• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

I can see and understand that born again believers, who wish to be married, feel compelled to make their commitment legal in the eyes of god and their governing authority. I do not believe that governing authority trumps god's authority...

First, and foremost is that all of what you believe, or none of what you believe regarding the God of the Bible, can have relevance to God if you are not in Him through Christ by His Spirit. You are an unbeliever; that is a fact. An unbeliever will believe what he chooses. He might even be convinced---but his beliefs are only outwardly compliant. These conversations are spiritual exercises, but they do not include a personal relationship with God. It does not matter whether you know about Him. It does not matter whether you know Him. The old Devil knows Him better than any of us, yet he is God's greatest enemy. No. We must be like Him, doing the things He does. A man unsaved cannot in his own strength fulfill what God desires of him without His Spirit living inside him. Your conversations are very stimulating intellectually; you are very smart. But without the Holy Spirit residing inside you, that is all they can be.

I know and understand how offensive that sounds. The truth from God's Word is offensive. It requires a man to hear what is too hard to hear---and the whole world cannot not hear it. But those who belong to Christ hear his Word, and obey it---not because they must or else, but because they desire to---because they know the One who is referred to as "Abba Father," or plainly, "Daddy." It was a common term that expressed affection and confidence and trust.

You kind of remind me of my friend---an atheist (although you state otherwise concerning yourself). He told me that more than anything else he wished God were real. He told me that if he could rub the magic lantern and the genie popped out, he would not want three wishes, but only one---that God were real. Then he said, "But Coliseum, it is only just a wish." He too would have with me conversations on end, never ceasing, but never coming to the personal knowledge of God Himself. Until a man knows the reason he needs a Savior as a lost sinner who can do nothing to save himself, he will remain in his sins, lost. I hope---and pray---that does not happen with you.

I cannot bend, twist, or dilute God's Word, and in Revelation we are cautioned not to, Jesus said,

Revelation 22:18-19 (NIV)
18  I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
19  And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

I can argue and even despise these words, but they are God's Words, not mine. People have poured their heart out to God---which you should do. God is much bigger than one's anger or unwillingness or will. He will hear your genuine complaint just as much as He will hear your praise. :)

All of your arguments are not new; "There is nothing new under the sun." They have been wrestled with and fought over---and even won---just as Jacob wrestled with the Lord until daybreak---and won! So, my hope is that you don't give up.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

“Nobody comes to Me lest the Spirit draw him” While you wrestle with your beliefs, keep in mind that Christianity is not just a religion you can take off the shelf and decide that it is the one you will decide to follow.It does not work that way.The starting point of Christianity is a Conviction Of Sin— Given ONLY by an encounter with the Holy Spirit That leaves you with a Contrite Heart......one ready to receive the Gospel That Saves ( 1Cor15:1-4 )

Jesus revealed in a Parable That there are 4 types of “ Soil” or Hearts......three out of four don’t make it to Salvation .If you sincerely “ Turn to God” and ask Him to make you “ Good Soil”, That is one prayer that God will respond to in the case of an unsaved sinner seeking the Truth.Why not give it a whirl? It worked for me.....I can GUARANTEE it will work for you! Our God is a God of Promises.....Here is a Promise from our God who will NEVER lie—- “ Turn to Me and I will Turn To You.” Put Him to the Test ! He Loves responding to Faith........

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

3 hours ago, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

You ask if I am so unlike the devil because I refuse unity and demand that he compromises his faith. And this provides clarity that, for 8 years, our life together reflected the goodness and bounty of god. My husband and I were the coming together of differences, not as opposing forces but as complimentary ones. The trauma that we experienced was the result of evil. Evil that does not want unity. Evil that does not want love. Evil that separates flesh that came together with god’s blessing and evil that turns children against their parents. Separating now would be submitting to evil.

You say that the fellowship of light and darkness ends with opposite goals in life and the desire to go in opposite directions. But we do not have opposite goals in life. We both want to fulfill god’s plans for us. We both agree that there is one god.

Yes, my beloved and I are both doing our best to follow god’s callings. We are both being torn apart. We are one flesh.

Anarchy and Chaos are not the only alternative to obeying one’s husband. Jesus had the opportunity to accumulate power. He chose to give it away. He came to dismantle the systems of power, to bring people in from the margins, to teach us to love others as ourselves.

It is for god to decide our worth. It is not for people to determine who real Christians from false ones.

