• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

10 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Satan entered Judas, do i hv to quote verse ?

Satan had Judas betray Jesus. Why would the devil want Jesus to die on the cross and redeem the world ? Is Satan that stupid ? He wanted Jesus to fall from obeying Gods will. That's why the attacks were so bad. Yet Jesus said not my will but yours. Our King forevet.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Satan did try and stop Jesus going to the cross, even through Peter.

Matthew 16:21-23;

21, From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. 

22, Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. 

23, But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. 

Satan knew Peter was weak in many areas, in fact Peter was a backslider as Scriptures show.

Peter was a back slider.

Matthew 26,
1. In verse 33, he boasted.
2. Made Christ a lier (v 33-35)
3. Slept instead of praying (v 40)
4. Failed to moritify the flesh (v 41)
5. Relied on the arm of flesh (v 51)
6. Forsook Christ and fled (v 56)
7. Followed afar off (v 58)
8. Sat with the Lords enemies (v 58)
9. Gave up hope-discouraged (v 58)
10. became afraid of men (v 69-74)
11. Lied (v 69-74)
12 Cursed (v 69-74).

In Matt. 26:58; "But Peter followed him afar off unto the high priest's palace, and went in, and sat with the servants, to see the end."

Fortunately unlike Judas who hung himself, Peter repented and was forgiven by God. Jesus had predicted his backsliding and re-conversion (Luke 22:31-34).

Edited by HAZARD
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

Satan entered Judas, do i hv to quote verse ?

To quote Albert Barnes from his commentary on Luke 22:3:

Regarding Satan and those he influences: He does not make them act contrary to their nature, but leads them on to “act out” their proper disposition.

In this case Judas sought financial gain at the expense of loyalty to Jesus and the other disciples, knowing there was a market for the duplicity to which he was disposed, already having been dishonest with the disciples' funds. 

Joh 12:4-6
(4)  Then said one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,
(5)  Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
(6)  This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Satan did try and stop Jesus going to the cross, even through Peter.

Numerous examples in the bible about a plot to keep Jesus from living long enough to go to the cross. 

King Herod's siege on young boy toddlers and babies.

Matthew 2:16 16Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.  KJV

Jesus being tempted by the devil in the wilderness.

Matthew 4:1-10 1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 5Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the LORD thy God. 8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the LORD thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.  KJV

The devil incited wrath against Jesus and the people accused Him of blasphemy, and attempt to stone Him.

John 8:56-59 56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.  KJV

John 10:27-36 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30I and my Father are one. 31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?  KJV

And we know Jesus was horribly scourged at the order of Pontius Pilate. It's amazing He survived that to make it to the cross. 

John 19:1 1Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.  KJV

Matthew 27:26 26Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.  KJV

Matthew 20:19 19And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.  KJV

Mark 15:15 15And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified.  KJV

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 9/27/2019 at 4:25 PM, Michael37 said:

The crucifixion of Christ was not Satan's plan, it was God's.

If you've been taught otherwise you have been misled.

Satan's plan was for Christ to forgo the Cross.

Do I need to post Scripture's?

I was unaware Satan had a plan. But by killing Jesus, the man who committed no sin, Satan lost his credibility, it would seem to me.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/28/2019 at 9:49 AM, Michael37 said:

Do you have Scriptures to support your claim, Ads?

You are the one made the assertion and asked::

So now when i ask you to supply scriptures to support your assertion that satan wanted to prevent Jesus from being executed you fail to supply them....  And ask me to supply scriptures to support a stance i have not yet made? 

So please supply scriptural support for your assertion that satan wanted to prevent Jesus from going to the cross..  I have no doubt that you cannot supply such scriptures..

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/27/2019 at 4:25 PM, Michael37 said:

I am not even going to reply to this post. It goes against my love for God. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, Michael37 said:

Hi Michael,

I agree that the crucifixion was God`s plan, however.....Satan did want to kill Jesus. Jesus Himself tells us this.

`But those vinedressers said among themselves, "This is the HEIR. Come let us KILL him, and the INHERITANCE will be ours."` (Mark 12: 7) 

God gave man dominion over the earth and we know that Satan deceived man and has held sway over him. Then Jesus came as a man and did not give away dominion of the earth, but even revealed authority over the demons. They knew who He was, `the Son of God,` and thus wanted to get rid of Him. Satan thought that by killing Jesus that he would get the earth as the `inheritance,` for he would have dominion over man. Satan also thought that Jesus would not be a man anymore (as killed) so would go back to being in the Godhead. 

However Satan did not know God`s plan, His wisdom. If he did he would not have killed Jesus.

``...none of the rulers of this age knew, (God`s wisdom); for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.` (1 Cor. 2: 8)

So what is the wisdom of God? Yes certainly for Jesus to die for our sins, but there is much more. Jesus didn`t just die for our sins and return to the Godhead as a spirit as He was before His incarnation. NO. Jesus returned to the Godhead as a GLORIFIED MAN. He has a glorified body which He never had before. And wonder of wonder, by His precious Holy Spirit He is making sons, (of men & women) who will also be GLORIFIED PEOPLE.

`For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the FIRST-BORN among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 29)

This revelation was NOT known in previous times. People who trusted God only had a revelation of an inheritance that connected to the earth.

This precious truth is overlooked and needs highlighting, so we can really have an appreciation of God`s great wisdom through the Lord Jesus Christ, the HEAD of HIS BODY.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

18 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Michael,

I agree that the crucifixion was God`s plan, however.....Satan did want to kill Jesus. Jesus Himself tells us this.

`But those vinedressers said among themselves, "This is the HEIR. Come let us KILL him, and the INHERITANCE will be ours."` (Mark 12: 7) 

God gave man dominion over the earth and we know that Satan deceived man and has held sway over him. Then Jesus came as a man and did not give away dominion of the earth, but even revealed authority over the demons. They knew who He was, `the Son of God,` and thus wanted to get rid of Him. Satan thought that by killing Jesus that he would get the earth as the `inheritance,` for he would have dominion over man. Satan also thought that Jesus would not be a man anymore (as killed) so would go back to being in the Godhead. 

However Satan did not know God`s plan, His wisdom. If he did he would not have killed Jesus.

``...none of the rulers of this age knew, (God`s wisdom); for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.` (1 Cor. 2: 8)

So what is the wisdom of God? Yes certainly for Jesus to die for our sins, but there is much more. Jesus didn`t just die for our sins and return to the Godhead as a spirit as He was before His incarnation. NO. Jesus returned to the Godhead as a GLORIFIED MAN. He has a glorified body which He never had before. And wonder of wonder, by His precious Holy Spirit He is making sons, (of men & women) who will also be GLORIFIED PEOPLE.

`For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the FIRST-BORN among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 29)

This revelation was NOT known in previous times. People who trusted God only had a revelation of an inheritance that connected to the earth.

This precious truth is overlooked and needs highlighting, so we can really have an appreciation of God`s great wisdom through the Lord Jesus Christ, the HEAD of HIS BODY.

regards, Marilyn.

Thanks for all the input on both sides. I stand by my OP. Adstar, the Scriptures have been provided. Perhaps you have missed them. Here's another to remember.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

John 10:17-18

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

King James Version (KJV)