IGNORED

Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening ...

George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Behold said:

Once Saved, = Born again......Always Saved = always born again.

The answer is ONCE. :)

I have edited my post as I meant not-Osas

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, SONshine said:

Consider that though God has promised never to leave us nor forsake us, a person decides to leave Him—to stop abiding in Him and just walk away.  Can’t fathom it, but here it is below:

You can't walk away from being BORN.

"born again"...... you can't undo that by bad behavior.

Jesus said, that "noone can take (the born again) out of His hand".... And that includes the person, who is born again..

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

This may be a mystery we are not meant to understand until death. There are such mystery's in the Bible.

The more I read of the subject, the more I see that speculation on it only seems to cause harshness, name calling and strife.

With God's help I trust I will not be in a position of losing my faith or wandering off. If so, the subject of OSAS or not is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, SONshine said:

Say that to our Father, not me.

God is not the one that is saying that a born again person can become "un-born again".

You are.

• Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, SONshine said:

IT’s not me saying it.

Philippians 2:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

~ Leaning on Jesus, Lucy 

Yes,  Salvation arrives to a person, as a completed Blood Atonement.   We receive the FULLNESS of what Jesus finished on the Cross that establishes us as "In Christ".

Then, as your verse explains, we are to begin our discipleship....learning how to walk it....learning how to abide in Christ......Learning how to "be holy as God is Holy"...  So, that is the "working out" of what God has provided within us = born again.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, leah777 said:

remaining born again is logical.

Logical and true.   As no matter what you do, you will remain born again.

You can't undo the Blood Atonement, as you didn't cause it to begin with.... its SUPPLIED and its ETERNAL.  Its a GIFT.

When we gave God our Faith, God took us and will never let us go..

Our Salvation is as secure and certain as Jesus is Alive.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

21 hours ago, dhchristian said:

I share your love of woodworking, as I have been doing that all my life. So I Understand what you are saying in that you are gifted with skills in that.

Thank you, ...I just want to make it clear, ...I was a house framer that "framed" with an oilfield rigging ax, ...the cabinet making skills are not "inherent" in me, ...it's the Holy Spirit working "through" me, ...just like He did with Bezaleel.

22 hours ago, dhchristian said:

The Laodicean church age was Birthed by the move of the Holy Ghost in lives of True believers who had not succumbed to the textualism of the Philadelphian church.

Actually ...Jesus tells/warns His Church the Laodicean "mentality" was present waaaay back in the Ephesian Church Rev 2:6, ...they were the Nicolaitans, ...the word He used, "Nicolaitans," is derived from two words, nico and laitans when combined together means, victorious over the people. Jesus commends them because they "hate" the deeds of the Nicolaitans just like He does, ...finally the Nicolaitan "mindset" became a doctrine in the Church Rev 2:15, which evolved over the centuries into the Laodicean church, ...who consider themselves, ".....victorious over God!"

22 hours ago, dhchristian said:

the Asuza St. revival

In Los Angeles CA, ...was the "outpouring" of the Agape Love of God, "the" Holy Spirit in His Church from 1906- 1909, ...history tells us people from all walks of life, all of the different social classes and people of different nationalities came together in the Agape Love of the Holy Spirit to worship God "without any "discrimination," ...in the first century "principle," evidenced at Pentecost by the Holy Spirit,

And all that believed were together, and had all things common;  Acts 2:44

... the local newspaper reported this "phenomenon" like this:

The pastor placed a wooden crate by the door and those entering in threw money into the crate and those in need took from the crate when they left, ...when the meeting was over the crate still had money left in it and was left like that, by the door, ...after the door was locked from the outside. 

The follow up to the Azusa Street Revival came by the Holy Spirit 56 years later when He poured out His Revival on the "hippies" in Southern California at Costa Mesa, ...which the press named, "The Jesus People Movement."

During this Holy Spirit revival, ...the Azusa Street Revival "principal" of the Church "having all things in common" was still active, ...but the had church "forgot" this principle and focused on the false doctrine of "speaking in tongues" that supposedly came out of the Azusa Street Revival, ...these two verses came into play in the church:

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: Amos 8:11

The "famine" wasn't because there weren't any Bibles to read, there were Bibles every where, ...every home had a Bible, ...the "famine" was the churches weren't listening to what God was saying!

