• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  900
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/10/2020 at 8:27 AM, Mary8 said:

Help me to see what to click.   I am trying to do a screenshot of Worthy Christian.   The 3 bars has a choice of Purple, Steel, etc.    

hi..  If I may make a suggestion..  perhaps try to click the 'button' thingy.. that is just to the left of the three bars.. (i.e  the black and white thingy)..

-    does a large popup appear which has the title 'Background picker' at the top left.. and below it some square pictures /options such as   purple..  steel etc?

If so.. try to scroll /look further down below those pictures..  is there another title 'Customize layout' .. a bit below the pictures.. on the left?

If so.. further below that title.. is there several sentences such as.... 'Blurred background '..  'mobile navigation bar'.. etc?

If you have that on your screen... try to click /drag the button next to the words 'Blurred background'.. so that the green colour button becomes fully grey..

Then scroll /look even further down to the bottom right of the popup screen... is there a green  'save' button on the bottom right?

If so click that save button to save the new settings.  (But please check first to make sure the earlier button next to the words 'blurred background' is still fully grey and hasn't popped back to green colour' )

Just a suggestion.  I hope this helps.

Thank you.

:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for the suggestions.   I did that, clicked the toggle (upper right) but scrolled down, but the words Blurred Background isn't available.

Just have:    Mobil Nav Bar - Larger Font For Posts  - Sticky Author Panel

Mobil Nav. Bar is on, others are not.   I may play with it sometime.   It seems to be my browser that has caused problems, so my son will make some changes when he comes in a few weeks.

Thanks again.

Edited by Mary8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,358
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I found out that the sky blue background was too hard on my eyes (background of posts was pale blue).

So I have now switched to Purple, and have a white background for the posts.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,010
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 10/8/2020 at 3:56 PM, Coliseum said:

Mathematics is a language too and is  built using logic whose symbols, from axiom, through arguments, all the way to conclusion, is unbreakable. 2 + 2 = 4 is meaningful only when the "+" sign and the "=" sign are used. 2  2  4 have no meaning other than that they are useless numbers until they are defined by the symbols.

Good one, Coliseum. I enjoy the way mathematics is a universal language, with numbers being the same for all nations, tribes, kindreds, and people no matter what sounds or symbols are used to convey them.

You will know this sequence: 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/13/2020 at 5:07 PM, Michael37 said:

Good one, Coliseum. I enjoy the way mathematics is a universal language, with numbers being the same for all nations, tribes, kindreds, and people no matter what sounds or symbols are used to convey them.

You will know this sequence: 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,..

Certainly true, but it did develop over many years with things like the zero being quite an innovation from India, as I recall. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 10/10/2020 at 6:29 PM, Aimes said:

I tend to use chrome. I hope they can get it lined up to work more efficiently for you. In the meantime, if we can assist with anything, just let us know. :) 

I did try Microsoft Edge because they were desperately wanting to download it. No, I'm not nearly the level of being impressed with it as I have been with Bing which is also a Microsoft search engine. But, then shortly after trying to use it with the newly designed site, the top bar was blackened out. I switched back to Chrome (Google) but now it's still darkened and the top bar titles are extremely difficult to see. The hinge to the screen is cracked on my laptop and I can't angle is now. I can't close it either or the screen starts coming off of the frame around it. 

Approximate Repair Cost: $100 - $300. Not good. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 10/10/2020 at 6:33 PM, Aimes said:

Hey brother. I’m actually not a mod. (Or haven’t been told I am) I just have some access to be on the ministry team. I think when the site switched those of us on that team were labeled this way but the actual mods are the ones with the title if that makes sense. 

Oh? I couldn't help but notice a number of you have an armored shield under your profile avatars/pics. My mouse over that symbol indicates this: aimes is a moderator. So again, congratulations. Apparently, you've been drafted. Now it's time to march, thou soldier of the cross. 

P.S. I no longer have a color choice on my one style of font? What's up? 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Oh? I couldn't help but notice a number of you have an armored shield under your profile avatars/pics. My mouse over that symbol indicates this: aimes is a moderator. So again, congratulations. Apparently, you've been drafted. Now it's time to march, thou soldier of the cross. 

P.S. I no longer have a color choice on my one style of font? What's up? 

From my understanding the "mod" shield really does not mean a lot. It is the servants like Omega who are of importance. 

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

33 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

From my understanding the "mod" shield really does not mean a lot. It is the servants like Omega who are of importance. 

Probably true, I know typically people say I am of little importance :P 

But correct, not all with shields are mods. Only those with the "mod title" listed on their profile. 

Others are just given access to other areas of worthy to be involved on the ministry side of things. So if they still say Royal Member/Diamond Member, they're not a MOD, just assigned to the ministry team. 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, Aimes said:

Probably true, I know typically people say I am of little importance :P 

But correct, not all with shields are mods. Only those with the "mod title" listed on their profile. 

Others are just given access to other areas of worthy to be involved on the ministry side of things. So if they still say Royal Member/Diamond Member, they're not a MOD, just assigned to the ministry team. 

You are important and so very 'special'.

:-)