I give thanks to god for my blessings. I ask god to come into my life and to heal hurts and damage. I ask god for healing for my beloved and family. I tell god what is on my heart. I do not ask for the desire, faith, or power, to follow Christ. Instead I ask that the true essence of god be revealed to me.

My words as well as the words of the Bible seem to be getting misinterpreted to mean something else.  Even though I am very concerned about this, it seems fruitless to attempt further communication.  I am sorry if I have done more to confuse things.  God is not a god of confusion.  The worst thing I did was to think God's word doesn't apply to me and to make excuses not to obey Him  His word tell us how to be blest and I suffered greatly for disobeying Him.  I hope my words aren't misconstrued so as to encourage this. It is God who defines who a Christian is.  It is someone who has turned away from sin and chosen to follow Christ.  Many people are too proud to draw near to Him on His terms but think they can come to Him on their own terms and not through Christ. They rebel and reject the God of the Bible and create their own god and their own religion.   It seems to be counterproductive to continue our conversation.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,018
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

I give thanks to god for my blessings. I ask god to come into my life and to heal hurts and damage. I ask god for healing for my beloved and family. I tell god what is on my heart. I do not ask for the desire, faith, or power, to follow Christ. Instead I ask that the true essence of god be revealed to me.

Joh 9:31  Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.

Hi Feminist...You have created a god that you imagine is sympathetic to your choices but in reality you are dead in your trespasses and sins, as once I was for much the same reason. However, if you accept that you are denying Christ by the way you are living, God in His goodness will lead you to repentance. 

Eph 2:1-3  And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, (2)  in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, (3)  among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 4/23/2020 at 3:49 PM, Coliseum said:

That is the essence of the problem. Many are indeed Christian---Bible-believing Christians that are truly born again as Jesus describes in his Word. Others who claim they are Christian share based upon what they choose to believe is Christian. There are many cultural Christians, but far fewer spiritual Christians. God says, "Many are called but few are chosen."

Do you mean "Truly born again as Jesus describes in the words that were written by faliable men?" Or do you deny humans influence of the bible? My new favorite podcast just said something along the lines of the importance of seeking Jesus, instead of making an idol of the bible. Would you consider the person who said this statement to be something like "christian but not born again as jesus intended?" How can you say that it is wrong for her to engage her own mind and efforts towards determining what is and isn't Christian but it wasn't wrong for men, under the direction of the Roman Empire, to do the same thing? If the goal is to better know and understand Jesus, isn't the best way to do so to study the ancient texts? 

Until you are born again, The Word of God says the following: "The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."  1 Corinthians 2:14 (NIV)

Here is the problem with not allowing the reader the room to question, consider, and come to their own conclusions. Without that, one would have to take the above passage literally. I could I could simply say that this doesn't apply to me because it does not say "humans" but "man". I am not a man. Therefore it doesn't apply to me.  

I'm not saying that I believe the above. I'm pointing out that interpretation is an essential piece of getting to know Jesus, through the bible. 

I'm saying that it's important to question why the passage that you wrote, that refers to a male human is understood to apply to female humans but when the word "he" is used to describe god, it does not refer to the feminine. 

This is the unbeliever's plight. He reads the Scriptures but cannot rightly divide them because he does not have the Holy Spirit indwelling him. Without the Holy Spirit inside the heart of the believer, he cannot much of the time see the Scriptures as they were intended to be seen.

This is the Christian's understanding of my plight. My understanding of my plight is that Christ's purpose has been distorted through the eyes of and at the hands of men, who then point to their distortion as proof of their righteousness.

The more that I listen to Faith and Feminism welcome me to engage my mind and heart with Christ and the scriptures, the closer I grow to both. The more that I am told that I must submit to men's interpretations of Christ, the more the "born again bible" repels me. 

Is this truly what god wants of us, to spend our energy drawing distinctions that separate us from each other? Instead doesn't god want us to love god and god's creation with all of our heart, to treat others as we would like to be treated? Isn't it for god, instead of people, to judge? Is there any passage in the bible that gives man the right to draw lines between and divide christians? 

Would god not prefer that we give our efforts cherishing god and gods creation? Doesn't god want us to follow Christ's example of disrupting oppressive patriarchal systems and feeding and caring for those who are in need, instead of judging the opinion of other christians?     

The Word of God is meant to be offensive. The world is opposed to God. That is why it crucified Christ.

