• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

This is why I often ask readers to critique their sources as much as they do my posts.

Yeah, I do make the best attempts in doing just that. It would be a little easier for me to have them less overly worded with impressive complexities and more directly to the point. When they ramble too extensively it's a bit exhausting as well. Breaking them into better formatted paragraphs would also be a boon to your excellent writing skills. It's perfectly alright to be down to earth and on ground level once in a while. Loosen up, bro! 

And have a nice day! 1164255849_blinkysmiley.gif.caa77f7c5739e64357f7b5e5254d7eca.gif

• Group:  Royal Member

5 hours ago, Josheb said:

God did, in fact, divorce Israel both as a nation and as a religiously law-based group because of their chronic willful disobedience and idolatrous adultery. The righteous live by faith and old covenant Israel did not do so.

So, you don't feel that the Lord's intent is still to save His chosen ones. Everything of cumulative events in Revelations with the New Jerusalem and re-creation of a new Heaven and new Earth seem indicative of His love for the Hebrew nation and as we both know, they will look on Him whom they have pierced. Now, we could say those who do are then doomed in damnation at that occurrence. We could.

But, I still feel the Lord has plans for salvation, including covenant restoration.

He will keep His promises. This is what the Tribulation is for. It is harsh judgement and it's fully intended for them not believing on the Messiah. Still, I feel in my spirit  countless will come to believe in Jesus Christ as the Lord. Sure, most of the history of the world's people will be sent to the Lake of Fire. God's people will return to Him one way or another. These are just my thoughts in random. I'm in mourning. 

I had no idea you felt this way. Why would a christian pro-judaic website be of any interest to you? 

P.S. This is simply an add on to the post. Here is why I am in mourning. 

And just one more question. Are you Messianic then? Meaning, a Jewish believer? 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Praying! 1

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm in mourning. 

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

P.S. This is simply an add on to the post. Here is why I am in mourning. 

BeauJangles created a topic in Prayer Requests

Nancy Passed Away Last Night

Praying for You!vic66 reacted to this

Thank you, Vic. That's very sweet of you to pray for me concerning my time of mourning and grief. I know I sometimes give you a hard time, but a lot of it is in my somewhat odd and peculiar way of truth in an aspect of humor as well. Nothing with malentent on my behalf, brother. Not really. I'm kind of a madcap Leprechaun sometimes. But, I'm a decent God fearing dude that loves Jesus Christ intensely and with an impassioned sense of having known Him in my heart for so many years. My time will come to an end someday probably soon, but you and the other younger folk will continue on if the Lord should so tarry. Still, in my soul I feel His coming is indeed expected soon. Hopefully very soon. 

ANDRAE CROUCH

Soon And Very Soon Lyrics  

Soon and very soon,
We are going to see the King,
Soon and very soon,
We are going to see the King.
Soon and very soon,
Hallelujah, hallelujah,

Soon and very soon,
Soon and very soon,
Soon and very soon,
Hallelujah, hallelujah,

No more crying there,
No more crying there,
No more crying there,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah,

Hallelujah.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ah.

No more dying there,
No more dying there,
No more dying there,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah,

Hallelujah.

Should there be any rivers we must cross,
Should there be any mountains we must climb,
God will supply all the strength that we need,
Give us grace 'til we reach the other side.

We have come from every nation,
God knows each of us by name.
Jesus took His blood and He washed our sins,
And He washed them all away.
Yes, there are some of us,
Who have laid down our lives,
But we all shall live again,
On the other side.

Oh so soon and very soon,
Soon and very soon,
Soon and very soon,
Hallelujah, hallelujah,

Hallelujah.
Hallelujah.
Hallelujah.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ah

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, Josheb said:

How did God handle His divorce of Israel in the end? 

It's common, as we have already seen, to appeal to Hosea or the Abrahamic covenant to argue perpetuity. Certain theologies within Christianity do so much more than others so let's look at Hosea and Malachi and how God left things marriage-wise. 

