• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Actually that is from Ecclesiastes 3 English Standard Version (ESV) it  is not a neighbor said.

Does it not show the concept of spirit in animals? Is spirit temporal or eternal? The fuller context also states that man is but a beast himself. Perhaps the question is whether  there is a resurrection of animals other the the beast man.

At the sound of the trump will there be a rising of a spiritual body of animals other then man? Doesn't my Lord and savior Jesus return upon a white horse? Is it a physical bodied horse?

Though I can't say here here is the answer to whether animals are at heaven nor the new earth and new heaven, I do personally hold to a conclusion that animals have body, spirit, and soul. And that soul never dies.

Much like the idea conveyed that there was light and also dark before the making of the sun and the moon( The subject of another thread) is there not reason to understand that in the blood is the life? Th eblood is always the important component is it not?  The flesh retuns to dust, but the blood even if soaked up into the earth cries out.  To e that indicates a  permanence of some type within the blood.When I look to the system of priestly appointed sacrifice and the role of the blood. It's  temporary sufficiency in covering sin as example, I find there is something of great value that has come as part of a physical  presence of a creature. 

Our Lord and savior gave his blood of course, He being the perfect sacrifice the perfect covering of sin for those that believe on him as lord God and savior. To say with authority that animals have no soul that animals cease to exist at their fleshly death seems an over reach to me. I personally lean toward the conclusion that  they are no less beast than man is. The question for me then is; did Jesus  sacrifice for animals as well as those humans that believe on him by the calling to each of them by God the Holy Spirit?

Is there a natural innocence in animals? I do not think there is. But I do not have knowledge one way nor another.

I accept  that animals bring great pleasure to man, even the wildest of them fascinate. And so I would like to think that some pleasure of that sort is also part of eternity to come.

I do like to hope  their spirit is eternal and not just limited to  going into the present earth.

I also regret not having been smarter and kinder at times to and for the sake of animals in general, and pets in particular. I feel I have had my own failing in best kindness to them all for not having better understanding of their needs and wants,  and their limitations. Animals seem to me to be part of the learning, the learning curve, for me anyway.

Becoming a good shepherd to an animal is work, takes some real learned skill. It is far more than just putting out a bowl of food and water. I admire the good husbandry  that is taught  by a few that seem to have such a grand gift, the knowledge of working well with animals, beasts of burden, wild ones, and pets.

I do miss all the pets God has granted me over the many  many years. I thank God for them.

Very interesting questions to indeed study into, as missmuffet also brought questions of new avenues worth exploring to our table. 

I'm delighted to study and learn and grow in the things of God. His word is absolutely the most precious gift ( of course Christ being the first precious gift, but also being the word made flesh) that we could have in our lives. We find everything we need within the blessed pages!!!

Thank you for sharing this and offering news avenues of study.

May God bless you ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

Shalom @Revlori

14 hours ago, Revlori said:

Ok my question is: Are pets in heaven?

I believe they are with confidence.

How selfish of humans to think that Yahweh only cares about them.  Yahweh cares for all His Creation - even the very earth itself!  

If New Jerusalem is to be populated with animals, does Yahweh then create them again?  Or are they ones from this life?  Both are possible, but I believe they are from this life.  

Now, Scripture says that the 'life is in the blood'.  Certainly animals have blood and so surely they have a life that cries out to Yahweh, post death, just as a humans does when it is spilt.  

Finally, in the apocryphal books there are portions which talk about all animals being able to converse with man, until the fall.  As wild as this sounds, many owners of pets will attest to a form of communication between them, even if it isn't with words.  With this in mind, consider the Balaam's donkey when it began to speak to Balaam in the book of Numbers.  It reads that God "opened" the donkey's mouth.  Not spoke through it, not gave it speech, but rather "opened" it - as if it was once closed.  Consider the serpent talking with Adam and Eve as well.  Did they find it peculiar that the serpent spoke? It doesn't seem like it.

Therefore, I think in the next life we will see old pets and all kinds of variety of animals now extinct and will have some form of harmonious communication with them, as we walk in the same glory that Adam once walked in.

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

7 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom @Revlori

I believe they are with confidence.

How selfish of humans to think that Yahweh only cares about them.  Yahweh cares for all His Creation - even the very earth itself!  

If New Jerusalem is to be populated with animals, does Yahweh then create them again?  Or are they ones from this life?  Both are possible, but I believe they are from this life.  

Now, Scripture says that the 'life is in the blood'.  Certainly animals have blood and so surely they have a life that cries out to Yahweh, post death, just as a humans does when it is spilt.  

Finally, in the apocryphal books there are portions which talk about all animals being able to converse with man, until the fall.  As wild as this sounds, many owners of pets will attest to a form of communication between them, even if it isn't with words.  With this in mind, consider the Balaam's donkey when it began to speak to Balaam in the book of Numbers.  It reads that God "opened" the donkey's mouth.  Not spoke through it, not gave it speech, but rather "opened" it - as if it was once closed.  Consider the serpent talking with Adam and Eve as well.  Did they find it peculiar that the serpent spoke? It doesn't seem like it.

Therefore, I think in the next life we will see old pets and all kinds of variety of animals now extinct and will have some form of harmonious communication with them, as we walk in the same glory that Adam once walked in.