Why is the word of god meant to be offensive? I can see and agree that people, generally speaking, are opposed to god and harm gods creation. But I'm far from a minion to the general consensus of the world. While I am not Christian, I am also not of the world that is opposed to god. 

If when you pray to Jesus to see and hear him, you must believe by faith that that is what is taking place. "I say to you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe you have received it and it will be yours." 

I'm praying for and believing in god, for the restoration of my family. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

The more that I am told that I must submit to men's interpretations of Christ, the more the "born again bible" repels me. 

Why do you think that Jesus died on the Cross?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

6 hours ago, FeministWhoLovesABeliever said:

Do you mean "Truly born again as Jesus describes in the words that were written by faliable men?" Or do you deny humans influence of the bible? My new favorite podcast just said something along the lines of the importance of seeking Jesus, instead of making an idol of the bible. Would you consider the person who said this statement to be something like "christian but not born again as jesus intended?" How can you say that it is wrong for her to engage her own mind and efforts towards determining what is and isn't Christian but it wasn't wrong for men, under the direction of the Roman Empire, to do the same thing? If the goal is to better know and understand Jesus, isn't the best way to do so to study the ancient texts? 

Here is the problem with not allowing the reader the room to question, consider, and come to their own conclusions. Without that, one would have to take the above passage literally. I could I could simply say that this doesn't apply to me because it does not say "humans" but "man". I am not a man. Therefore it doesn't apply to me.  

I'm not saying that I believe the above. I'm pointing out that interpretation is an essential piece of getting to know Jesus, through the bible. 

I'm saying that it's important to question why the passage that you wrote, that refers to a male human is understood to apply to female humans but when the word "he" is used to describe god, it does not refer to the feminine. 

This is the Christian's understanding of my plight. My understanding of my plight is that Christ's purpose has been distorted through the eyes of and at the hands of men, who then point to their distortion as proof of their righteousness.

The more that I listen to Faith and Feminism welcome me to engage my mind and heart with Christ and the scriptures, the closer I grow to both. The more that I am told that I must submit to men's interpretations of Christ, the more the "born again bible" repels me. 

Is this truly what god wants of us, to spend our energy drawing distinctions that separate us from each other? Instead doesn't god want us to love god and god's creation with all of our heart, to treat others as we would like to be treated? Isn't it for god, instead of people, to judge? Is there any passage in the bible that gives man the right to draw lines between and divide christians? 

Would god not prefer that we give our efforts cherishing god and gods creation? Doesn't god want us to follow Christ's example of disrupting oppressive patriarchal systems and feeding and caring for those who are in need, instead of judging the opinion of other christians?     

Why is the word of god meant to be offensive? I can see and agree that people, generally speaking, are opposed to god and harm gods creation. But I'm far from a minion to the general consensus of the world. While I am not Christian, I am also not of the world that is opposed to god. 

I'm praying for and believing in god, for the restoration of my family. 

What god are you praying to? What is his name? That is all I will leave you with. Best to you friend.

Edited by Coliseum

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

The more that I am told that I must submit to men's interpretations of Christ, the more the "born again bible" repels me. 

Nobody’s “ interpretation” is required......no man originated the Truth that everyone MUST be “Born Again”....... it came straight from the lips of Jesus, and that is Who your argument is with......Satan has blinded your eyes......please set aside your arguments, excuses and rationalizations ......get to  What is Crucial if you truly want to be a Christian and join the Saved.......Realize the fact that  you are a Lost Sinner , headed for Hell,  whether you agree or not.....

It all starts with seeing your Lost Position before a Holy, Perfect God. You need to see yourself as God sees you.Your argument is not with men—- admit it—- your only Problem is with God.He knows that and you are smart enough to know it yourself.You are smart , but you lack insight about your Lost Condition. Do you want the insight that can lead to your Salvation? Make the wisest move you could ever make —- Ask God to give you “ eyes to see” and read the first chapter of Romans. If that does not convince you that you are a Lost Sinner.....read what Jesus said about Sin and it’s Consequences in His Sermon on the Mound, Matthew 5...... This is  VERY Serious stuff......don’t be “ stiff - necked” about it .Stop arguing and see what God has to say...You are in my prayers......

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • This is Worthy 1

On 4/24/2020 at 4:21 AM, kwikphilly said:

Naaah,you? LOL   But seriously,its my pleasure & I will continue to keep you in my prayers & heart.....yesmkeep at it by all means,that stubborness will serve well!!

Thank you. I am touched by your prayers. 

