IGNORED

IN THE MIDST OF COVID19, WHAT'S NEXT IN BIBLE PROPHECY?

CLIVE CAMPBELL

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Jostler said:

Nations will continue to exist even in the new earth.  I don't see where there's any conflict. 

Well true, Jostler, and that's why I queried your statement about the nations being destroyed to make way for a global government. The natural wickedness of unregenerate humanity will eventually give rise to a global government of sorts as referenced in Rev 13:7, but it doesn't cause the ceasation of nations even though their cities fall along with Babylon the Great Whore.  My query was to ascertain whether you were aware of the significant role nationhood plays in God's dealing with His People and His Creation, and it appears you do and that you have an appreciation of these 19 verses from the amazing and awesome Apocalypse, as do I.

(Rev 2:26)  And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
(Rev 7:9)  After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
(Rev 10:11)  And he said unto me, You must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
(Rev 11:9)  And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
(Rev 11:18)  And the nations were angry, and your wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that you should give reward unto your servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.
(Rev 12:5)  And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
(Rev 13:7)  And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
(Rev 14:8)  And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
(Rev 15:4)  Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
(Rev 16:19)  And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
(Rev 17:15)  And he said unto me, The waters which you saw, where the whore sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
(Rev 18:3)  For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
(Rev 18:23)  And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for your merchants were the great men of the earth; for by your sorceries were all nations deceived.
(Rev 19:15)  And out of his mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
(Rev 20:3)  And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
(Rev 20:8)  And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
(Rev 21:24)  And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
(Rev 21:26)  And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
(Rev 22:2)  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

7 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Well true, Jostler, and that's why I queried your statement about the nations being destroyed to make way for a global government.

i think if you reread carefully you'll find i never said anything about any nation being destroyed...not much else  can say when you're addressing something I never said.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

Michael, my own view of the Gog/Magog war in Rev 20 is that it is not like a second Armageddon, but a re-telling of the same event. I believe that stanzas that cover the 4 millennia of Israel keep repeating through the book. If you are interested, Google my paper, "The Hermeneutical Key to the Book of Revelation," with the quotation marks. You might also like to read some of my first draft commentary on Rev here:

https://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/article-manage.php

Heavy stuff, no doubt. 

6 minutes ago, Jostler said:

i think if you reread carefully you'll find i never said anything about any nation being destroyed...not much else  can say when you're addressing something I never said.

So it was a different Jostler then?

6 hours ago, Jostler said:

This war will be played out at the level of nation states, but it is not being provoked by the nations themselves.  It is coming according to a plan that intends to DESTROY nation states, and make way for a global government.  This country will lose it's international relevance and dominance in the aftermath, just as intended.   Both economically and militarily.  All the lies being told by false prophets to keep His people asleep are going to be seen for what they are by all....but by then, it will be too late to do much to prepare.  Those who are His, AND have cultivated a love for the truth, and have a relationship with Him that is intimate and personal, will do fine.  Those who have never cultivated an ear that KNOWS His voice, are going to find themselves taken home early.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/4/2020 at 2:06 PM, missmuffet said:

A guess is not good enough. We can speculate many things but only God knows. Only God knows the future. 

Not so. He tells us lots of stuff about the future.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:14 PM, Michael37 said:

So it was a different Jostler then?

I see where the confusion came in.  I worded that poorly.  I should have said "destroy the power and influence of nation states" referring to any ability to resist globalist ambitions for one world government."  I probably should have used the word "kingdoms" rather than nations as well.  It is the political, economic and military power to resist the plans to bring all men under one political and religious system and install their little wannabe godlet over it all that satan seeks to destroy.

Kingdom and nation are two different words and the difference seems slight, but that slight difference has pretty profound implications.  Nations as God defines the word are not what satan seeks to destroy...he wants to usurp the rule over them that Father promised Jesus as His inheritance. 

Anyway, my choice of words was poor.  We tend to treat nations and kingdoms as synonyms, and there is some overlap....i used "nation states" to describe what I meant and should have used "kingdoms".  Nations as God defines them will still be in existence in eternity, the new heaven and earth.  I never meant to imply the nations He gave birth to at the scattering associated with the tower of Babel would be destroyed.  But I see where my careless word choice left that impression

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

58 minutes ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

Not so. He tells us lots of stuff about the future.

Yes, the Bible does tell us a lot regarding the future but not everything. We should not make up what we think will happen. It is only speculation. 

40 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, the Bible does tell us a lot regarding the future but not everything. We should not make up what we think will happen. It is only speculation. 

“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I'm not making up what I think will happen. I'm trying to decipher what the Bible says will happen. Again, I believe that God may use that.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, CLIVE CAMPBELL said:

I'm not making up what I think will happen. I'm trying to decipher what the Bible says will happen. Again, I believe that God may use that.

Have you ever read the book of Revelation? Everything is in there that God wants us to know about the future.