Love & Shalom 

This is also a wonderful concept to consider and study into. I never thought that when I asked this question, that I personally would receive so much insight. This is fascinating to me. I love to study and learn. With so many wonderful new friends posting their beautiful views, I think my study time is going to be booked for many months to come.

Thank you for sharing this, may God bless you ?

• Praise God! 1

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Son said:

Hi. I have also given this topic a good thought and concluded that we just don't know like many other things that we ask ourselves. There is no definitive biblical proof for or against, just little snippets here and there that lightly support it and cases people make for and against. I love animals so I hope they will be there. God Bless

Amen. I'm seeing the response of everyone to be very beneficial to me personally and it has indeed opened up new avenues of study for me. I also love animals, my personal pets and all of God's creator's. I believe they serve many purposes ( all of the creator's) from providing us joy to food...God's perfect design is always to be admired!

Thank you for sharing your view,may God bless you ? 

4 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

Personally. I think they will, and I have Biblical reasons for this belief.

I've written a long article on this. I won't post it here (because it's long), but you can read it here (it's in two parts): https://deborahsbiblestudies.wordpress.com/2015/02/14/do-our-pets-go-to-heaven/     

https://deborahsbiblestudies.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/do-our-pets-go-to-heaven-2/   

Just wanted to say I have read your articles and I've personally found them a blessing and biblically sound. For me, they will be used as a tool for my own personal study.I greatly appreciate you posting them and can only encourage everyone to adleast read them. Even when one disagrees with our view on any subject, I believe that one must adleast be informed before they can disagree.

Thank you for sharing this,may God bless you ?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

Hi sister, I read your thread when you first posted it, ...but didn't really know what or how to reply, ...since then the Holy Spirit has lead me to a couple of verses in the Creation account.

We read in Genesis 1:1 that, God created the Heavens and the Earth, ...the word "created" is bârâ', which means God created what He was thinking in His mind, ...to put it in human terms so that we can understand, ...when He "created" the Heavens and the Earth it was what He was thinking and it "came" into existence.

The second time we find the word bârâ', is in verse 21 when He created the whales, and that probably includes the other mammals the live in the oceans, ...undoubtedly He used the elements found on/in the earth, so what did He create bârâ', ...their souls, ...we all know animals have souls, ...that's what our soul connects with in our pets and they are capable of showing emotions and affections, even love. 

The third time we find the word bârâ', used in in verse 27 when He created man, the Word tells us man was made ‛âśâh, formed, from the dust of the earth, ...since man was made in the image and likeness of God, and God has a Soul and is Spirit, ...the bârâ', part of man had to be his soul and spirit.

Now, since bârâ', means God created what was in His mind, and it's impossible for God to forget something, ...yet He has chosen to forget our sin, ...then are the souls of our pets still in His mind, ...I tend to think so, ...personally I believe He will reunite us with our cherished pets, ...for the simple reason that love is forever, we all have lost a loved one, that love doesn't die, ...it just the "separation" becomes accepted, ...the love our pets had for us, did it die with the animal or is it still alive in the Mind of God?

Guess we will have to with until we arrive to know for certain, ...but again, ...I believe we will be reunited with them again.

Lord bless

5 minutes ago, anynmsfmle said:

I absolutely hope so. I don't have much to say about it, I just absolutely hope so.

Thanks for your response my new friend. I hope you are enjoying being With us and getting familiar with everything, as well as making new friends.

God bless ?

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Hi there, so you are saying you believe animals will be in Heaven? My family and I never believed in this, we always thought that animals have their own life here on earth and then that is it for them. However, we always believed that mankind has his own soul, therefore granting him an afterlife. But if this is biblically sound I don't know.

Edited by JacquelineDeane55

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

On 11/24/2019 at 9:52 AM, Revlori said:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask a question.

Before I ask the question however, I'd like to ask if those who are willing to respond to this question, could discuss this without arguments( please) 

I believe a forum is where we can all come together and express our opinions, beliefs, God's holy word and learn and grow together. Even if we find ourselves in disagreement, we can answer the questions in this thread and all threads without arguments. We are to set an example to others!

Ok my question is: Are pets in heaven?

I have looked into the word and found some verses, could they indicate that pet's are in heaven? Could they indicate that they will be with us forever?

Isaiah 11:6-9 - The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isaiah 65:25 - The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

1 Corinthians 2:9 - But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Revelation 5:13 - And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Luke 12:6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.

Thanks for reading and I'm not sure if this was spoken of before here, I'm sorry if it was but  I haven't seen anything about this.

I'm really wondering what each one thinks of this question.

God bless my friends ?

Hi Revlori.

There are horses mentioned throughout the Bible. So of horses are in Heaven, then other animals must also be there.

Romans 1:20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Animals are mentioned as being in Heaven in these following Scriptures; (2 Kings 2:11-12; 6:13-17; Zech. 1:8-11: 6:1-8; Rev. 19:11-14, 21: Rom. 1:20).

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

My beloved cat is living his last weeks since the beginning of March. He has been in my life since he was 15 days of age, he has 12 years of a very happy life. When i think about losing him and wonder of what will happen, i am only sure of one thing and that thing is plenty: God's plans are better than mine. Whatever is the future, it is what is perfect for my cat. So, in this i rest my sadness. I will miss him dearly. Our God is our certainty and consolation, we don't need to make sure of everything He has planned.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1