Malachi 2:10-3:4 
 "Do we not all have one father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously each against his brother so as to profane the covenant of our fathers?  Judah has dealt treacherously, and an abomination has been committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah has profaned the sanctuary of the LORD which He loves and has married the daughter of a foreign god.  As for the man who does this, may the LORD cut off from the tents of Jacob everyone who awakes and answers, or who presents an offering to the LORD of hosts.  This is another thing you do: you cover the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping and with groaning, because He no longer regards the offering or accepts it with favor from your hand.  Yet you say, 'For what reason?' Because the LORD has been a witness between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant.  But not one has done so who has a remnant of the Spirit. And what did that one do while he was seeking a godly offspring? Take heed then to your spirit, and let no one deal treacherously against the wife of your youth.  For I hate divorce,' says the LORD, the God of Israel, 'and him who covers his garment with wrong," says the LORD of hosts. 'So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously. You have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet you say, 'How have we wearied Him?' In that you say, 'Everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and He delights in them,' or, 'Where is the God of justice? Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming,' says the LORD of hosts.  'But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap.  He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the LORD offerings in righteousness.  Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the LORD as in the days of old and as in former years.'"

Was not Malachi rebuking those mentioned in Ezra Ch 10 here?

There were 4 who were opposed. 

Some believe that what was done in Ezra 10 was God's will. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

19 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, I do make the best attempts in doing just that. It would be a little easier for me to have them less overly worded with impressive complexities and more directly to the point. When they ramble too extensively it's a bit exhausting as well. Breaking them into better formatted paragraphs would also be a boon to your excellent writing skills. It's perfectly alright to be down to earth and on ground level once in a while. Loosen up, bro! 

And have a nice day! 1164255849_blinkysmiley.gif.caa77f7c5739e64357f7b5e5254d7eca.gif

once again have I got to agree his post I just to complex  for me 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

source e book: Divorce and Remarriage Repentance Revolution - www.DivorceAndRemarriageBook.com 

Choose This Day Whose Testimony You Will Believe! We have seen in Malachi (Mal_2:14) that the Lord is the witness of the original marriage covenant (that is, ‗the wife of their youth‘), but we should also realize that because of this, He has said that He is also the witness against all who commit adultery and violate such covenants! Jer_29:23 CAB  because of the iniquity which they wrought in Israel, and because they committed adultery [ἐκνηρ῵λτν – Imperfect Tense (on-going action): this is actually: were committing adultery (see RMAC: V-IMI-3P)] with the wives of their fellow citizens, and spoke a word* in My name, which I did not command them… and I am witness, says the Lord. 

[* MT says, ―lying words‖ (KJV), but the NT strongly approves of the LXX version of Jeremiah] 

I come across people over and over again who remain in their remarriage but say that they have ―repented‖ of adultery and think that ‗the devil can no longer bring this up against them,‘ but the problem is that they have God as their witness testifying against them that they are adulterers, and this is because He is also the witness of the first marriage covenant (as we have seen in Malachi). And because they refuse to come into forgiveness on God‘s terms of repentance and forsaking sin, God will witness against their adultery and witness for the marriage He sealed! People who are claiming ―forgiveness‖ from adultery without leaving adulterous remarriages are as those in Jeremiah 29:  

Jer_29:23 CAB  …they… committed adultery… and spoke a word in My name, which I did not command them… 

God never said that He would forgive anyone who continues in sin, no matter what religious ceremonies that they may observe. But contrary to this, today‘s pastors give promises of forgiveness from God without any regard for Biblical repentance, to which God says, ―I did not command them [this].‖     If we are ever going to understand what the Bible commands us to do about repenting of divorce and remarriage, then we need to first understand that there are at least two primary views about this sin that we can choose from… 

2Sa 3 – David and The Lord‟s Example About Divorce And Remarriage

Saul gave Michal to David as his first wife for ―100 Philistine foreskins,‖ (1Sa_18:20-27; MT says ― 200‖).  David was separated from her, and she remarried another man named Phaltiel, having been given to him by her father, (1Sa_25:44). 