No worries,you're doing great in responding to so many people......I truly appreciate your attention,honesty & courtesy

Can't help to feel for you,I thank Jesus for it:heart:I do feel Grace for your beloved,what makes me angry is what had happened,it is not his fault you(both) are in this position-he didn't know better before he grew in Relationship with our Lord......

Thank you for acknowledging that it isn't his fault. If he wasn't such a wonderful person and my hero, this would be easy. I wouldn't be here on this forum. I would be moving on. 

So really then,what is the problem?This marriage is a Covenant ,now your beloved longs for you to know Jesus.....this is a very tough predictament......this requires exactly what both you & your beloved are doing,seeking Gods Will...He is the ONE & only ONE that can Guide & Lead you both....I believe this in my heart and as I said,I am here for you with support & encouragement.....I have complete Faith &Trust in God that if you seek Him with all your heart ,soul & mind He Will Reveal Himself to you in His Word in Spirit & in Truth.....even if you don't like or expect WHO you will find

I am enjoying the faith and feminism podcast which is about Christ, in a language that is easy for me to relate to but also challenging. I feel Christ's love in my husbands arm. I am praying and will continue to do so. If these things are enough, my beloved will come to accept them and we will move forward together to a place that may or may not result in my accepting Christ as my lord in savior. I still don't think that I ever will, if its dependent on accepting a book that was written by men that judging 70% of the population's relationship with god to be false. But perhaps moving forward isn't really about my faith but his. If he knows that Jesus is the only way, that Jesus can do anything, and that I'm earnestly searching, than what is there to doubt? 

Honestly,there is nothing I could add to what Brother @Coliseum has said in response ....no Born Again Believer could disagree

I really wish I could do more to help but only God Can do this for you both,I do know your mates struggle and no doubt yours is just as difficult-I was married to someone who claimed they were Christian but did not follow Christ and by his fruits it was obvious he did not Know Jesus ,I prayed & prayed& prayed for his  Salvation and the softening of his his heart to Receive Gods Word & then God Gave me the Answer I didn't expect.....I was praying for the wrong thing,I had to leave him and continue on my journey with Christ.....after which I Received Peace that surpasses all Understanding......                      With love-inChrist,Kwik

So you left your insincere Christian husband for god. Willa stayed with her unkind Christian husband for god. You both found god's grace and peace on the opposite paths that god put you on. From what I remember, Willa felt that the bible did not allow divorce. While you felt god wanted you to divorce. It seems to me that the two of you are either claiming that the other is wrong, or that there is room for interpretation. I promise that I'm not trying to cause trouble here. I'm just wanting the "there is no room for interpretation" wall that is separating me from christ to make way. 

Sorry if this sounds argumentative. I really appreciate the love that I can feel in your message to me and appreciate the time and thought you put into it. 

Edited by FeministWhoLovesABeliever

23 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Hi Feminist!  Welcome to Worthy!  I believe and trust the Lord for His best plans for you and your husband.  The Lord is doing an amazing work in your husband.  The jail time drew him closer to the Lord I believe. 

You seem to have a pretty good grasp of the Scriptures, I pray that the Holy Spirit will also open your spiritual eyes to the truth.  God is Spirit and we cannot come to Him with our carnal fleshy mind.  We need to be reborn again in the Spirit.  I can't post videos directly here but I can give you titles.  I believe testimonies of the work of the Lord and His Spirit would help you.  When believers share their testimonies, it is powerful. 

Here is the title on a Youtube video.... I Couldn't Believe In the Bible- Hanmaum Church

I watched this thank you. I heard his testimony. Please know that embracing god isn't difficult for me. What seems insurmountable is allowing christianity to minimize god. (I know that christians don't see it this way but I do.) I would willingly go to church with my beloved. I am enjoying reading the scriptures and would love to study them with him. 

Thank you  for praying for me. I am joining you in my prayers for truth.  <3 

23 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

They have subtitles.  You will find powerful testimonies of the work of Jesus... He is still alive today, He is still at work today.  Feminist, I thank the Lord for your open heart.  You husband must love you dearly for wanting to wait for you!  That is precious in the Lord's sight.  He truly loves you like he loves his own body...  I pray that you would have a real encounter with the Living God.  You are beloved. blessings!  :D

Yes. My husband is amazing. He loves me dearly and our relationship is precious to god. Thank you for seeing that, instead of judging him.  <3 

• Praise God! 1