Walking Chipmunk

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Are you humans not like 70-90% water based?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

No one is advising against fasts, but what everyone in the thread is saying that a fast of no food for 40 days and only intaking water during that time is very dangerous. There is a big difference in giving unasked for advice and answering someone that is seeking advice. You came here asking what our thoughts were on a 40 day water fast. And is now upset and all bent out of shape because we aren't telling you what you want to hear.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,623
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, The Survivor said:

Are you humans not like 70-90% water based?

Yes, but not water soluble.

Further dilution flushes the body, overworks kidneys as well as liver, changes ph, stresses the heart lungs and causes malfunction of the brain. It can and will reduce electrolyte count to the point of causing death.  Simply put it is a stupid mans game.

I have stupidly played it under supervision where I was being monitored by a Christian that though he had the answer the "program" of fasting and ph balancing for best spiritual and physical  health with long life.

The "program" helped cut my wife's life shorter than it could have been  if she had not gotten involved  and had instead when she had symptoms of a problem sought the proper medical help she needed.  In fact the spiritual health  fasting program  killed her. 

• Praying! 2

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Yes, but not water soluble.

Further dilution flushes the body, overworks kidneys as well as liver, changes ph, stresses the heart lungs and causes malfunction of the brain. It can and will reduce electrolyte count to the point of causing death.  Simply put it is a stupid mans game.

I have stupidly played it under supervision where I was being monitored by a Christian that though he had the answer the "program" of fasting and ph balancing for best spiritual and physical  health with long life.

The "program" helped cut my wife's life shorter than it could have been  if she had not gotten involved  and had instead when she had symptoms of a problem sought the proper medical help she needed.  In fact the spiritual health  fasting program  killed her. 

Dear brother, I am so very sorry and was not aware of this. Hopefully, this will be a message to be taken quite seriously for the opster in this instance. Reasons and purposes for fasting need to have every angle of health issue to be brought into proper perspective. Every factor of risk should be considered, and fasting should not be simply to become more spiritual. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/12/2020 at 1:00 AM, Walking Chipmunk said:

So i'm thinking (discerning) pretty seriously about finding a way to do 40 day water fast.  I have studied it in the past,  and it is a bucket list item. I have various healings, both physical and soulish in mind.

This will require some planning around werk, seasonal home activities (getting firewood in), any appointments or meetings or family events...missions trips...

Perhaps i'll involve a doctor just to document and keep tabs, and then various spiritual supports.  

Any experiences here with a 40 day water fast?  Or a link to a thread about?

Blessings,

W.C.

Hi WC,

Interesting post and interesting comments.

Many years ago I did a fast for 10 days....but it wasn't water only. It was a lemon/maple syrup/cayenne pepper detox. I couldn't go anymore than a few hours without food. I was hypoglycemic, or low blood sugar. I figured if I could get thru 1 day of this then I would be doing great. One day turned to 2 which then turned to 3......etc. The end result after 10 days was that I was no longer hypoglycemic. I could skip a meal and it wasn't a problem.

Now, going on a 40 day water only diet.....that's a whole other thing.

The first question that comes to mind is.....What is the source of the water? Are you going to drink TAP water only for 40 days? Well water? Bottled water?

You should be aware that most if not all tap water is acidic. As is most bottled water. I would think you're going to want water that has a higher PH, so that it isn't acidic (low PH)

If you do go on this 40 day water only fast........... do some research and understand the risks. Know what will happen to your body after 5 days....10...15....20....etc. Then, whenever you decide to come off the water only fast, eating a meal will probably kill you. Broth only for a few days....then soup....then soft food....etc.

There are many sites you could visit and learn from.....here is one.....https://wanderlustrevolution.org/2018/05/24/what-a-30-day-water-fast-did-to-me/.............. Well worth reading. Not a negative one. 

If you are determined to proceed with this fast, then there isn't much anyone can say to talk you out of it. 

Be smart .....Be sensible. Make sure that this is what God wants you to do. 

