• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

hot-button issue guaranteed

Right. I am gonna sit back now and wait for the onslaught. Note who disagrees carefully...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, *Zion* said:

At the end of the day, I think that whether someone sets out to be false as a teacher or preacher is completely a heart issue.  The heart is highly deceptive, as the scriptures tell us.

I think a likely sign of a false teacher is someone who wants to make the impression that they alone hold the true interpretation of scripture, while the rest of us idiots (in their eyes) must only listen to them and nothing less or more; rather than relying on the Holy Spirit who is the actual one who leads us in to all truth, because He both points to and confirms the scriptures and reveals them to us in their many layers as only He can.

In contrast, someone who seeks to agree with the scriptures and the Holy Spirit, even if what is being spoken is presented in a way they have never seen before (which is what the revelation of God is - Jeremiah 33v3) is at the very least seeking out truth, as well as gaining it, and being edified by it.  We can all disagree on many things, but that does not mean that any of us have a false view of the scriptures - as Paul says, we see in part.  We see all different parts.  The problem comes when we have a tiny scrap and then claim to have the whole.

Seeking agreement and unity while searching out and holding onto the scriptures is of the Holy Spirit.  seeking to be 'right' or 'superior' is merely arrogance and vanity: pride.  

If pride is the motivation in preaching, as Paul said even if some preach out of envy against him, at least the gospel is going forward.  But it does make it a whole lot easier for deception to creep into whatever they preach or teach, as pride is sin, and sin is just an open door for the enemy to come in and operate.

In the end this pride works against itself anyway, because those who respect God over man will quickly see what is at work.  Sin repels God.  Pride repels humility.

Are those who preach and teach out of their own arrogance speaking falsely?  Not necessarily.  If they do speak falsely, do they do so on purpose?  Well, if they are only in it for the stroking of their own ego, then they are not really building up God's kingdom but their own.  They can convince themselves they are not, but convincing others will prove farm more difficult.  Either way, it's a big turn off, isn't it?  Not a very conducive way of communicating the Word of God.

Here's a novel idea: what if all Christians around the world set aside their denominations for one day and simply decided to agree on what they could: the coming and the sacrifice and work of Jesus upon the cross, His death and resurrection, fulfilment of prophecy, testament and covenant (testament and covenant are one in my book, but can be used to mean slightly different things too) and His coming again to judge the living and the dead - all to save mankind from sin and death and bring him into eternal life.

Can you imagine?  Probably some here right now want to reach through their screens and see if they could stone me.  See how persistently we seek disagreement?  The enemy does not want us to unite.  I wonder WHY!

Maybe God will do something to change that in these last days, or perhaps even in this particular time we're going through right now.

I truly believe that if we continue to test all things, and hold on to the good - together - bound by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God alone (not tradition or doctrines of men), then the falsity would have no choice but to fall away.

One can hope, eh?

While I would hope no one is here to "stone" anyone, I must admit it is difficult to climb down from my own, self-built pedestal and admit that I am, just as God declared, "less than nothing." God was speaking through Isaiah about the vanity and folly of idols. They cannot help me. Yet I cannot notice my desperation to reconstruct them even in the writing of these words. Oh how I need to be validated. When I consider how man has climbed his Tower of Babel by going to the Moon, who has constructed great Pyramids or built the tallest skyscrapers, it is hard to look down and notice that my own works cannot stand next to a single blade of grass in all its glory---a life no man has been able to create. I am so deceived and I have no one to unscramble this horrible unfairness---until I look to Christ. I am just a little child without any means to protect myself or understand. I am still looking for fairness, and Jesus keeps saying, "Stop fighting, and let me love you."

Edited by Coliseum
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

While I would hope no one is here to "stone" anyone, I must admit it is difficult to climb down from my own, self-built pedestal and admit that I am, just as God declared, "less than nothing." God was speaking through Isaiah about the vanity and folly of idols. They cannot help me. Yet I cannot notice my desperation to reconstruct them even in the writing of these words. Oh how I need to be validated. When I consider how man has climbed his Tower of Babel by going to the Moon, who has constructed great Pyramids or built the tallest skyscrapers, it is hard to look down and notice that my own works cannot stand next to a single blade of grass in all her glory---a life no man has been able to create. I am so deceived and I have no one to unscramble this horrible unfairness---until I look to Christ. I am just a little child without any means to protect myself or understand. I am still looking for fairness, and Jesus keeps saying, "Stop fighting, and let me love you."