Later David came to power and called his first wife back to himself:

2Sa_3:14-16 CAB  And David sent messengers to Ishbosheth [μ μυιβοςθ *] the son of Saul, saying, Restore [Ἀ όδορ – give over (to)] me my wife Michal, whom I took for a hundred foreskins of the Philistines.  15  And Ishbosheth [μ μυιβοςθ *] sent, and took her from her husband, from Paltiel the son of Laish.  16  And her husband went with her weeping behind her as far as Bahurim. And Abner said to him, Go, return [i.e. to your home]; and he returned. 

David stayed married to Michal for the rest of her life, (2Sa_6:16-23).  In Jeremiah 3:1-22 (quoted previously) the Lord specifically applied the Mosaic divorce laws to a wife leaving her husband to be with others. This specifically parallels David and Michal‘s situation: Michal left David and was with another man, but then David acted contrary to the prescription of the Law of Moses by returning to his first wife, just like God did with Israel!  

Unlike the way he treated Michal, David would not return to his secondary wives (his ten concubines) after his son had sexually defiled them during David‘s second flight from Israel, (2Sa_16:22; 20:3). His first wife had gone further in her deviation and defilement from her faithfulness to David than the ten, but David showed greater determination to return to the one who had been more defiled by being remarried, than he did with the ten, because Michal was his first wife. 

What Can We See From This? 

We can see from this that God places a profound priority on the first wife. 

We can see that God does not place a priority on secondary wives.  

We can see that when polygamy was allowed, secondary wives could at times be put away, even when there was only temporary (and perhaps involuntary) defilement . 

We can see that it was not acceptable in God‘s mind nor in David‘s heart to remain separated from the first wife, even if the defilement was great and the faithlessness extensive. 

A Summary of Sacrifice, Sabbath, and Returning to the First After Remarriage

We can see a consistent undeniable paralleling pattern between Jesus and David on the issues of Sacrifice and Offering, The Sabbath, and other foreshadowings of New Covenant teaching and principals. How can we suddenly, without warning, break this consistently reoccurring pattern in our minds when it comes to the issue of breaking up divorce and remarriage? How can we do this when Jesus consistently taught that David‘s example should take priority over the Law of Moses in establishing the New Covenant?  It turns out that not only does God consistently approve of David‘s example of breaking up divorce and remarriage and returning his wife to himself, her first spouse, but God actually considers David‘s actions so perfect of an example that, from Jeremiah to Hosea, God constantly uses David‘s example as a picture of his insistence of returning Israel to Himself: 

Hos_6:7 CAB But they [Judah and Israel/ ―Ephraim‖ (Hos_5:8-15)] are as a man transgressing a covenant. 

Hos_7:4 CAB They are all adulterers… 

Hos_3:5 CAB And afterward shall the children of Israel return, and shall seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall be amazed at the Lord and at His goodness in the latter days. 

Hos_2:7 CAB …and she shall say, I will go, and return to my former husband… 

How is it that this man David was so amazing that he went about through life with the affirmation of doing works never before described in the Law of Moses, and God Himself constantly turned around and approved of these actions as perfect pictures of Himself performing redemption for Israel, and ultimately, all mankind? 

Act_2:29-30 CAB …David… 30  …being a prophet… 

Act_13:21-23 CAB …and God… 22  …raised up for them David as king, to whom He also said bearing witness, ‗I have found David the son of Jesse, to be a man in accordance with My own heart, who will do all My will.‘  23  God, from the seed of this man, according to the promise, has brought to Israel salvation, 

And in what way is Israel saved? 

Hos_2:7 CAB …and she shall say, I will go, and return to my former husband…

Edited by vic66

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

13 minutes ago, Josheb said:

We don't think of divorce as redemptive because normally it isn't redemptive but that is more a function of the flesh and not God's precepts. The same is true of remarriage. 

