Epilepsy and demonic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Just joined So Hello to you all. I am doing some research on the above topic. So in order for it to work I need honest answears as Christian's I know that will be the case. So I am "Epiletic" I have my thoughts on this which my surprise you or may not. So ware is the Belief in possession with Epileptics Today. More people comment the better which is obvious.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Andrew 37 said:

Just joined So Hello to you all. I am doing some research on the above topic. So in order for it to work I need honest answears as Christian's I know that will be the case. So I am "Epiletic" I have my thoughts on this which my surprise you or may not. So ware is the Belief in possession with Epileptics Today. More people comment the better which is obvious.

Epilepsy is a real medical disorder. It is treated with medications. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Nothing to do with being possesion ,all sickness come forth because of sin ,don't worry what people say :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

Belief in possession with Epileptics

There is no spiritual possession in any form of mental illness. The sad thing about your suggesting it is that some people with mental illnesses will pick this up and start doing all sorts of rituals, fasts, prayers, self beatings etc etc in an attempt to drive a nonexistent spirit out.

It can take many posts to get someone with a mental illness to stop praying and to take there meds, one super spiritual half wit suggest there problem is spiritual and they are back fasting etc and not taking there meds.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

2 hours ago, Andrew 37 said:

So ware is the Belief in possession with Epileptics Today.

Epilepsy is a symptom with many many causes: brain tumours, chemical imbalances, injuries to the brain, infections, blood vessel malformations... In some cases there is no obvious explanation.

There is one case in the Bible - just one! - of epilepsy caused by a demon. So it's evidently not impossible that epilepsy could be of demonic origin - but statistically it's extremely unlikely.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,825
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Andrew 37 said:

Andrew, I have grand mal epilepsy.  It's triggered by a few things - flashing lights [emergency vehicle lights, disco balls, - that type of thing.]  It's also triggered by a few other things.

I have "whole brain" epilepsy.  I started having fainting spells at the age of 4 and did not have full-blown seizures until age sixteen.  Praise GOD I have not had a full-blown seizure since 2003.  I still have "auras" and pass out sometimes.  I passed out at church a couple of years ago.  Thank goodness we were all sitting down and I didn't hit my head on anything.

Am I possessed by demons?  No.

I have a minute scar on my brain.  The doctors said we will never know if it came from the car accident that I was in at age 3 and I flew into the front window, my head taken the full force ...... or......if it was from the bout of encephalitis I had at age 4, and my fever raged around 105-106 for about a week.

Either way, I praise God for good doctors and meds.  My life is 95-99% normal.   I can't go where altitudes are high - not even a little bit high.  So that excludes some travel, but c'est la vie - look at the things I CAN do.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

There are many causes for epilepsy.    Some are brain injury, especially shaken child syndrome.   I have only seen one that was a demoniac.  She was in a wheel chair, was brought to church by parents who stated she had epilepsy, but who shrieked loudly each time the pastor mentioned the Blood of Jesus!  It was extremely interruptive.  The ushers took her in back and dealt with it.  We never saw her again.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 hours ago, Andrew 37 said:

So I am "Epiletic" I have my thoughts on this which my surprise you or may not. So ware is the Belief in possession with Epileptics Today.

Some demoniacs have been known to display seizures and the like, but epilepsy is like a short-circuitry of the brain. Sometimes (mostly) genetic and in the case of my cousin, was head injury related. The boy whose father brought to Jesus and had seizures wasn't likely an epileptic disorder. If so, it was something additional and an obvious medical disorder. The evil spirits hurled the lad into the water and fires, etc. What's your take on this malady? You think your possessed or something because of epilepsy? Has this been diagnosed correctly?   

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Mark 9:17-29;  

17, And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit; 
    18, And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not. 
    19, He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me. 
    20, And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming. 
    21, And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child. 
    22, And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us. 
    23, Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 
    24, And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. 
    25, When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. 
    26, And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead. 
    27, But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose. 
    28, And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out? 
    29, And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting. 

Edited by HAZARD
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

11 hours ago, Andrew 37 said:

So with all mental illness, there are two basic concepts.

1.  We live in a sin cursed world, where nature is groaning in pain, and various mental issues are from this cursed nature.

2. We live in a spiritual world, where there are demonic forces that inflict suffering on people.

My view on this is that neither view is mutually exclusive.  Meaning, both are correct. 

Too many times we take an exclusive view that either, it is all due to spirits, or it is all due to nature.  I say both are possible.

Some people have mental illnesses or problems, simply because of this cursed nature.  Others have mental illnesses and problems, because of demonic activity.

Having heard a few stories from people who had real encounters with demons, I am absolutely convinced they exist, and they can take over people's minds, when given the opportunity.

That said, I don't believe that a demon walks by, and smacks someone on the head, and now they have Epilepsy.

I don't believe it works that way.  I think they have to infest an individual, and when they are there, you will know it.  Every single person, or story, about meeting something demonic, the people involved could feel an evil presence.

Without telling some horrifying stories (I'd rather not give people nightmares), the one story that most everyone knows would be Jim Jones, and Jonestown.   If you are not aware of the Jonestown cult and massacure, you can read about it on wiki, which has a good article. 

Regardless I am convinced that event was demonic in nature, because of the witness of a man who escaped the slaughter.  Both his baby daughter, and his wife, died in the event.

But in his own words, there was a sudden pop up storm, that blew through, and torn up jonestown.  While the severe storm only lasted a few minutes at most, he (again in his own words) felt the presence of evil in the town after the storm.  The eyes of the people changed.  Their demeanor changed.  He could see from their faces, that something had changed.  And that's when everything happened.

So with that in mind, it is my belief that only non-christians can be possessed by demons.  G-d may allow Satan to cause trouble in your life, like he did Job (the book of Job) although some jobs seems possessed too, but I do not believe that G-d will allow a Christian to be possessed by an evil spirit to give them an illness like Epilepsy.

And one of the reasons, is because everyone who is possessed by a demon, hates the Lord.  They hate the Lord Jesus, because he will send them to their eternal punishment when the time comes.  And you can not be possessed by a spirit that has utter hatred of G-d, and then pray to the Lord Jesus.  If you can pray the Lord with your mouth, and confess Jesus Christ as Lord, then you are not possessed by a Demon.

Instead, if you have Faith in the Lord, and you have an illness like this, then it is simply this cursed nature that we have to deal with, until the Lord comes again, or we go to him.

That's my view.  Hope that helps.

Edited by LonerAndy
  • Well Said! 1