Is rock music just fun?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I find it interesting that whenever we don't like something, we make the claim that it is satanic and of the devil.   

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Ah! Yes, it's called subliminal messaging. Some young man back in the 1970's with a reel-to-reel tape recorder, began duplicating numerous popular album oriented FM radio top hit songs of the day, and accidentally discovered backward-masking. It was a hypothesis of his that groups were sending secret and often satanic messages through their lyrics.

By playing back the songs backwards, certain lines to these songs were touted as satanic suggestions. I listened to quite a few of them, as this young man appeared on all the big television variety and talk shows. Some of them did sound very close to what was alleged, and some not so much. In the end, most came to the conclusion that it was merely coincidental.  

Story from my youth: 

When I was in youth group, one of our youth leaders brought in a video explaining that rock music was evil and if you play the records backwards (we had records back then) you could hear all these hidden messages that would get into your head and make you worship the devil, take drugs, and  suicide.  I spent the next few weeks after that playing all my records backwards to see if I could hear any hidden messages telling me to take drugs and kill myself.  I never found any.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Alfred E. Neuman’s Hit song  “ It’s A Gas” had a message that was “ in your face!”  You can hear it  in You Tube—-Listen to it— If you dare!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

I find it interesting that you would dismiss my experience in such a way, LadyKay.

Did I quote you?  Because I was just making a general comment not direct towards anyone.  :huh:

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

54 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I know that Iron Maiden was never Satanic in their content even in light of their album "The Number of the Beast." They were accused of implanting subliminal messages in their music which is something I know to be patently false. Hardly.

The illustrations on their LP covers were frightening enough to encourage steering clear of them. 

24 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

You were Christian during their heyday, right?

Yeah, you have a valid point there. 

25 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm referring to Slayer (their album covers are vile, which is what I think you're referring to).

Oh, okay. I suppose it's kind of easy for me to lump them all together, especially by name. Megadeath, and some less familiars such as, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Devourment, Bloodbath, Cryptopsy, Slipknot, Obituary, Decapitated, Brian Drill, Abominable Putridity, Skinless, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Thy Art is Murder, The Berzerker, Napalm Death, Deeds of Flesh, Carcass, and Malevolent Creation.

Oh, dear. Suddenly don't feel very well. A few were too offensive to post, and these were bad enough. Never listened to any of it. I have been assaulted a few times by Marilyn Manson on the radio, and quickly changed stations. Caught brief snippets of some of his videos. He was one sad sick case. Whatever happened to him anyway? Alice Cooper in my day was mild by far in comparison. So was David Bowie in drag.     

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

Here's how things look from my end, LadyKay:

Here's what you posted later on.

Sure seems like you're addressing me in a passively horizontal fashion, doesn't it? You didn't have to identify me by name.

I am sorry you feel that way but I was not addressing you. If I address someone I quote them. I am not shy in letting people know what I think. 

With that said I think I am now done with this topic.  Since this topic is very much bringing to my mind Romes 14:1 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 

I see this as a disputable matter. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

35 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, you have a valid point there. 

Oh, okay. I suppose it's kind of easy for me to lump them all together, especially by name. Megadeath, and some less familiars such as, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Devourment, Bloodbath, Cryptopsy, Slipknot, Obituary, Decapitated, Brian Drill, Abominable Putridity, Skinless, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Thy Art is Murder, The Berzerker, Napalm Death, Deeds of Flesh, Carcass, and Malevolent Creation.

Oh, dear. Suddenly don't feel very well. A few were too offensive to post, and these were bad enough. Never listened to any of it. I have been assaulted a few times by Marilyn Manson on the radio, and quickly changed stations. Caught brief snippets of some of his videos. He was one sad sick case. Whatever happened to him anyway? Alice Cooper in my day was mild by far in comparison. So was David Bowie in drag.     

Mr Beauhangles, please carefully put down your past and back away slowly!  :D

Now, hope you feel better! :thumbs_up:

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Marilyn Manson was smart enough to know that to make money all you have to do is be more outrageous than the guy that preceded you—— he out shocked  Ozzie, who out shocked Alice Cooper, who outshocked.....well, I think you get the picture......I can remember when Elvis the Pelvis was considered shocking.....lol

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Mr Beauhangles, please carefully put down your past and back away slowly!  :D

Now, hope you feel better! :thumbs_up:

Sorry... :b: Okay, well it wasn't a bad topic for while. I'll just go and sit in the 'time-out corner' now. 

• Loved it! 1