Very good points and very well articulated. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

The Catholic Church view of Divorce: 

IV. Offenses Against the Dignity of Marriage

Adultery

2380 Adultery refers to marital infidelity. When two partners, of whom at least one is married to another party, have sexual relations - even transient ones - they commit adultery. Christ condemns even adultery of mere desire.170 The sixth commandment and the New Testament forbid adultery absolutely.171 The prophets denounce the gravity of adultery; they see it as an image of the sin of idolatry.172

2381 Adultery is an injustice. He who commits adultery fails in his commitment. He does injury to the sign of the covenant which the marriage bond is, transgresses the rights of the other spouse, and undermines the institution of marriage by breaking the contract on which it is based. He compromises the good of human generation and the welfare of children who need their parents' stable union.

Divorce

2382 The Lord Jesus insisted on the original intention of the Creator who willed that marriage be indissoluble.173 He abrogates the accommodations that had slipped into the old Law.174 
Between the baptized, "a ratified and consummated marriage cannot be dissolved by any human power or for any reason other than death."175

2383 The separation of spouses while maintaining the marriage bond can be legitimate in certain cases provided for by canon law.176 
If civil divorce remains the only possible way of ensuring certain legal rights, the care of the children, or the protection of inheritance, it can be tolerated and does not constitute a moral offense.

2384 Divorce is a grave offense against the natural law. It claims to break the contract, to which the spouses freely consented, to live with each other till death. Divorce does injury to the covenant of salvation, of which sacramental marriage is the sign. Contracting a new union, even if it is recognized by civil law, adds to the gravity of the rupture: the remarried spouse is then in a situation of public and permanent adultery:

If a husband, separated from his wife, approaches another woman, he is an adulterer because he makes that woman commit adultery, and the woman who lives with him is an adulteress, because she has drawn another's husband to herself.177

2385 Divorce is immoral also because it introduces disorder into the family and into society. This disorder brings grave harm to the deserted spouse, to children traumatized by the separation of their parents and often torn between them, and because of its contagious effect which makes it truly a plague on society.

2386 It can happen that one of the spouses is the innocent victim of a divorce decreed by civil law; this spouse therefore has not contravened the moral law. There is a considerable difference between a spouse who has sincerely tried to be faithful to the sacrament of marriage and is unjustly abandoned, and one who through his own grave fault destroys a canonically valid marriage.178

Other offenses against the dignity of marriage

2387 The predicament of a man who, desiring to convert to the Gospel, is obliged to repudiate one or more wives with whom he has shared years of conjugal life, is understandable. However polygamy is not in accord with the moral law." [Conjugal] communion is radically contradicted by polygamy; this, in fact, directly negates the plan of God which was revealed from the beginning, because it is contrary to the equal personal dignity of men and women who in matrimony give themselves with a love that is total and therefore unique and exclusive."179 The Christian who has previously lived in polygamy has a grave duty in justice to honor the obligations contracted in regard to his former wives and his children.

2388 Incest designates intimate relations between relatives or in-laws within a degree that prohibits marriage between them.180 St. Paul stigmatizes this especially grave offense: "It is actually reported that there is immorality among you . . . for a man is living with his father's wife.... In the name of the Lord Jesus ... you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh...."181 Incest corrupts family relationships and marks a regression toward animality.

2389 Connected to incest is any sexual abuse perpetrated by adults on children or adolescents entrusted to their care. the offense is compounded by the scandalous harm done to the physical and moral integrity of the young, who will remain scarred by it all their lives; and the violation of responsibility for their upbringing.

2390 In a so-called free union, a man and a woman refuse to give juridical and public form to a liaison involving sexual intimacy.

The expression "free union" is fallacious: what can "union" mean when the partners make no commitment to one another, each exhibiting a lack of trust in the other, in himself, or in the future?

The expression covers a number of different situations: concubinage, rejection of marriage as such, or inability to make long-term commitments.182 All these situations offend against the dignity of marriage; they destroy the very idea of the family; they weaken the sense of fidelity. They are contrary to the moral law. the sexual act must take place exclusively within marriage. Outside of marriage it always constitutes a grave sin and excludes one from sacramental communion.

