IGNORED

Help me

I am lowered in mind, body and spirit as never before by this coronavirus situation. Life as we knew it, peace and normality has disappeared. 

The stress is going to kill me. I cannot relax or sleep. News of so many deaths, so much suffering. The catastrophic economic effects have yet to be felt. I dread that. 

I am in real trouble. I pray day to day. I have begun to switch off my phone and not listen to the news. 

Please point me to Bible passages and prayers where i can find comfort. Also what can i do each day to find relief? So far none of my family or friends have got the virus. I need to prepare for that. As it is i feel paralysed. 

Having said all this, i depend more than ever on Jesus Christ our Lord. I pray lots and i am granted strength to get through each day and take care of myself, husband and home. Nobody would know how much i am struggling with pure fear and the loneliness of missing seeing my friends and my parents. I hate the way we are separated. I am not strong, i need help. 

Any advice gratefully appreciated. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

You are still having a nice home n good food, many homeless live on the streets of lonely even without the Corona.

Many poor must choose whether to die of virus infection or by hunger as they hv no money to buy food n yesterday a mother died in hunger she only drink water for  2 days in lock down.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Debp said:

Any advice gratefully appreciated. 

I know the feelings. I listen to 10,000 reasons very loud and other music like that.

Fear is the great enemy of us all. The scriptures say that God does not like that and wants us to trust in Him instead of the smoke and mirrors from the dark side. Fear is the enemy of our soul. Yeshua is the FRIEND of our soul.

We have to elevate God and not the evils of fear. 'In time, this too will pass...'

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Melinda12

Fear not.  This is a test for you as much as it is for the world.  

Trust in Him and His goodness.  Be bold and confident in our Refuge and Fortress, to be a light of example to others, not buckling under fear.  This is a time when people, without God, may be looking at you to see how you deal with this.  Their hearts may be failing them but yours should not be.  We have a great hope and strong rock of deliverance!  This is a time when your faith in His Word is tested, so trust.

A time much worse than this is to come.  So, if this is a struggle for you, take the opportunity to refine your faith now, before the harder latter days come.

You have to prepare your heart to trust in Him and His faithfulness, regardless of the "facts" you are being told by the mainstream news (which have their counterpart, revealing this virus isn't all it's made out to be).  Don't believe all you hear from men in suits and white labcoats.  Just because it's on CNN or Fox doesn't equal fact.  Are you so easily shaken with numbers?  There is a clandestine plot at play from the elite rulers of the world at the moment, and the fear they are spreading as "fact" is a huge part of it.

Read and mediate on Psalm 91.  Read it on a daily basis until you have digested it fully and it should provide you with peace.  

Love & Shalom

• Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The Davidic Psalms.

He often felt as you do.

If you can't focus to read them

plug in to a site that reads them for you.

Meditate of the Word of God.

Pray for his Spirit to heal you and deliver you and '

give you peace.

Breathe deeply when panic sets in...

It may not be real what you are feeling at the moment

of panic / terror / claustrophobia etc. BUT it's real to

you at that moment.

The number of deaths and illness and pandemics of the past

were far greater than this.

Think of the lock downs and social distancing as civilization

finally being mature enough to adequately deal with a pandemic

for a change (to lessen the numbers of deaths).

We've had a good run without major "rainy days" like this one for a very long time.

But the old wisdom has been: "prepare for rainy days..." because they will come.

Granted, most of us here aren't in the same boat as those who are about to lose their jobs or homes.

We need to pray for them and help them as best we can and the Lord provides.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I am in real trouble. I pray day to day. I have begun to switch off my phone and not listen to the news. 

That is a good Start. The Media is hyping fear, and fear produces anxiety. Turn them off for a day and read Psalms, start with Psalm 46, Sing Some of the Old Hymns And Start looking Up for our redemption is nigh. Read also Acts chapters 4-5 and how the apostles responded to adversity, with Joy and rejoicing. All of this that is happening is a blessing and not a curse, if it causes you to focus on Christ Jesus and not the things of this world. Don't look back, Look up at Christ, he is the solution to our anxiety. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2