IGNORED

What becomes of OSAS people who do not overcome?

luigi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

@luigi  --  why just those who believe in OSAS?  Not overcoming is a warning to all who believe in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, OneLight said:

@luigi  --  why just those who believe in OSAS?  Not overcoming is a warning to all who believe in Christ.

Yes, overcoming our carnal inclinations is a warning to all who believe in Christ. Revelation chapters 2 and 3, and numerous other scriptures testify to this effect. Non OSAS people already adhere to this principle, whereas OSAS do not, and therefore, some of them are very much like those in Revelation chapters 2 and 3 who chose not to overcome their sins. This then brings us full circle again as to who those who awake to shame and everlasting contempt in the first resurrection at the conclusion of the beast's system in Daniel 12:2 represent? If these individuals are part of the first resurrection, would these individuals then represent the non overcomers, and if not, then who are they? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

What becomes of OSAS people who do not overcome?

1 John 5:

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 5/29/2020 at 8:00 AM, Don19 said:

First off, I don't believe Adam was created sinless.

So then, ...if Adam was created in the Image of God Gen 1:26, ...does that mean God is a sinner?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 5/29/2020 at 4:42 AM, luigi said:

I do agree with you that those who are truly in the family of God will overcome. But not all OSAS will overcome, as many OSAS people today believe as did many in the early churches in Revelation chapters 2 & 3, where they could keep on indulging in their carnal inclinations.

I agree with the above, but I have to you, I have never met anyone who freely sins and says they do so because they have forgiveness in Christ. If they did, I would truly doubt their salvation. Salvation produces fruit.

At the same time, I also have nor observed that people who say they believe they can lose their salvation, that their lives appear anymore victorious. Again, I think it is a matter of their regeneration, not their doctrine, but I do not have any extensive polling to prove it one way or the other, just anecdotal experience. In my own life, I became less sinful as I grew in Christ, as I learned to yield. I became a OSAS person, in the second half of my Christian walk, I suppose, but I do not beleive my doctrine had any effect on my behavior, even if I did sin less as a OSAS person, I think that is just coincidental, and is just a normal part of sanctification..

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

56 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Salvation produces fruit.

Yes agreed salvation produces fruit >>>should have a transformation indeed.

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

In my own life, I became less sinful as I grew in Christ, as I learned to yield. I became a OSAS person, in the second half of my Christian walk, I suppose, but I do not beleive my doctrine had any effect on my behavior, even if I did sin less as a OSAS person, I think that is just coincidental, and is just a normal part of sanctification..

I also have become less sinful as I grow in Christ. Unlike yourself, however, I started out OSAS and am now one who realizes I need to overcome in order to claim the prize. Otherwise, if I do not overcome my sins, I think I might fall into the group who upon the first awakening in Daniel 12:2, shall wake to shame and everlasting contempt.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,240
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey :) .. a honest question WHERE does this come from? "as many OSAS people today believe as did many in the early churches in Revelation chapters 2 & 3, where they could keep on indulging in their carnal inclinations."???

I know those that believe OSAS.. they are secure in Christ. And not one of them think like that. I have never meet one that does think like this. I am STILL looking for all those "GRACE! I can sin all I want now!" people.  <---Yeah.. never met one yet. Saw ONE guy many years ago in a video .. that was it. I must be missing all the "SAVED I CAN SIN ALL I WANT NOW" post.

And this" over come".. what pray you die earlier? Just playing.. your taking it out of context. Anyway.. I know I am saved. And I Know He has died for all my sins. He will always forgive me when I repent. Like Luigi.. older and closer you get to Him and KNOW Him.. you NEVER want to do any thing that He does not like.. you love Him no? And if we can't do this "LOVE" with those around us.. we never will with Him.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

On 5/28/2020 at 3:25 PM, luigi said:

would those then who awake at this time to shame and everlasting contempt represent those who did not overcome their carnal inclinations (sins)? If not, then who?

Shalom @luigi

I think your answer lies in the following verses:

Matthew 7:21-23

Matthew 25:1-12

Matthew 22:1-14 and with it Revelation 7:9 & 19:7-9

Some will be ready, some will not. Ans I'm talking about believers of course, not unbelievers who be definition will not be ready. 

A lot of the Bible talks about this division within the Kingdom. Whether it's the parables of the wheat and tares, good fish and bad fish, or all the very many prophecies of the Scriptures. The short summary is - some will be turned away from New Jerusalem with the words "I never knew you" and others will be accepted in as "good and faithful servant". Therefore, let's all strive to be in the latter group! 

I hope that answers the question you posed.

Love & Shalom 

2 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom @luigi

I think your answer lies in the following verses:

Matthew 7:21-23

Matthew 25:1-12

Matthew 22:1-14 and with it Revelation 7:9 & 19:7-9

Some will be ready, some will not. Ans I'm talking about believers of course, not unbelievers who be definition will not be ready. 

A lot of the Bible talks about this division within the Kingdom. Whether it's the parables of the wheat and tares, good fish and bad fish, or all the very many prophecies of the Scriptures. The short summary is - some will be turned away from New Jerusalem with the words "I never knew you" and others will be accepted in as "good and faithful servant". Therefore, let's all strive to be in the latter group! 

I hope that answers the question you posed.

Love & Shalom 

Good morning and peace to you Tzephanayahu,

Yes, the Lord will declare to many who will have thought they were believers in Christ, that He never knew them (Matthew 7:21-23), which is to say that they never knew the Lord either. And as God is Love (1 John 4:8 & 16), and Christ is the son of Love, those individuals to whom Christ will profess never have known, will be they who never knew love for their neighbor, which by loving their neighbor is to do God's will (Matthew 7:21). Therefore, despite their professing Christ, casting out demons, and doing other supposed good works, as they will never have truly have believed in loving their neighbor, they shall be declared being workers of iniquity (Matthew 7:23). These individuals may then very well be among those who shall awake in the first resurrection to shame and everlasting contempt in Daniel 12:2 at the conclusion of the beast's reign.

I also believe to be ready and watch is what we of faith in the Lord should be doing. Especially, as we shall all sleep prior to the Lords arrival at the conclusion of the beast's reign in Matthew 25, we should then amass all the oil (belief in the Lord's Word/His talents) within ourselves, so that we may still have illumination at His arrival.

So now the question is: Are OSAS members who do not overcome their carnal inclinations, and are therefore carnally inclined to continue sinning, among those who believe in loving their neighbor (a spiritual attribute), or are they more likely to be among they who do not believe in spiritual attributes, as they more believe in carnal attributes?

Edited by luigi
  • Well Said! 1