Charlie744

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, I was hoping to receive some interesting comments on my previous post- Daniel 7:7 v. 7:19... I know there are some creative folks in this site, and I need a little break from Daniel.

So, I would like your thoughts on why the first 3 plagues affected both the Jews and the Egyptians, while the last 7 affected only the Egyptians..... AND, as in SO MANY times in the OT, how will this SAME pattern be seen in the end times (Revelation).

Thank you, Charlie 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Ok, I was hoping to receive some interesting comments on my previous post- Daniel 7:7 v. 7:19... I know there are some creative folks in this site, and I need a little break from Daniel.

So, I would like your thoughts on why the first 3 plagues affected both the Jews and the Egyptians, while the last 7 affected only the Egyptians..... AND, as in SO MANY times in the OT, how will this SAME pattern be seen in the end times (Revelation).

Thank you, Charlie 

First you must prove your premise that the Jews were affected by the first 3 plagues and not the last 7. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you saying you have a different understanding, and if so, please explain?

Thank you.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

13 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Thank you, Charlie 

Charlie,

Are you referring to the of seven plagues of Revelation 15:5 to 16:21?  If so, apparently all of these seven plagues are poured out on the wicked, not on God's chosen ones.

My initial reference is to the 10 plagues before the Exodus from Egypt. It is my understanding that the first 3 plagues affected everyone including the Jews, however the following 7 plagues only affected the Egyptians. Why?

The second question is:

Do we see the same pattern in the end of times....

Thanks, Charlie 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

59 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

My initial reference is to the 10 plagues before the Exodus from Egypt. It is my understanding that the first 3 plagues affected everyone including the Jews, however the following 7 plagues only affected the Egyptians. Why?

Although the first three plagues affected both Israelites and Egyptians, the Israelites must have known that God was not meaning to punish them, but in this way they were probably enabled to feel how severe a blow it was to the Egyptians. Furthermore, any who doubted God's power among the Israelites would come to know its force first hand.  Another point may be that Pharaoh and his priests may have doubted that God could protect his own people until the fourth plague started.  Later, with the rest of the plagues, I would imagine that everything became clearer and clearer to Pharaoh.  

Personally, I don't see a direct pattern with the end times.

13 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Are you saying you have a different understanding, and if so, please explain?

Thank you.

Hi Charlie7744, Well done for a clear, correctly spelt thread title "Exodus - 10 Plagues", but what I am asking is that you introduce reasons to believe that the Israelites were affected by the first 3 plagues and not the last 7 plagues.

What leads you to believe this and what Scriptural support for this belief do you have, please? 

Thanks, not sure I understand your initial comment about the “correct title”... please explain why you started your response with this.

Secondly, if you believe the 3/7 plagues are incorrect, no problem! Please provide your thoughts - I would like to hear them! 

Howver, my inquiry is to try and learn what others believe not only at the time of the Exodus but if we should expect a similar occurrence at the “2nd Exodus”. God seems to ALWAYS tell us what will happen before it happens... 

Thanks, Charlie 

2 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Thanks, not sure I understand your initial comment about the “correct title”... please explain why you started your response with this.

Secondly, if you believe the 3/7 plagues are incorrect, no problem! Please provide your thoughts - I would like to hear them! 

Howver, my inquiry is to try and learn what others believe not only at the time of the Exodus but if we should expect a similar occurrence at the “2nd Exodus”. God seems to ALWAYS tell us what will happen before it happens... 

Thanks, Charlie 

Hi again Charlie744, On the one hand I was complimenting you on posting a clear thread title with correct spelling, because these two qualities are often lacking on forums like this, and on the other hand I am concerned that you may have opened your thread with a fallacious presumption, or something similar to a "loaded question" as it is known, whereby there is no evidence given for what you imply is true and yet you request reasons for it. 

When you ask 

21 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

why the first 3 plagues affected both the Jews and the Egyptians, while the last 7 affected only the Egyptians..... AND, as in SO MANY times in the OT, how will this SAME pattern be seen in the end times (Revelation).

you are immediately open to a challenge as to the truth of what you believe. 

What I am asking you to do is state why you believe the first 3 plagues affected both the Jews and the Egyptians and the last 7 affected only the Egyptians.

If you cannot first prove this to be so then any reasons for a cause of this are invalid, baseless, and worthless. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/21/2020 at 10:25 AM, Charlie744 said:

how will this SAME pattern be seen in the end times (Revelation).

There will not be the same pattern in the end times situation, as clearly described in Revelation.