IGNORED

Ways to protect myself during and after pregnancy...

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

52 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I prefer to consider myself the recipient of answer  to prayer. 

I know several born again Christians who have been accosted over the years....    and I myself am among that group...   so do we just not deserve the protection....    bad things happen to good people all the time Neighbor....    people get hurt and sick and shot, beat up and mistreated in all ways.....  but I have had God step in and save me some serious harm also;  saved my life twice that I know of.  He's also given me some common sense to help take care of myself.

Do you ever get death threats from people  you've interfaced with?

If none of this has happened to you, why are you so special.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/10/2019 at 6:04 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I just got the scare of my life. I was walking my dogs. Theyre small and all of a sudden a unleashed big grey dog runs up and I was scared so i let go of them. I got the dogs not too long ago ..so they have issues like not being socialized and with limited funds I can only do so much. 

Everyrhing is fine now. The owner got his dog but it scared me at how defenseless I was. Im 39 wks pregnant. That dog could have ripped me to shreds as I can barely run. Theres alot of dogs that are unleashed that roam around here and it scares me but im tired of beinf scared. 

What are some ways i can protect myself not just against animals but people as well? 

What would have done in this situation?

I hate that im so far along bc im so vulnerable. I wish my baby would come bc im too vulnerable rn and its annoying not beinf able to do anything.Where

Where is ur husband ?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, other one said:

Do you ever get death threats from people  you've interfaced with?

If none of this has happened to you, why are you so special.

Death threats?  No, not really. Perhaps no one takes me  so very seriously as to get all that upset.  Be kinda silly  of anyone to waste their time on that. 

And special?  I grew up in Greater Boston ghettos, seen the wrong end of a butterfly blade, been shot at, hunted, beat up. But ya know, there is little sense in holding onto all that stuff for life and shaping my life around it's harsher moments, however long or short it may be.

God is sovereign. He answers prayer. That is good enough weaponry for me. Why even if something bad happens the worst day of my life will also be my best. I will get to say, Hello Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The elderly and disabled are also particularly vulnerable.  But I used to walk for exercise and was bitten once by a dog that came up behind me and bit me on the back of the let quite badly.  I was told it might have had a brain tumor, but one of the owners said it had been abused by one of the teens that lived there.  Not long after my leg healed I was seriously threatened by a German Shepherd that had recently been adopted and the owners let it run without being under control.  It kept circling me with its teeth bared.  The owner finally saw me and got between me and the dog.  I was about a half a block from the dog's home.  I don't walk anymore.  At the time I investigated options for protection and learned that everything was illegal here.  Pepper spray was legal only for protection from bears.  So it would be best to find out what your local laws are.  

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/9/2019 at 7:04 PM, Figure of eighty said:

I just got the scare of my life. I was walking my dogs. Theyre small and all of a sudden a unleashed big grey dog runs up and I was scared so i let go of them. I got the dogs not too long ago ..so they have issues like not being socialized and with limited funds I can only do so much. 

Everyrhing is fine now. The owner got his dog but it scared me at how defenseless I was. Im 39 wks pregnant. That dog could have ripped me to shreds as I can barely run. Theres alot of dogs that are unleashed that roam around here and it scares me but im tired of beinf scared. 

What are some ways i can protect myself not just against animals but people as well? 

What would have done in this situation?

I hate that im so far along bc im so vulnerable. I wish my baby would come bc im too vulnerable rn and its annoying not beinf able to do anything.

Going back to the opening post questions. I  think a young mom has enough to do taking care of a baby; she does not need to care for anyone's dogs.

Regarding personal safety, simply be prudent,  make friends with other moms, and be with them often as possible, walk in malls as example of places that are the safer places to be.

May God bless the adventure.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

40 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Going back to the opening post questions. I  think a young mom has enough to do taking care of a baby; she does not need to care for anyone's dogs.

Absolutely! You'll have time for baby and yourself. Period. Let the squatters tend to walking the dogs.

41 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Regarding personal safety, simply be prudent,  make friends with other moms, and be with them often as possible, walk in malls as example of places that are the safer places to be.

An excellent networking situation that sounds ideal. And a  priceless gem of advice as well. 

41 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

May God bless the adventure.

Adventure guaranteed! May the Lord bless you in His abundance beyond containing it all. 

Psalm 23:5-6 5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.  KJV

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Where Im at Ive seen quite a few dogs roam unleashed and it baffles me how irresponsible owners can be.

My brother told me a story/ pointer about how when he'd walk to work he'd encouter dogs coming up to him and barking that its best to not run. He'd just stare them down let them sniff and they'd eventually leave him alone.

The whole ordeal yesterday made me realize that I need protection not just for myself but my baby too and not only from animals but people that intend to do harm.

I hate being vulnerable.

Idk i may need a small little pistol or something.

Please talk to your minister. Your desire to protect your unborn baby is perfectly natural.

But a small pistoil is no defence against a dog attacking you.

You have to identify the threat, a dog leaping up at you or a man jumping out from behind a tree. Pull the gun out from where it is held. Present the gun, ready to fire, fire and hit the atacker.

A walking stick or spring relase umberella is already in your hand and can be brought up fo a dog to bite or to keep the dog or other attacker at a distance.

This plus either a hi pitched co2 whistle alarm or pepper spray is more affective than a gun in the bottom of your handbag.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:
Thank you, @other one ... this is something I've asked my brothers and sisters before.  I've been blamed, guilted, and shamed .... told it was my own fault that I've experienced threats and still to this day am under threat (many times, acted upon).  It isn't because God doesn't care.  I know He has a purpose for what He allows.  I've experienced protection, deliverance... and I've experienced threats carried out against myself and my loved ones.  In all these things, we are still His .... He is good, and He is faithful.  

Well bless his heart, to me it seems Neighbor is living in a dream world

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

15 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I can keep the small dogs under control. Its just they cane to us in bad shape. They arent socialized among a few other things. 

And yeah were planning on moving soon. As i left for an appointment today I saw another big dog roaming without a leash on. Idk whats wrong with the owners. Its not safe to have your dogs roam like that.

if you let the dogs go when the larger one went after you, you really arnt keeping them under control. What you did was panic and freeze-hence the dogs getting loose. And if you dont learn not to panic and freeze, then no matter what you carry, it wont do you any good. keeping calm and your wits about you is necessary no matter the situation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/10/2019 at 5:49 PM, other one said:

consider yourself very lucky....   I've been mugged twice and three times my carrying a weapon stopped them trying...   I've been attacked by more than one dog just doing my job and once just walking down the street in my own neighborhood.   We have people attacked by dogs while riding their bicycles down the street...

Wow thats crazy :/ 

This world isnt perfect so i defintely want to carry something and protect myself and baby.