missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

How long will people be wearing masks? I see them even walking outdoors with a mask. Will people remain wearing them for weeks or even months after the virus has left? Does it give people security? Will people wear masks over the flu season this year or will people just ignore the flu virus that is just as bad as COVID-19 or worse? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

People vary enormously in their anxiety levels and their willingness to live with risk. So I'm sure that there are some for whom wearing a mask gives them a sense of security - even though the mask is to protect other people, not themselves!

Personally I put a mask on if I go into a shop (and it I went on public transport it would be compulsory) - but I see no point in wearing one outdoors.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Its not a bad thing for sure. And it protects others from the wearer of the mask. Ever day I get the Jerusalem post and they are seeing a spike in cases. I don't see a spike in deaths PRAISE GOD

I do don't ware one but if some place makes you ware one.. I gladly do.. it makes others feel safe so.. I'm with Deb... no point out side..

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,825
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

How long will people be wearing masks? I see them even walking outdoors with a mask. Will people remain wearing them for weeks or even months after the virus has left? Does it give people security? Will people wear masks over the flu season this year or will people just ignore the flu virus that is just as bad as COVID-19 or worse? 

In my part of Louisiana, cases of the virus - not death - but new cases are increasing substantially EVERY day.  Most of Louisiana is fairly well, but three large areas are not.  I live smack in one of those areas.

How long will I wear a mask to the grocery store or doctor's office or to pick up medicine in a pharmacy?  Until those numbers at least flat line.

Does it give me security?  It does to a degree.  I feel like going in a very crowded place - even a small room like a doctor's office - warrants the wearing of one in MY area.  Other places in Louisiana where the case numbers are falling - not so much.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

35 minutes ago, Jayne said:

In my part of Louisiana, cases of the virus - not death - but new cases are increasing substantially EVERY day.  Most of Louisiana is fairly well, but three large areas are not.  I live smack in one of those areas.

How long will I wear a mask to the grocery store or doctor's office or to pick up medicine in a pharmacy?  Until those numbers at least flat line.

Does it give me security?  It does to a degree.  I feel like going in a very crowded place - even a small room like a doctor's office - warrants the wearing of one in MY area.  Other places in Louisiana where the case numbers are falling - not so much.

Hey neighbor! I live in one of those 3 areas too! :) 

I personally only wear a mask to the doctors office (required) and if a store requests that one be worn I will. I try to do most of my shopping via delivery or curbside pick up so I limit exposure. The rest of the time I'm working and we aren't required to wear one since we have limited contact with others. So count me as a non-mask wearer, but I understand why others would choose to wear one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

A friend of mine is a nurse and said she is devastated that “everyone” is not wearing a mask every single day until there is a vaccine.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I only wear a mask to church because our church family requires it

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Countries that wear masks tend to do much better.  They wear them usually for pollution problems but it still seems to help with the virus also.   personally i do wear one when i'm out and may do so for some time.  i have discovered that when i'n out walking that i have much less allergy problems....  that's a big thing for me.

we use hepa air filters in the house also.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

In Jan it was under twenty thousand Corona Cases, in six months its over eight Millions of ignorant smart patients.

Not including those asymptomatics patients.

Thousands died on this nation be4 confirmed positive due to the lack of hospital treatment, patients laid untreated in public hospital unable to treat them.

People underestimate this virus don't even care to wear mask, its called Natural Selection.

Or may be survival of the fittest.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I will wear a mask for as long as the medical people advice us to do so.  It protects others around me if I am infected and do not know it at the time. I do not have issue with this. I only wish others would do the same so that I may be protected as well. 

• Thumbs Up 3