• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Son of Israel said:

Jesus Christ, as the verse states of course.

From John 17.1-John 17.3

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

When I read this verses, I see it clearly as the Father is the only true God.  In John 17.3 - "and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" Who is "thou" referring to? 

So explain to me how you came to the conclusion that Jesus Christ is the only true God?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

AND  BECAUSE  I  TELL  YOU  THE  TRUTH  YOU  BELIEVE  ME  NOT

ISAIAH 55:1  ho everyone that thirsteth come you to --THE  WATERS-- and he that hath no money come you buy and eat yea come buy wine and milk without money and without price 

--55:2-- wherefore do you spend money for that which is not bread and your labor for that which satisfieth not --HEARKEN  DILIGENTLY  UNTO  ME  AND  EAT  THAT  WHICH  IS  GOOD-- and let your soul delight itself in fatness

JOHN 6:48  ******* I  AM  THAT  BREAD  OF  LIFE******* --6:49-- your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness and are dead  --6:50-- this is the bread which cometh down from heaven that a man may eat thereof and not die   --6:51--  I  AM  THE  LIVING  BREAD  WHICH  CAME  DOWN  FROM  HEAVEN  -- if any man eat of this bread -- he shall live forever and the bread that I give is  MY  FLESH  which I will give for the life of the world

1 CORINTHIANS 10:1 moreover brethren I would not that you be ignorant how that all our fathers were under the cloud and all passed through the sea --10:2-- and were all baptized into moses in the cloud and in the sea --10:3--  and did all eat the same spiritual  meat 

--10:4-- and did all drink the spiritual drink for they drank of that spiritual rock that followed them --- AND  THAT  ROCK  WAS  CHRIST ---

ACTS 8:17  then they laid their hands on them and they received the holy spirit  --8:18-- and when simon saw that through laying on of the apostles hands the holy spirit was given he --- OFFERED  THEM  MONEY ---8:19--- saying give me also this power that on whomsoever I lay hands he may receive the holy spirit

--8:20--  but peter said unto him thy money perish with thee because thou hast thought that the --GIFT  OF  GOD  MAY  BE  PURCHASED  WITH  MONEY--

--8:21--  THOU  HAST  NEITHER  PART  NOR  LOT  IN  THIS  MATTER  FOR  THY  HEART  IS  NOT  RIGHT  IN  THE  SIGHT  OF  GOD 

--8:22-- REPENT  THEREFORE  OF  THIS  THY  WICKEDNESS  AND  PRAY  GOD  IF  THE  THOUGHT  OF  THINE  HEART  MAY  BE  FORGIVEN  THEE

JOHN 14:18  I  WILL  NOT  LEAVE  YOU  COMFORTLESS  I  WILL  COME  TO  YOU 

JOHN 14:26  but the comforter which is the holy spirit whom  THE  FATHER  will send in  MY  NAME  he shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever --I  HAVE  SAID  UNTO  YOU --

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto  you  they are spirit  and they are life

PSALM119:50  THIS  IS  MY  COMFORT  IN  MY  AFFLICTION  FOR  THY  WORD  HATH  QUICKENED  ME   

--119:76--  let I pray thee thy merciful kindness be  --FOR  MY  COMFORT-- according to thy word unto thy servant 

ROMANS 15:4  FOR  WHATSOEVER  THINGS  WERE  WRITTEN  AFORETIME WERE  WRITTEN  FOR  OUR  LEARNING  THAT  WE  THROUGH  PATIENCE  AND  --COMFORT  OF  THE  SCRIPTURES --  MIGHT  HAVE  HOPE

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that have  --THE  TESTIMONY  OF  JESUS  WORSHIP  GOD  for the testimony of  JESUS  IS  THE  SPIRIT  OF  PROPHECY

LOVING  THE  LORD  JEUS  CHRIST

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/21/1955

8 minutes ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

From John 17.1-John 17.3

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
John 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

When I read this verses, I see it clearly as the Father is the only true God.  In John 17.3 - "and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" Who is "thou" referring to? 

So explain to me how you came to the conclusion that Jesus Christ is the only true God?

Jesus is my Father of course.

