• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I just stumbled across this bit of news on my search engine. The music industry backed by Capitol Records is calling for a "Black Out Tuesday" in protest of the George Floyd incident. Well, here's the link but I'm not sure what they're expecting. Like radio broadcasts not to play any tunes that day? I don't know if sponsors are going to appreciate commercial losses of revenue unless they favor this. I guess we'll see. Or won't hear anything but dead air on the FM dial. I hope they don't expect me to avoid YouTube. I'm a daily listener.  

Music Industry Calls for Tuesday Blackout, Solidarity for ...

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/music-industry-companies-blackout-george-floyd...

Music Industry Calls for Tuesday Blackout, Solidarity for George Floyd – Variety Collective fury over the death of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer has prompted the music industry to...

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Just another "Political Correct" move. 

1 hour ago, ChickenCoop said:

Been so long since I listened to the radio I forgot they even existed. 

Same here. Almost. Radio to me is merely background noise for me now. It's only something to listen to while showering and driving down the street. Oh. And when I'm shopping at Walmart. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

Been so long since I have driven a car I forgot they existed. 

My first automobile, a Studebaker, didn't have a radio. Or seatbelts. Good thing I never crashed it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

When I first heard someone say call an uber,  thought what????? ? Call a peanut? ?

No that's a "goober". 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,314
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I just stumbled across this bit of news on my search engine. The music industry backed by Capitol Records is calling for a "Black Out Tuesday" in protest of the George Floyd incident. Well, here's the link but I'm not sure what they're expecting. Like radio broadcasts not to play any tunes that day? I don't know if sponsors are going to appreciate commercial losses of revenue unless they favor this. I guess we'll see. Or won't hear anything but dead air on the FM dial. I hope they don't expect me to avoid YouTube. I'm a daily listener.  

Music Industry Calls for Tuesday Blackout, Solidarity for ...

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/music-industry-companies-blackout-george-floyd...

Music Industry Calls for Tuesday Blackout, Solidarity for George Floyd – Variety Collective fury over the death of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer has prompted the music industry to...

I wondered what all might happen with these mobs of looters, etc, so I'm cancelling our doctor's appointment for Tuesday!   So I guess I'm participating in the Blackout in my own way!

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

wowww I didn't know that was happening :(  what a shame

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

this protesting is getting way out of hand! If the arresting officers actions need to be looked into and some form of reprimand or punishment is called for, fine. What irritates me, is that folks are forgetting that Floyd committed the crimes of passing counterfeit money and resisting arrest. What do folks expect the police to do? Give him a lolly and send him on his way? All this mass protesting is are people committing criminal acts for entertainment purposes. It hurts the communities they live in and that is all. Plus it is not going to help contain the Cov19 problem, just make it spread and get much worse.

Just my two bits, JJ

• Thumbs Up 2

Black Out Tuesday?

Just a final comment here to close the topic and thread. When John Lennon was assassinated, radio stations all over the world broadcasted Beatles and solo Lennon music for days. Some the entire week long. There was a mass moratorium over the weekend in New York City's Central Park. Yoko asked for one minute of silence for gatherers and those who tuned in to radio and television stations.

People observed the silence in thoughts prayers. Many wept. Sounds like a good plan. One minute should do it. I'll be listening to YouTube Tuesday night. They have videos on some of them. I've already prayed that George Floyd was saved. That's all I can do. I'm also praying for the end to rioting and the other unnecessary acts of violent outbursts. Senseless destruction saddens me. It's accomplishing nothing. 

Equally sad are acts of excessive physical maintenance for legal enforcement.

Two wrongs don't make a right.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

3 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

this protesting is getting way out of hand! If the arresting officers actions need to be looked into and some form of reprimand or punishment is called for, fine. What irritates me, is that folks are forgetting that Floyd committed the crimes of passing counterfeit money and resisting arrest. What do folks expect the police to do? Give him a lolly and send him on his way? All this mass protesting is are people committing criminal acts for entertainment purposes. It hurts the communities they live in and that is all. Plus it is not going to help contain the Cov19 problem, just make it spread and get much worse.

Just my two bits, JJ

I will just say this. If any of your family members died like this , you would not be posting comments like this, that's for sure.   Plus, if four officers can't take an unarmed man to the station, then they have not been trained to do law enforcement in civil ways.   The rest of what you said has some merits.