2391 Some today claim a "right to a trial marriage" where there is an intention of getting married later. However firm the purpose of those who engage in premature sexual relations may be, "the fact is that such liaisons can scarcely ensure mutual sincerity and fidelity in a relationship between a man and a woman, nor, especially, can they protect it from inconstancy of desires or whim."183 Carnal union is morally legitimate only when a definitive community of life between a man and woman has been established. Human love does not tolerate "trial marriages." It demands a total and definitive gift of persons to one another.184

-Roman Catholic Catechism 

The Catholics have one of most detailed responses to offenses in marriage, that is why I shared it. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

It is worth noting only the priests are cited to have put away their wives. There is no mention of divorce among those not of the priesthood.

Ezra 10:18-44

Among the sons of the priests there were found that had taken strange wives of the sons of Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren; Maaseiah, and Eliezer, and Jarib, and Gedaliah.  And of the sons of Immer; Hanani, and Zebadiah. And of the sons of Harim; Maaseiah, and Elijah, and Shemaiah, and Jehiel, and Uzziah. And of the sons of Pashur; Elioenai, Maaseiah, Ishmael, Nethaneel, Jozabad, and Elasah. (17)

Also of the Levites; Jozabad, and Shimei, and Kelaiah, Pethahiah, Judah, and Eliezer. Of the singers also; Eliashib: and of the porters; Shallum, and Telem, and Uri. (10)

Moreover of Israel: of the sons of Parosh; Ramiah, and Jeziah, and Malchiah, and Miamin, and Eleazar, and Malchijah, and Benaiah.  And of the sons of Elam; Mattaniah, Zechariah, :and Jehiel, and Abdi, and Jeremoth, and Eliah.  And of the sons of Zattu; Elioenai, Eliashib, Mattaniah, and Jeremoth, and Zabad, and Aziza.  Of the sons also of Bebai; Jehohanan, Hananiah, Zabbai,  Athlai.  And of the sons of Bani; Meshullam, Malluch, and Adaiah, Jashub, and Sheal, and Ramoth.  And of the sons of Pahathmoab; Adna, and Chelal, Benaiah, Maaseiah, Mattaniah, Bezaleel, and Binnui, and Manasseh.  And the sons of Harim; Eliezer, Ishijah, Malchiah, Shemaiah, Shimeon,  Benjamin, Malluch,  Shemariah. Of the sons of Hashum; Mattenai, Mattathah, Zabad, Eliphelet, Jeremai, Manasseh,  Shimei.  Of the sons of Bani; Maadai, Amram, and Uel, Benaiah, Bedeiah, Chelluh, Vaniah, Meremoth, Eliashib,  Mattaniah, Mattenai, and Jaasau,  And Bani, and Binnui, Shimei, And Shelemiah, and Nathan, and Adaiah,  Machnadebai, Shashai, Sharai, Azareel, and Shelemiah, Shemariah,  Shallum, Amariah,  Joseph. Of the sons of Nebo; Jeiel, Mattithiah, Zabad, Zebina, Jadau, and Joel, Benaiah. (86) All these had taken strange wives: and  of them had wives by whom they had children.

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

As far as whether or not those events were "God's will," or not nothing in history occurs without either God's sovereign dictate or His sovereign permission. Even things God did not want (like a monarchy or a man-made temple of stone) were used by Him according to His plan and purpose in creation. 

Please forgive my use of words. I should have asked, was that the right thing to do?

6 hours ago, Josheb said:
20 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

So, you don't feel that the Lord's intent is still to save His chosen ones....

Yes, of course the Lord's intent is to save His chosen ones.

That's great to hear. You had me worried there for a while. 

6 hours ago, Josheb said:

And this discussion is about marriage, divorce, and remarriage. 

I'm very well aware of the subject and topic at hand.

Thanks for the reminder.

I think!

And have a nice day! 389909742_blinkysmiley.gif.eadb61c88f7167fbb4048dc6649ce53f.gif