. They likely do not see the harm in doing so. They likely think they are taking the high road in being honest. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/1/2019 at 12:23 PM, Equippers said:

some of you may have heard that Marty Sampson, the high profile Christian music writer who formerly led worship and write songs for Hillsong had openly proclaimed himself as no longer a Christian.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marty-sampson-hillsong-christianity-doubt_n_5d605421e4b02cc97c8d8724

do you think he did the right thing by sharing his doubts so openly?

for me, i feel like you can look at this in several different ways

the first way is they should not be sharing their doubts so publicly, because it would lead to others abandoning their faith as well

the second way to look at the situation why they choose to leave their faith? and how we as Christians should deal with brothers and sisters who have lost their ways. i think we should be concerned at what is happening to them, pray for them and win them back to Christ.

the third way to look at the situation is their open sharing of doubts can be a great conversation starters. Because i imagine they are not the only Christians who struggles with their faith, and by them openly sharing their doubts, we can have a open, honest, public conversation about their doubts, which would help many Christians who are going through the same thing?

so what do you think?

The real need is for preaches to teach Christians about the faith and to answer questions and doubts.

Wintery knights today's post is about the shame or discard it is to preachers who will not educate, answer the doubts of Christians.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/1/2019 at 6:23 AM, Equippers said:

some of you may have heard that Marty Sampson, the high profile Christian music writer who formerly led worship and write songs for Hillsong had openly proclaimed himself as no longer a Christian.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marty-sampson-hillsong-christianity-doubt_n_5d605421e4b02cc97c8d8724

for me, i feel like you can look at this in several different ways

the first way is they should not be sharing their doubts so publicly, because it would lead to others abandoning their faith as well

the second way to look at the situation why they choose to leave their faith? and how we as Christians should deal with brothers and sisters who have lost their ways. i think we should be concerned at what is happening to them, pray for them and win them back to Christ.

the third way to look at the situation is their open sharing of doubts can be a great conversation starters. Because i imagine they are not the only Christians who struggles with their faith, and by them openly sharing their doubts, we can have a open, honest, public conversation about their doubts, which would help many Christians who are going through the same thing?

so what do you think?

2 Thessalonians 2:3 (KJV) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Falling away: ἀποστασία apostasía, ap-os-tas-ee'-ah, feminine of the same as G647; defection from truth (properly, the state) ("apostasy"):—falling away, forsake. feminine noun. 

IMO. We're seeing apostasy today like never before.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Debp said:

I wonder if they are married?  If so, probably their spouses are shocked.

Joshua Harris was married, and currently separated according to the article. Yeah, it's really sad. If someone wants to go nuts and jump into the LGBT lifestyle after years of marriage, that's one thing. But making an utterly shameless public statement and display is another altogether. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/1/2019 at 7:23 AM, Equippers said:

I'm not sure if making a post on your doubts for all the world to see is a good thing to do. But some people do communicate what they are going through better that way. I know that I do.  But I think that Christian should never feel afraid about sharing any doubts they may have with fellow Christians. All of us should be able to turn to a fellow Christian and share what we are feeling and share that we have doubts about things without fear of judgment. Sometimes you just need a good, Christian to help you break through stuff you are going through. No Christian should ever feel judgment or shame for sharing a weak point in their life with a fellow Christian.  We all go through things.  Anyway. That is how I feel about that. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Coming out publicly is all in satans plan. His whole mission is to discredit Christianity to the world. He loves to mock God’s truth. What better way than to show what seem to be good Christian men renounce their faith and support sinful lifestyles.

1Ti 4:1  The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

We have to keep our hands to the plow, and keep standing for Jesus. As my old mentor used to say, “we must continue to hold up the blood stained banner”.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not sure if making a post on your doubts for all the world to see is a good thing to do. But some people do communicate what they are going through better that way. I know that I do.  But I think that Christian should never feel afraid about sharing any doubts they may have with fellow Christians. All of us should be able to turn to a fellow Christian and share what we are feeling and share that we have doubts about things without fear of judgment. Sometimes you just need a good, Christian to help you break through stuff you are going through. No Christian should ever feel judgment or shame for sharing a weak point in their life with a fellow Christian.  We all go through things.  Anyway. That is how I feel about that. 

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (KJV) Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.  :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, saved34 said:

Coming out publicly is all in satans plan. His whole mission is to discredit Christianity to the world. He loves to mock God’s truth. What better way than to show what seem to be good Christian men renounce their faith and support sinful lifestyles.

1Ti 4:1  The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

We have to keep our hands to the plow, and keep standing for Jesus. As my old mentor used to say, “we must continue to hold up the blood stained banner”.

Was your “ old mentor” Oliver Greene by any chance? He used to be on the radio here everyday......I listened to him many hundreds of times.....excellant teacher....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

It would be nice to know where they really stand. If they do not believe then be honest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

42 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Was your “ old mentor” Oliver Greene by any chance? He used to be on the radio here everyday......I listened to him many hundreds of times.....excellant teacher....

Yep, I got saved under his ministry.