I love this!  Yes, we do fight; and just think of the wonderful and inventive ways God uses just to get our attention, lol.  

And just the simple fact that He loves us is more than, more than validation enough.  More than we will ever know, on this side of eternity.  

Most don't think of actually stoning someone, but if feels like there are some waiting to cast the first stone of judgement, and even looking to see who they can provoke, it seems.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

14 hours ago, Brko72 said:

In other words: Can someone teach wrong doctrines even when they dont want?

or all false teachers know that what they are doing is wrong?

I know some who hadn't yet receive God's light on a subject so were in error on a subject.  They repented and started teaching correctly.

Act 18:24  Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures.   Act 18:25  He had been instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John.   Act 18:26  He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This is the importance of exegetical work to be proper and with all diligence... it is letting God's Words to become your Words...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

There are many that "teach" that should be students. This modern world allows for that. Doesn't make it right.

Accident? that is an interesting thought. I don't think it is an appropriate descriptor.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

42 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Well said, @Alive. The internet discussion forum is unique in time and space, a place where anyone may choose to publish their comments. Some fancy themselves as teachers --- a heavy burden to bear! --- while others engage in discussion with a heart to learn from God's Spirit who moves upon us in different ways. I'm the latter. As I've written elsewhere my grasp of the Gospel is sufficient but I'm not called upon nor gifted to be a teacher... I've been accused of that here on the forum which I found laughable... all because I posted according to my understanding on a topic in a bid to learn more. This is how brothers and sisters here on Worthy have joined themselves to the work of the Lord because I heard Him through their contributions --- and I know His voice when I hear Him speak. Something else I've written before:

I rejoice when the Lord speaks and moves through the hearts of my brothers and sisters. It's the greatest of blessings to witness!

With that said, I've encountered some whose "teaching" is devoid of such a witness. I'm working on paying them no mind at all (ignoring them). That's a work in progress. :)  

Yup--there is a difference in 'sharing' our experience and teaching.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

47 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Well said, @Alive. The internet discussion forum is unique in time and space, a place where anyone may choose to publish their comments. Some fancy themselves as teachers --- a heavy burden to bear! --- while others engage in discussion with a heart to learn from God's Spirit who moves upon us in different ways. I'm the latter. As I've written elsewhere my grasp of the Gospel is sufficient but I'm not called upon nor gifted to be a teacher... I've been accused of that here on the forum which I found laughable... all because I posted according to my understanding on a topic in a bid to learn more. This is how brothers and sisters here on Worthy have joined themselves to the work of the Lord because I heard Him through their contributions --- and I know His voice when I hear Him speak. Something else I've written before:

I rejoice when the Lord speaks and moves through the hearts of my brothers and sisters. It's the greatest of blessings to witness!

With that said, I've encountered some whose "teaching" is devoid of such a witness. I'm working on paying them no mind at all (ignoring them). That's a work in progress. :)  

Absolute agreement.  It's a joy when we can hear Christ through each other's contributions, instead of the: "I alone speak on the Lord's behalf, and you are wrong" mentality.  When the Spirit of God indwelling in us bears witness to our spirits - as well as one another's spirits all at once, it's such a beautiful thing, the unity therein. 

The enemy seeks to break that, and some even delight in letting him try.  Sad, that.

Thank you brother, your words have blessed me :)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

it is certainly possible to teach falsehood without being a conscious deceiver.  In any place we have been deceived into believing something is true, that is not, we can teach falsehood without any awareness of the fact we are deceiving...and no intent to deceive.

Been there, done that.....I used to teach the pre-trib rapture ....fully believing i was right :)

(kicks hornet's nest and runs......  -----------------> )

lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Alive said:

There are many that "teach" that should be students. This modern world allows for that. Doesn't make it right.

Accident? that is an interesting thought. I don't think it is an appropriate descriptor.

when I said "accident" I as as trying  to say "someone teaching wrong doctrines when they dont have this intention"

like,they belive that they are teaching  theb truth, but they aren't