• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

23 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

Well it is a well established fact based on a massive amount of research that a strong correlation exists between having a large amount of toilet paper and being resistant to Corona virus. 

Having several thousand paper clips can prevent it too.

the paper clips have to be solid silver for them to work though....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Medical technology that was in place during the Spanish flu in 1918 and the medical technology today is very, very different. The flu is worse than the Corona virus and many will not even take a flu vaccination. :noidea:

I don't think it is good to say that the flu is worse than Covid-19 for we really don't have enough data to decide that....   right now it appears that the death rate for Covid is  a bit less than 3% and the flu is .01%        Many more people have had the flu than the Covid and that's why the total deaths are so many more.....    but covid has just really started to spread everywhere and the flu has been here all over for decades.

If covid spreads to the same number as the flu and keeps it's lethal characteristics that same 49 million people who had the flu actually get covid approximately 1.5 million people would die just in the USA

So it is not a good idea to tell people that the flu is worse than covid....    we can't even get most males to wash their hands coming out of our public restrooms and no one wears masks when they are sick and won't even stay home when they know they are......

No. the flu is not worse than covid unless you just want to look at the total deaths as it just begins.   But it is not something to totally panic over either.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Fear of corona virus but refusal to repent and believe the Gospel

This is not a pot-shot at the opster, so please do not misunderstand what I'm attempting to get across. Nothing wrong about the post. It's good and solid with valid scriptures. Here's my point. When AIDS now referred to as HIV became evident in the 1980's, there was some brief public panic. No one at that time realized how difficult it is to contract and carry over the disease from person to person. People worried about handshakes, kissing, eating food served by gay men, and it was pretty rampant at the time. 

I know this virus is not the same kind. It's not blood contaminant or bodily fluids, but airborne and it's contact easy to get infected by the conoranvirus, COVID-19. Yeah, it's here. A lot of people will pass from this no doubt. No, there's no obvious call out to get yourselves in church and get right with God that I've heard so far. Not yet, anyway. Certain commodities are disappearing off the shelves. This may be the new wave on disease phobia, but it's far from the first. It would be great to see repentance out of this. Will we? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

John 14:27,28
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid…  

The world system is trying to instil fear and panic but Jesus said all power is giving on to me and the commission of the church must continue high wind or storm

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

This is not a pot-shot at the opster, so please do not misunderstand what I'm attempting to get across. Nothing wrong about the post. It's good and solid with valid scriptures. Here's my point. When AIDS now referred to as HIV became evident in the 1980's, there was some brief public panic. No one at that time realized how difficult it is to contract and carry over the disease from person to person. People worried about handshakes, kissing, eating food served by gay men, and it was pretty rampant at the time. 

I know this virus is not the same kind. It's not blood contaminant or bodily fluids, but airborne and it's contact easy to get infected by the conoranvirus, COVID-19. Yeah, it's here. A lot of people will pass from this no doubt. No, there's no obvious call out to get yourselves in church and get right with God that I've heard so far. Not yet, anyway. Certain commodities are disappearing off the shelves. This may be the new wave on disease phobia, but it's far from the first. It would be great to see repentance out of this. Will we? 

Amen, lets get the ball rolling

Edited by vic66

On 3/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, marvelloustime said:

Well said @vic66 and so very, very true.

The world is worrying about the leaf, but can’t see the forest!

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that He rose from the dead and He is our Saviour. Repent of our sins and ask the Lord Jesus into our lives and we have passed from death to life and we are saved.

lets used this opportunity to win souls for the kingdom of heaven 

• Praise God! 1

On 3/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, Debp said:

I heard this on one particular news program: They said that near where the first case was contracted, that the Chinese have a biological weapons laboratory.    Of course, they wondered if that had something to do with the virus.

lets preach the message of repentance and surrender to christ

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Just a minor correction. Hiv is the virus (human immunodeficiency virus). Aids (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) is the disease state from the virus. 

I was about to have surgery when rock hudson was dying of aids. I was terrified of getting a blood transfusion then. All the more fearful because I was not saved and had no trust in the Lord to see me through anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, other one said:

I don't think it is good to say that the flu is worse than Covid-19 for we really don't have enough data to decide that....   right now it appears that the death rate for Covid is  a bit less than 3% and the flu is .01%        Many more people have had the flu than the Covid and that's why the total deaths are so many more.....    but covid has just really started to spread everywhere and the flu has been here all over for decades.

If covid spreads to the same number as the flu and keeps it's lethal characteristics that same 49 million people who had the flu actually get covid approximately 1.5 million people would die just in the USA

So it is not a good idea to tell people that the flu is worse than covid....    we can't even get most males to wash their hands coming out of our public restrooms and no one wears masks when they are sick and won't even stay home when they know they are......

No. the flu is not worse than covid unless you just want to look at the total deaths as it just begins.   But it is not something to totally panic over either.

According to the CDC:

Coronavirus has caused 100,000 illnesses and 3,000 deaths world wide this season.

The flu has caused 32 million illnesses, 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths this season.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, vic66 said:

lets preach the message of repentance and surrender to christ

I was just replying to someone who blamed our President for releasing the virus.