So..., this verse was clearly evident in the land from coast to coast:

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: Hos 4:6

Father's "people," at that time, were the hippies and the satanic drug culture that was killing them by the thousands, ...the Church was into and fighting over their particular doctrine and completely oblivious to the "dirty" drug taking hippies.

The Holy Spirit poured out revival on them and "added" to His "principle" of having all things in common, ...His "method" for studying the Bible, ...which is ...book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, ...starting at Genesis 1:1 and going to Revelation 22:21, by doing this the Holy Spirit "is" teaching His people that "lacked" knowledge 1 John 2:27, ...and when His Church has gone through the complete Bible in this manor, ...the Holy Spirit leads His pastor back to Genesis 1:1 to study through the Word again and again and again, ...until it's Raptured.

My principle online church, ...the Holy Spirit's pastor, ...who was one of those "dirty, drug taking" hippies,  has taught in the last 41 years, ...through the Word of God 3 times with this "method" the Holy Spirit has given him "in" the church the Holy Spirit planted on the East coast of America in '81.

That dear friend "is" the Holy Spirit's Church of Philadelphia, ...not some "man's" church,...His Revival is still "ongoing" and "active" today and has spread across the world!

My Jesus is the same, ...yesterday, ...today, ...and tomorrow, ...no "man" with his "textualism," ...can close the door "my" Jesus "is" holding open, ...again, ...the proof, ...I was one of those "dirty, drug taking hippies" that the Holy Spirit "saved" in July of '86, ...in a Laodicean church, and in '88 moved me out and placed me in one of His Philadelphian Churches. 

So friend, you have accused and attacked me numerous times in this thread, ...I forgive you and won't report you, ...however, you challenged me to a Soap Box Debate, ...which neither interests me or I have the time for...

But, ...I'll challenge you, ...it's very simple!!!

Tell me what State you live in, ...and the city if you want to,

...and I'll post a link to one of the Holy Spirit's "Philadelphian" Churches near you that teaches the Word of God "today," in May of 2020, ...with the same "method" He gave to His Church back in '65,

...so that "maybe," ...you can learn the Truth, ...but much more important, ...the "lurkers" reading this thread, ...won't perish from lack of knowledge!!!

Lord bless

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

2 hours ago, leah777 said:

With God's help I trust I will not be in a position of losing my faith or wandering off. If so, the subject of OSAS or not is irrelevant.

Precious sister, ...don't believe what you are hearing, ...I will "never" turn my back to God and leave, or tell Him I don't want Him any more!

You see, ...those that say those things are "never" talking about themselves, ...they are "preaching" to others, ...the "important" part they will always leave out is, ...when we make the "conscious" and "intelligent" decision to "leave," ...where or to whom will we "go!"

Peter answered this foolish doctrine when he replied to Jesus asking the "same" question:

Then Jesus said to the Twelve, Do you also wish to go away?  Then Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the Words of eternal life.  And we have believed and have known that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.  John 6:67-69

Here is a verse you need to meditate on and appropriate into you heart to calm the fear and give you the peace Father promised to us.

I have written these things to you who believe on the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.  1 John 5:13

The only "requirement" for "Eternal" life is to "believe" on the "Name" of the Son of God.

The "Name" of the Son of God is Jesus, ...Joshua on the Old Testament and it means, ...God "is" Salvation.

Beloved the word "know," is a verb used "only" in the past tense, ...when you were first saved, born again, ...you "knew" you were saved, born again, ...now today your "knowing" is in the "present tense, ...it's what you are "hearing" today, ...may I pass along to you what my pastor taught me, 

Don't throw away what you "do" know, ...for what you "don't" know...

Sister, ...you "did" know, ...so don't throw that away and exchange it for what someone write in cyber space...

May I also suggest something my pastor taught me about the book of first John, ...John said by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, "I have written these things," ...what things?

I was taught to highlight every time the Holy Spirit used the word "know" in first John and study it in the context "the" Holy Spirit intended it, ...precious, ..if you do that and let the Holy Spirit "teach" you, ...you won't have any doubt to your "eternal" security!