Joh 14:7  If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 
Joh 14:8  Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 
Joh 14:9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 

His Father was Abraham, whom He inherited "The Promise of the Father";

(Luk 1:73) The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

Gal 3:16  Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The N.T. is about this Father;

at 1:1)  The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Here Jesus speaks of His Father;

(Joh 8:53)  Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
(Joh 8:54)  Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
(Joh 8:55)  Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
(Joh 8:56)  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
(Joh 8:57)  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
(Joh 8:58)  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus is the One True Lord God as per scriptures;

(Mar 12:29)  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Who is this One Lord God?

(Act 10:36)  The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

The Husband has Children. Jesus is the Husband;

(Rom 7:4)  Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

This is His Wife, we who believe;

(Rev 21:9)  ... Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

(Rev 22:17)  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

I speak as my husband Jesus speaks, and in me and those who hear, is formed His Son, "Christ in you"...

(Col 1:27)  To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Here is a beautiful picture of how we are formed the son of God within us as Jesus says, when we Marry Him and conceive of His son;

(Joh 16:21)  A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

(Heb 2:13)  And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

We who are Married to this One Lord God Jesus resurrected, are called the Mother City Jerusalem, as we birth sons of God in us, Fathered by Jesus Christ our Husband;

(Gal 4:26)  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Paul put it like this also a couple verses earlier;

(Gal 4:19)  My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

etc etc... the entire Bible is about Christ, Emanuel, God with us.

These are just a handful of scriptures how I know Jesus as my One True Living Lord God.

Not to mention, He is Come and dwells in me and shall never leave nor forsake me.  He is my Holy Quickening Spirit by which He has birthed me from above by His Resurrected Incorruptible Seed... who dwells in me, my Head, I, part of His body... the example of Christ and the Church is with Husbands and Wives as recorded in other parts of the N.T.  

That is just a little bit of testimony of the pure Word of God how I know Jesus as my One True Living Lord God from the dead, and thank you for asking :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

There is one thing I like people here to answer, in John 17.3, this statement here -

When reading in context with the other verses, who is the "thee" here that is being referred to as "the only true God"?

The Trinity, because in same chapter Jesus says, “21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one.”(John 17:21-22). :) 

• Praying! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

There is one thing I like people here to answer, in John 17.3, this statement here -

When reading in context with the other verses, who is the "thee" here that is being referred to as "the only true God"?

Jesus Christ came to take us to the Heavenly Father...

No one new or have  the Heavenly Father before...

We only could have the  Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ....

So the "thee"is referring to the Heavenly Father..

2 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

At the same time man had the Heavenly Father...he also had the Heavenly Inheritance...

Jesus Christ open the way to the Heavenly Father for mankind...

This why Jesus said...the time is coming to know the....the Heavenly Father...

John 1: 

18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

54 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus Christ came to take us to the Heavenly Father...

No one new or have  the Heavenly Father before...

We only could have the  Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ....

So the "thee"is referring to the Heavenly Father..

Here you are supporting the Trinity, For Jesus and The Father are One (John 10:30, John 17:20-23) and the Holy Spirit proceeds from them both: 

“Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6) 

“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” (John 14:26)

”"But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.” (John 15:26)

“21 Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you."
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld." ( John 20:21-23)

Ave, colenda Trinitas, is an anonymous Latin hymn of the 11th century, translated by John David Chambers (1803-93). It is set to the familiar tune by Louis Bourgeois (c. 1510-61) best known as the Doxology, or "Praise God from whom all blessings flow" (also "Old Hundredth).

All hail, adorèd Trinity!
All hail, eternal Unity!
O God the Father, God the Son,
And God the Spirit, ever One.

Three Persons praise we evermore,
One only God our hearts adore:
In thy sure mercy ever kind
May we our strong protection find.

O Trinity! O Unity!
Be present as we worship thee;
And with the songs that angels sing
Unite the hymns of praise we bring

8 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Ave, colenda Trinitas, is an anonymous Latin hymn of the 11th century, translated by John David Chambers (1803-93). It is set to the familiar tune by Louis Bourgeois (c. 1510-61) best known as the Doxology, or "Praise God from whom all blessings flow" (also "Old Hundredth).

All hail, adorèd Trinity!
All hail, eternal Unity!
O God the Father, God the Son,
And God the Spirit, ever One.

Three Persons praise we evermore,
One only God our hearts adore:
In thy sure mercy ever kind
May we our strong protection find.

O Trinity! O Unity!
Be present as we worship thee;
And with the songs that angels sing
Unite the hymns of praise we bring