God bless!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

If God calls a man to something, there is no risk. 

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,623
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, JoeCanada said:

It was a lemon/maple syrup/cayenne pepper detox.

My first wife decided to do the cayenne pepper water thing as her aunt and her uncle were into all that stuff. She had an 8 ounce glass, felt fine,- so she had yet another. That night EMT's rushed her to the emergency room with symptoms of a heart attack.

It took some time but eventually she shared with me  when we were alone for a few moments that maybe it was the cayenne pepper she consumed. I asked her in the presence of the emergency room doctor and staff to share as a possible cause the consuming of all that cayenne pepper. It was. And was one very expensive day and night in terms of cash, push the emotional trauma for us both.

She and I also used to do the alternating water and then lemon water with a touch of honey 8 ounces every half hour until 64 ounces were consumed  in a day. We would monitor  our ph of  saliva and urine balances all as part of the nutsy theories on how to care for the body without evil big  "western medicine", that the family Dr Thyme practitioner was into.

Doing that  along with taking supplements instead of sharing she was in trouble got her killed from  cancer after a two year brave fight once she had been rushed into a hospital for real care. It was way too late but the doctors cobbled together treatment , radiation, chemo, four operations two years of suffering to be pronounced cured, only to have it come back in two months with no further useful treatment available. Hospice became our heroes then. It was a horribly difficult end. 

Never ever buy into these quack ideas without at least talking with your own medical doctors first. She also took colloidal silver beet juice . I forgot what brand product they called it. It is sold like people sell Tupperware. It discolored her intestines. The doctors said it had done some damage too.

Her aunt suffered a major stroke the evening my wife died. She had been eating garlic instead of taking a blood pressure pill. She suffered three years before dying a needless death due to the whacky stuff people buy into instead of trusting a pill, because the pill isn't natural.  Eating a quart of garlic a day isn't especially normal  either, plus it makes one's body stink.

My father an otherwise very bright chemical engineer and inventor of medical equipment tried treating his own cancer with  some products from Mexico before he  finally went to the hospital, was cut open only to find nothing could then  be done.

My wife's other aunt also had a cancer and tried the family "alternatice" cures before she went to the medical doctors.

I have been involved in five family illnesses.  These deaths along with the years of being the advocate and caregiver  plus the hospice contact person for over 11 years of my own life has been a privilege, in that I was granted the strength to stay awake the 48 and 56 hours at a time often necessary  to care for the so very sick and in pain family members, but it also has been a horrible thing to go through again and again. I don't have any enemy that I would wish such a time on.

Don't do the stupid things the quackery,  the supposed secret cure doctors don't want you to know about. Talk with real doctors first at least!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

If God calls a man to something, there is no risk. 

Yes, I also believe the Lord can and does do the impossible. However, the only two examples we have in the scriptures, are Moses and Jesus. Moses to receive the Law, and Jesus for defeating His humanly temptations by the devil, and for preparedness of His ministry while here on earth. I cannot be in agreement that God calls anyone else to this. It would be disheartening to know the opster became nigh unto death just to get spiritual. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

(Matthew 4) Satan after taking Jesus up to the highest point of the temple. “Jump off, God will protect you” after all, scriptures say, God will send his angels to protect you" Jesus said “Do not put the Lord your God to a foolish test(Deuteronomy 6 : 16 )

Jesus did not need to do it to prove who he was, or that the father was with him in this way. But if he had, it would have been a glaring act of unbelief instead. Unpleasant events have a way of happening all on their own, without us going out and deliberately looking for them and to use them in this manner to prove that God is with you and/or will help you is sinful. 

It might look on the surface as an act of faith, but in reality it is a glaring act of unbelief. Why? Because deliberately putting yourself in such a perilous position is an evil test of getting God to move on your behalf, in others words your manipulating the situation. And it is an unacceptable way of testing God. And an unacceptable way to get Him to move on your behalf.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

Again, no one is speaking against fasting.  But attempting to go without food for 40 days is foolish to say the least.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1