And if you do that, ...then go back through first John and highlight the words, "that you may," ...the "example" Jesus gave to us, ..and "false professions," found throughout the book.

Sis, if you do that, you won't ever be deceived again, ...and you will be able to "live" and "teach" the Word of 
God.

Lord bless

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Precious sister, ...don't believe what you are hearing, ...I will "never" turn my back to God and leave, or tell Him I don't want Him any more!

You see, ...those that say those things are "never" talking about themselves, ...they are "preaching" to others, ...the "important" part they will always leave out is, ...when we make the "conscious" and "intelligent" decision to "leave," ...where or to whom will we "go!"

Peter answered this foolish doctrine when he replied to Jesus asking the "same" question:

Then Jesus said to the Twelve, Do you also wish to go away?  Then Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the Words of eternal life.  And we have believed and have known that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.  John 6:67-69

Here is a verse you need to meditate on and appropriate into you heart to calm the fear and give you the peace Father promised to us.

I have written these things to you who believe on the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.  1 John 5:13

The only "requirement" for "Eternal" life is to "believe" on the "Name" of the Son of God.

The "Name" of the Son of God is Jesus, ...Joshua on the Old Testament and it means, ...God "is" Salvation.

Beloved the word "know," is a verb used "only" in the past tense, ...when you were first saved, born again, ...you "knew" you were saved, born again, ...now today your "knowing" is in the "present tense, ...it's what you are "hearing" today, ...may I pass along to you what my pastor taught me, 

Don't throw away what you "do" know, ...for what you "don't" know...

Sister, ...you "did" know, ...so don't throw that away and exchange it for what someone write in cyber space...

May I also suggest something my pastor taught me about the book of first John, ...John said by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, "I have written these things," ...what things?

I was taught to highlight every time the Holy Spirit used the word "know" in first John and study it in the context "the" Holy Spirit intended it, ...precious, ..if you do that and let the Holy Spirit "teach" you, ...you won't have any doubt to your "eternal" security!

And if you do that, ...then go back through first John and highlight the words, "that you may," ...the "example" Jesus gave to us, ..and "false professions," found throughout the book.

Sis, if you do that, you won't ever be deceived again, ...and you will be able to "live" and "teach" the Word of 
God.

Lord bless

This right here is most wonderful counsel. Absolutely beautiful.

Praise the Lord. Truly.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, dhchristian said:

I Agree with this in that this is the potential of the church of this Laodicean age,

Hi dhchristian,

I did appreciate your post and later your testimony. How great is God. Helped me to understand you more. We have mainly discussed in the eschatology section but here we are seeing each other`s heart and that is for the Body to come to maturity in Christ. Now I do hope I can help you `see` a bit clearer. So....

First I believe that the denominations and non denominations, (not people) its buildings, furniture, legal ties with the world system, its rules & regulations etc will all go into the trib, and eventually be burned by the 10 kings. Also any hard hearted people of those denom, & non denom, will also go into the trib, and hopefully repent and be part of the Great Multitude that no one can count. (Oh the mercy of God). They will not be in the Body but go onto the new earth, (re: palm branches/tabernacles)

Secondly I believe & see that it is not people who have caused these great moves of God but the Head, through His Holy Spirit guiding the Body into all truth. Then it is that people respond. But always the Holy Spirit`s work first. And you may ask, what does the final Body look like. Well scripture tells us. The Apostle Paul warned the believers of Colossians, to be careful ` and not holding fast to the head.` (Col. 2: 19)

It is as we hold fast to the head that denom, & non denom, do not matter. Going to a formal or informal meeting does not matter, but `holding fast to the Head,` is all.

If you want a look at the Body of Christ in its final stage before the `catching away,` then please look at the last video I posted - `Song for now,` (I surrender all). The people have all the flags of the world up and are praying for them plus they have cards up with everything they are surrendering to the Lord. A very moving sight of people in Nagaland in India, who really have nothing of this world but everything in Christ, humbly kneeing in the streets before man and God.

I hope that encourages you dh, and others.

• Praise God! 1