bad dreams

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i had a really really really bad dream, and i'm disturbed that there aren't any bible verses about the enemy using our dreams against us. i wish i could tell myself it was satan attacking me trying to discourage me. perhaps i can see it as God testing me asking me to cling more to Him, pray more for my self.

i am in the process of deciding to become born again and thought this could be easily explained as the enemy trying to put more disbelief into me and uncertainty about my future, as i am really unhappy with the place i live right now and feel a bit hopeless at times in finding a new home, friends, a church, a marriage...

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Hi there to you enemyoftheworld, welcome to the family here on the forum, sound advice from Abby and others, God bless you on your journey in The Lord.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 hours ago, enemyoftheworld said:

i am in the process of deciding to become born again

Your post sounds so familiar to someone who is already born again. (saved) So my question to you would be this. Are you a Christian or not?

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, enemyoftheworld said:

i had a really really really bad dream, and i'm disturbed that there aren't any bible verses about the enemy using our dreams against us. i wish i could tell myself it was satan attacking me trying to discourage me. perhaps i can see it as God testing me asking me to cling more to Him, pray more for my self.

i am in the process of deciding to become born again and thought this could be easily explained as the enemy trying to put more disbelief into me and uncertainty about my future, as i am really unhappy with the place i live right now and feel a bit hopeless at times in finding a new home, friends, a church, a marriage...

explain to me what you mean by becoming born again...   have you declared to people that Jesus is your Lord and do you believe the Father raised him from the dead...

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,373
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, enemyoftheworld said:

i am in the process of deciding to become born again

If you believe on Jesus as your personal Savior, you are already born again.

Born again means you are now a child of God....born of His Spirit.   The indwelling Holy Spirit will help you to live the Christian Life.   We all grow at different paces.

Don't confuse salvation (born again) with sanctification (progressively becoming more like Jesus).   Our works don't save us, Jesus saves.

John-10-v10-11-BBIC-1.jpg.8506313a8d7a77520f1ae037944154a8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

18 hours ago, enemyoftheworld said:

A dream isn't also always a God-given VISION. Dreams stem from conflicts we have during waking hours. Think about the specifics and your current stress is contributing to your dreams.

What does "in the process of becoming born again" mean? To be born again is a one-time act, where you tell God you are trusting Jesus, not yourself, for salvation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

A dream isn't also always a God-given VISION.

Few of them are. Very few. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,391
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

22 hours ago, enemyoftheworld said:

Amen, you are not alone with dreams, some bad some good, but through them all, I still learn to trust in GOD, and His Son our Lord Jesus Christ, because He alone is our only hope of glory, my advice is to be humble and open to ask of His blessings in your life, which is a duty, we will be in prayer for your decision, ok ?

Love always, Walter 

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Praise God! 1