• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

16 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Over the years, I have listened to some really good sermons and lectures from some preachers that really got the message across to convict, to educate and appreciate Gods word.

Which or who are those that have been a blessing to you.  I will name a few that come to mind.

Charles Stanely   ---- Was the first preacher that I listened to over and over again when I got saved and was going through the terrible ordeals.

Adrian Rogers     ---- Such a powerful voice and sure can captivate you to not miss a word.

R.C Sproul            ---- He just had you thinking about what he just said.

Voddie Bucham   ----  This man is fearless in his sermons and steps on toes, but a truth teller in times of the freedom movement.

Billy Graham and his son  Franklin Graham preaches at it is. 

There are many more, but those are the popular ones that come to mind.    

I listen to "Sermon Audio" where there are hundreds if not thousands of sermons by many pastors , mostly Baptist though.

Who are some of yours ?.

Edit :  Don't know how I did not list John McArthur.   I know many do no like his messages, but I do.  Some of his sermons are from way back and may sound outdated, but on the essentials, he is on the money.   He made one statement that was very controversial in that one can take the mark of the beast and still be saved.  I only heard a short clip of that video so cannot say what context it was in.  The man has been solid in all the years he has been at the pulpit.   He has made so called enemies with the Pentecostals with his "stange fire" conference, but he explained why on some you tube videos .   He does not  believe on the speaking of tongues as it has ceased, so again many would not agree with him.  Each has to make his call . 

I like Charles Stanley.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,259
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

For some time now  I like getting every day a short msg from Anne Graham Lotz.

I love Billy Graham. Hes where you go if you get lost. Its Jesus came died for you loves you.. simple msg.

I really liked people like Smith Wigglesworth, Kenneth Haggin, David Wilkerson, Charles Stanley etc. And then MUSIC!..

With all I can listen just don't agree with all they teach. Yet I can see Jesus in all of them.

There are so many others. When I was young there was not Internet so.. all I had was the bible.

As I got older all I wanted was to Hear from the one that loves me most.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,268
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

Charles Stanley is the only TV pastor I will watch.

Dave Bectal's sermons would get me laughing and suddenly I would realize I was laughing at myself. His humor allowed the Holy Spirit to touch areas of my life I had been guarding.  He used Far Side cartoons for sermon illustrations.

Steve Winnery methodically preaches through the Scriptures.  I never fall asleep.

Watchman Nee:  Sit Walk Stand, The Release of the Spirit, Twelve Baskets Full.

Corrie TenBoom:  Amazing Love, Not Good if Detached;  Her simple illustrations stick with me

Fenelon: Let Go.  He wrote short letters like:"Sensitivity to reproof is the surest sign that you need it" 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Wow, I am seeing some names there that I never heard before.  

I have not see names like  

David Jeremiah    ---  known for prophecy outlines

joel osteen            ----   pastors the largest church in America

Td Jakes                ----   Well known pentecostal preacher

Andy Stanely        ----   Son of Charles Stanely --- He pastors a mega church I understand.

Steven Furtick        ---  Very popular young pastor of mega church

James Mcdonald      ---  very very popular preacher

Does anybody listen to the above.

One pastor that I listen to almost every morning on my way to work is " Insight for Living"  pastor Chuck Swindoll.    IMO, he preaches the word with many wonderful examples and true stories that people encountered .  He presents his sermons that include  humor that fits in well and makes my drive  to work nice.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I must say for me it's not the man that "impacted" me, but the Holy Spirit speaking through them, I have "listened" to and been taught by some of the heavy hitters mentioned above, ...and also the "little" guys that have left everything behind and went out into the world to preach the Gospel, names no one would recognize, ...but the man who "impacted" me the most, ...it was not only his teaching, but his character, ...the Love that poured out of him, ...Jesus said it best, "Out of your innermost being will will flow rivers of living water," that was what "impacted" me the most!

Pastor Chuck Smith

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  481
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  9

I like so many good teachers and pastors. Donald Barnhouse is one of my favorites. J vernon mcgee is a wonderful teacher. Hank Hanigraft the bible answer man is very knowledgeable. Many of the ones all ready mentioned. Corrie ten boom I seen speak on youtube. You can feel Gods holy spirit in her words. We are blessed by so many teachers of scripture. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,817
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Wow, I am seeing some names there that I never heard before.  

Well if I am to expand upon the three I listed as my primary anchors and support then they are:

Zola Levitt / Jeffrey Seif/ Todd Baker- John MacArthur/Phil Johnson - John Piper - God's angry man  Mean Gene Scott - Vernon McGee - Steve Kreloff - Jim Coy - Aaron Currin - Robert Dean - W. A. Criswell - R.C. Sproul - David Reagan - E. V. Hill

Plus importantly the ministries  of  George Whitten  along with the awesome illuminating worship songs that lift my spirit so  of Baht Rivka Whitten.

May I add of my own volition that this is a time for me to consider  where I am  most fed,- a time to pray  for each ministry,-  and especially a time to share as God leads in giving of my own finances sacrificially, to each that have blessed me so that I may face this hard hard time in strength  of spirit  and, confidence in our Lord Jesus.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone

I'd have to really think about this because I listen to so so so many and by Holy Spirit I've  Received much at times where it may seem so little ....and then at times I Receive little though so much has been said,so I don't know my answer to the question,there are many I thoroughly enjoy  hearing

I had a Pastor for a long long time who died,his name was Bishop Williams...he impacted my life in a great way& I'll never forget him

Jesus Has the Greatest Impact on my life                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,426
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

For me it would be Willie George. The Gospel Bill show he ran, along with the example my grandparents were setting, was my introduction to Christianity. It really stuck with me. One of my youth pastors was also really solid and influential on me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/08/1970

John MacArthur - He gave me hope when I was most lost and confused over my salvation. He, also, presented the Scriptures in such a way that it became all I was interested in reading and learning from...been studying daily for almost 3 yrs now and still can’t get enough.

Paul Washer - He is such a godly man of the faith and does not hold back the “hard” truth for fear of offending others. He states regularly how he loves those he preaches to too much to not tell them the truth. I have never heard/read anything from him that has not convicted me deeply to perform a self-analysis of my walk in the Spirit and a humble spirit before the face of our God.

• Thumbs Up 1